Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Honestly, my friends think that it is crazy for me to buy a $200 card
So true.

I then tell them "oh yeah, and I have another one that cost me $850" and their jaw hits the floor

I can only imagine spending $18,000 on a card.

Then again, I earn $35,000 per year. So if someone earned ten times that, then spending $850 x 10 is reasonable too, which is obviously $8,500 for a single card.

In fact, if I earned $350,000, I'd have a load of disposable income, so maybe I'd be willing to spend more than $8,500 on a card. Maybe I'd spend $18,000

In other words, it makes sense that people are willing to spend this much on cards. Why not? You have to spend your money on something. And if Jordan inserts make you happy, then go for it. I'd probably do the same.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #177 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
There you go again. You still think I was a part of some scheme with friends to mark up my card? Like really? Ease off already.
Where did I claim you are apart of some scheme. Stop getting paranoid buddy. We were talking about Bernie Madoff.

You are insinuating yourself into everything. This isnt inception my main man!!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #178 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Why did you feel comfortable enough to send that much money via gift? Why would anyone, regardless of how legit they seem, be willing to send that much money without any protection?

I personally wouldn't be comfortable sending a Paypal gift of $150 to anyone...

You just plain trusted someone with $10,000 ? Someone you dont know personally or never met or had any prior contact with? Just based on his reputation on eBay?

What if he closed his account and took off.

You really have 10k to gamble with like that?
Yes, I did feel comfortable enough to do so and that's why I did it. Do I need to explain myself more? Go ahead and talk to kobes_for_sale. He'll vouch and say I paid him with 2 split up gift payments also.

Matter of fact, talk to ANYONE I've had transactions with and they'll tell you all the same. I'm 100% honest no matter how irrational you think sending $10k+ gift payments, denying $15k offers initially, etc.

What else?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #179 (permalink)

and i guess in a brief moment someone here will ask paypal screen shoot for his payment to kobe_for_sale too... lol...

you know paypal still can show history any payment made in october right??

sorry not trying to be flamethrower but that is the one thing that comes in my mind.

this is going to be ridiculous... give the man break guys!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #180 (permalink)

I know how things may look, but honestly who the heck cares any more????????? If you are not in the market for an $18,000 Jordan insert why give two boo's?

I will never be able to afford one, like 99% of the other collectors, so really congrats on the sale, I will still live my life, F the whole Jordan INSERT craze bc it's so boring at this point.

Let's get back to hating panini or UD, redemptions, replacements, horrible breaks, ip auto stories, actual HOBBY collecting stories...... Vent over.

http://s697.photobucket.com/user/montej1695/library/CP3%20-%20RC?sort=6&page=1
Old 01-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #181 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sT View Post
and i guess in a brief moment someone here will ask paypal screen shoot for his payment to kobe_for_sale too... lol...

sorry not trying to be flamethrower but that is the one thing that comes in my mind.

Hes fighting like 1000 wars and mixing them all up. He is accusing people of things they never said.

Rare, you need to chill out. Go clean out your cobwebs, you seem pent up!!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #182 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by montej1695 View Post
I know how things may look, but honestly who the heck cares any more????????? If you are not in the market for an $18,000 Jordan insert why give two boo's?

I will never be able to afford one, like 99% of the other collectors, so really congrats on the sale, I will still live my life, F the whole Jordan INSERT craze bc it's so boring at this point.

Let's get back to hating panini or UD, redemptions, replacements, horrible breaks, ip auto stories, actual HOBBY collecting stories...... Vent over.

I know who cares. NYBeano is sitting there wondering why his wont sell for anything close to $18k.

What do you tell him? And anyone else that tries to sell one for $18k now? and it wont sell for anything close?

A simple to bad? It was a 1 off sale? Oh well, all those hundered of buyers that Rare talked about offering me huges offers no longer exist? That suddenly they no longer want such a card? I mean if there are tons of buyers lined up for such a card, why isnt the other one listed even moving?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #183 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Where did I claim you are apart of some scheme. Stop getting paranoid buddy. We were talking about Bernie Madoff.

You are insinuating yourself into everything. This isnt inception my main man!!
Just your vibe man. Honestly... I just came here to post up recent news about a big sale I made. Simple as that. The sale was legit and everything was just honest.

Then I got bombarded by a few members claiming its BS and how it was a shady scheme. How Jordan sellers are all shady. That they "smelled me" when I first signed on. Wow. Wouldn't you be blown away by all this too if you were in my shoes? I was FORCED to defend myself. I had to. Every purchase/sell I made in the past was done with honesty. It's not at all unreasonable for me to get upset when people that don't even know the truth, trying to ruin my reputation by quickly jumping to judge.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sT View Post

I for one am not, I just wanted to make sure that it was indeed a $10,000 paypal gift payment, wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo by the OP. I have certainly made up my mind about this whole matter....
Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #185 (permalink)

Where's the DC confirmation for both "NEW RECORD SALES" which you paid as PayPal GIFT for one...

