Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I hate you Ebay Iphone APP! Miss out on PC card

Missed out on this really sweet looking brandon jennings dual tag national treasures auto. Very rare to see bucks logo so i had my eye on it since the card went on ebay. Brandon Jennings is hot right now and they just beat the Heat today so I was ready to pay up to $250 for it. Had to go to a dinner and reception wasn't the best (but still had reception) Took forever for ebay to load and i didin't want to put in a high offer too early since there's people who like to just push price high. Couldn't get on the iphone apps and it sells for much less than my max. sadness just wanted to share.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Also would have made an attempt on this dwight howard logogman #2/5 from the same seller. The guy didn't even put logoman in the title but i'm sure a lot of others saw it as well.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

snipe programs, my man...trying to bid live on my droid is a PITA...so bookmarked my sniper site and use that if an auction is ending soon and away from the CPU.
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Also would have made an attempt on this dwight howard logogman #2/5 from the same seller. The guy didn't even put logoman in the title but i'm sure a lot of others saw it as well.

Really? His 1/1s sold for about $850, this is numbered out of 5 and about a third of that. Don't think it was a steal.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Really? His 1/1s sold for about $850, this is numbered out of 5 and about a third of that. Don't think it was a steal.
Which 1/1 are u talking about?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Which 1/1 are u talking about?
Was talking about the Dwight logoman from NT (both years)
Old 02-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

yea im def surprised the dwight howard sold for that high, since it's from teh colossal set AND it's /5. + esp with how poorly the magic have been lately too
Old 02-02-2012, 01:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Was talking about the Dwight logoman from NT (both years)
Oh wasn't saying they were steals, just cards i'd be interested in. But more the brandon jennings dual tag, i dont' know too much about the dwight howard market but thought a logoman of him would be nice in case he came to LA
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh wasn't saying they were steals, just cards i'd be interested in. But more the brandon jennings dual tag, i dont' know too much about the dwight howard market but thought a logoman of him would be nice in case he came to LA
LOL i collect him and personally think he won't end up in LA! can't see why u would give up bynum and gasol when center isn't their issue!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthemixer View Post
LOL i collect him and personally think he won't end up in LA! can't see why u would give up bynum and gasol when center isn't their issue!
Actually it is... soft/clueless centers...
Old 02-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, gotta also think long term. In 2 years when kobe retires, do we really think Andrew bynum can carry the team?
Old 02-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes and no. This is the first season that it looks like (knock on wood) Drew will be healthy from beginning to end of a season. The kid is still developing and a full season is going to do wonders for him. He will never be as athletic and able to run the floor like Dwight, but the kid is a monster in the paint on offense and defense, and once he figures out how to handle double teams better and get into his offensive moves quicker he will be damn near unstoppable and his footwork is amazing and on point for his size. This is the first time I can say with confidence that he seems to be finally be putting it all together. However if we got a chance at Dwight I would say they still have to do it, but I'm not mad if we're stuck with Drew.

Gasol on the other hand can go. I love his game and love what he's done for the Lakers, but we need to get something for him while we can before he completely hits the wall. I hope they move him next month. My ulitimate dream is if we can package him with Blake and maybe some picks for Deron, then use the Odom TPE and maybe Ebanks or Barnes to get someone like Milsap or Varejo to fill the PF void. Wouldn't be that bad of a deal for NJ. They are going to end up with a lottery pick anyway, they could get a good young guard in the draft, and you would have one of the best front courts in the east with Gasol and Lopez. Probably not going to happen though. They could also trade Gasol and pieces to Utah for Harris and Milsap, or to Cleveland for Sessions and Varejo, much more likely scenarios if they trade Gasol. I'd be happy with any of those scenarios personally.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

i feel your pain I lost a ton of cams because i couldnt get one last bid in on mine
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Knock on wood I have never had an issue using the Ebay app on my Iphone, bid has worked everytime and I have won every item that I have bid on using my phone.
cwells52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

Wow that's pretty good, every time I try to get a last second bid in it never loads fast enough, I blame verizon
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Missed out on this really sweet looking brandon jennings dual tag national treasures auto. Very rare to see bucks logo so i had my eye on it since the card went on ebay. Brandon Jennings is hot right now and they just beat the Heat today so I was ready to pay up to $250 for it. Had to go to a dinner and reception wasn't the best (but still had reception) Took forever for ebay to load and i didin't want to put in a high offer too early since there's people who like to just push price high. Couldn't get on the iphone apps and it sells for much less than my max. sadness just wanted to share.
Silly people never cease to amaze me.

So you were ready to pay $250 but then didn't want to bid too high too early and then complain when you don't win it.

So next time bid early and the amount you want to and maybe you will win it.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Knock on wood I've never had a problem with the ebay app on my iPhone. I even prefer it to the computer when bidding! I've lost a few cards trying to snipe via the computer due to a slow connection.
eddiejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

So you were ready to pay $250 but then didn't want to bid too high too early and then complain when you don't win it.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

You know all REAL ebay bidders pace their real bids in the final secs, so others dont have a chance to out bid them. Its called a "bidding war" and NO ONE wants to get in one.

And PLEASE dont act like this is your first time hearing of this.
Its plain STUIPD to place your max bid with plenty of time left for others to bid on it. Unless you cant get to a compuert to place a bid in