Bottom line is, you're a fraud, this whole Jordan scam is one big fraud, end of story!!! It started with briging a $300 Jordan PMG to as high as 14k RAW and a "potential" of 100K in Gem To cards like yours selling for 18K+............ Give me a 2*&%#*& break!!!

I have a real treat for everybody coming real soon........... My own personal project and will post ALL proofs

Last edited by SportsItUpCards; 01-16-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #186 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Just your vibe man. Honestly... I just came here to post up recent news about a big sale I made. Simple as that. The sale was legit and everything was just honest.

Then I got bombarded by a few members claiming its BS and how it was a shady scheme. How Jordan sellers are all shady. That they "smelled me" when I first signed on. Wow. Wouldn't you be blown away by all this too if you were in my shoes? I was FORCED to defend myself. I had to. Every purchase/sell I made in the past was done with honesty. It's not at all unreasonable for me to get upset when people that don't even know the truth, trying to ruin my reputation by quickly jumping to judge.
You came off arrogant to me. So I said what I said. Easy as pie, lets just move on from it. You were patting yourself on the back of a huge sale. Thats gloating to me. Never comes off well. You never make friends by coming in and using tactics like 'Look what I have".. "Look what I sold". Not the right way to go about it.

I dont know about what others said to you. I only care about what I said to you. You got it all mixed up. I said 5 things.

1. Good sale
2. I dont question the legitamacy of the sale
3. I know your deal with kobes_for_sale and you was legit
4. I questioned the buyers motives of overpaying.... again!!
5. Told you to chill out.

Thats it. What everyone else said or questioned you about has nothing to do with me. You can get upset. But atleast get upset at the right people.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I know who cares. NYBeano is sitting there wondering why his wont sell for anything close to $18k.

What do you tell him? And anyone else that tries to sell one for $18k now? and it wont sell for anything close?

A simple to bad? It was a 1 off sale? Oh well, all those hundered of buyers that Rare talked about offering me huges offers no longer exist? That suddenly they no longer want such a card? I mean if there are tons of buyers lined up for such a card, why isnt the other one listed even moving?
Especially when it was listed a few K less than Rare's for who knows how long before he bumped his price up today. Any good high end Jordan investor/collector worth his salt would of snapped that deal up instantly right?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #188 (permalink)

I just sold a Brian Scalabrine BGS 13 for $1.45 ... Obviously I am part of a Scalabrine underground ebay black market ring.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I did feel comfortable enough to do so and that's why I did it. Do I need to explain myself more? Go ahead and talk to kobes_for_sale. He'll vouch and say I paid him with 2 split up gift payments also.

Matter of fact, talk to ANYONE I've had transactions with and they'll tell you all the same. I'm 100% honest no matter how irrational you think sending $10k+ gift payments, denying $15k offers initially, etc.

What else?
Now he's getting cocky... he thinks he has a BS answer for everything!!!

I don't know where you come from, but where i'm from, we can smell people like you coming MILES AWAY!!!

Just when you even open your mouth to begin to speak we can already call your BS, so try again!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:

What else?

Ok, but aren't you concerned with the troubles associated with circumventing eBay and Paypal fees? $10.5k Paypal gift is the reddest flag possible. Accounts have been closed for much less...
Old 01-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #191 (permalink)

wow - some serious drama!!! definitely makes my MLK day a bit more interesting
Old 01-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #192 (permalink)

your entire story just doesn't make sense, you bought a card, then flip it right away, for a profit, another guys won't sell, yours sells for an astronomical amount.

I think more than anything people are interested in the concept of this happening, being that we are all collectors/sellers, it just strikes everybody as not making sense because it happens to no one but these few guys with jordan cards.....

it seems like the story just gets deeper & deeper, one day you have a guy who is just willing to pay whatever for jordans, and people running up the price on him, then you have him selling jordans as well? which makes you say, hmmm, that's strange, to go so hard to collect jordans and pay these high prices for these cards? only to sell them later?
then enters rare23air83.... who buys a jordan for a rediculous amount, cancelled transaction of course, and then turns around and sells it, for a crazy amount?

I mean realistically, what would give you any inclination that this could even happen? I could understand if you were rich and just wanted to collect jordans, but to buy a card at this high price and then list is right away for a flip, doesn't make any sense, but then to actually flip it for a large profit amount? that's way too over the top.

you asked us basically to buy into your story, so we all just try to understand it, from my understanding this couldn't/doesn't happen, now all the sudden it does? seems very strange? there are no high end collectors for any other player except jordan? in any sport? that doesn't really sound right. nobody gets an itch for joe montana? dan marino? wayne gretzky? all these other players?

if the sale is real, more power to you, it's just hard to comprehend to other collectors because it makes no sense. and seems like nobody else can profit from this type of situation the same way that all the same guys keep doing.

and for the record, i'm not mad at you, or trying to bring you to any type of justice on the situation, I could care less, Im responding to your post and the controversy surrounding it, attempting to debate the topic and understand with you the situation. I could honestly care less if your price fixing people or not. but if you are I don't really understand the advertisement of it.

Last edited by Qwasian; 01-16-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #193 (permalink)

Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #194 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Where's the DC confirmation for both "NEW RECORD SALES" which you paid as PayPal GIFT for one...

Bottom line is, you're a fraud, this whole Jordan scam is one big fraud, end of story!!! It started with briging a $300 Jordan PMG to as high as 14k RAW and a "potential" of 100K in Gem To cards like yours selling for 18K+............ Give me a 2*&%#*& break!!!

I have a real treat for everybody coming real soon........... My own personal project and will post ALL proofs
Ok so I guess I'm squared away with everyone else. But just you, who is flat out calling me a fraud and a scam. End of story? Not really.

How am I a scam and a fraud when everything pans out true? The buy, the sell, the transaction. What more do you need from me? DC number? Like discussed before, even if I put the DC number here for you to look at, won't you easily come back and say that it doesn't matter since it could very well be a piece of paper going to that guys address and not necessarily the Jordan card I sold? When will it end? It won't.

You do whatever you have to do. You obviously have a real sore mind when it comes to ANYTHING Jordan cards, like your sig portrays. So really, there's nothing I or anyone can show you and prove to you to change that mindset of yours. So anything else I say to you would be a total waste of energy.

You said congrats on the sale. Then completely show your true self and say now that I'm a scam and fraud. When I've already made screen shots of transactions and even challenged you to check my history of buys/sells and even contact and talk to past people I've dealt with. Just ease off. I'm honest. 100% truth and there was no scheme or plot behind ANY of my buys/sells. Again, I challenge you to find anything shady you think I might have done. You won't find any because there WEREN'T any.

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #195 (permalink)
Banned

yo man.

Dont post any of your Paypal or DC confirmation stuff. That stuff is private. I believe in rational discussion and some argument. But nothing that goes personal.

Lets get back on topic. The topic im concerned with is the buyers logic.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #196 (permalink)
Banned

go to your payment sent screen and show the multiple payments to the kobe guy for the card originally.

If you can show multiple paymentsfor 10000 to the guy then that should shut everybody up.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #197 (permalink)

delivery confirmation is private? I think it was a really good idea to help the guy prove his point, because after all he is trying to prove himself, if he were not all he would have to do is log off, or not respond to the thread. if you don't want to prove yourself, simply don't. if you wish to discuss the topic, debate on, I was under the impression you wanted this brand of attention since you advertised the sale.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #198 (permalink)

this MJ market hype reminds me of the investors in facebook hyping it to a $100 billion valuation
Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #199 (permalink)

I wouldn't mind seing the DC confirmation anyway... I'm sure many would but they're not saying anything.

What do you have to hide? Nothing, right? So do you have a delivery or signature confirmation # or not?
Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #200 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
if the sale is real, more power to you, it's just hard to comprehend to other collectors because it makes no sense. and seems like nobody else can profit from this type of situation the same way that all the same guys keep doing.

and for the record, i'm not mad at you, or trying to bring you to any type of justice on the situation, I could care less, Im responding to your post and the controversy surrounding it, attempting to debate the topic and understand with you the situation. I could honestly care less if your price fixing people or not. but if you are I don't really understand the advertisement of it.
The sale is definitely real. No matter how crazy the outcome was with the final sale price... it's real. I didn't plan or scheme anything. I kept raising the prices because I kept getting good solid offers. I wanted to keep the card. But evidently, raising of the prices brought out higher offers. And this buyer was very persistent and offered a very high offer that I couldn't refuse in the end. C'mon... $18.25k is hard to pass up. Even for a dream card. It's a lot of money. I'm not a millionaire so that IS a big amount for someone like me.

But I already posted screen shots of the paypal transaction. You can even see I transferred it into my account. The sale was legit and done through eBay. And I even welcomed anyone who wanted to dig into my past history of buys and sells. Everything has been 100% legit. 99% of the cards I sold were bought on eBay just a week or two before I listed them. It's real simple. I buy, take better pictures and entertain offers. Accept the higher ones and sell. It's AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Yes, I sent over 2 split paypal gift payments to kobes_for_sale. I received the card and listed it. Yes, I initially had a $12.5k BIN since the card was JUST sold 2 days for $10.6k. Yes, I rose the price after 2 weeks since I didn't really want to sell for a mere $1k profit. I rose it even more after seeing some big offers roll in. Yes, I sold it for $18.25k because the offer was just too good. And yes, I came onto a CARD forum to post this huge sale I just recently made. Yes, I am defending my name because I am being accused of something terrible that I definitely am not. I'm a scam? A fraud? Hardly.
Closed Thread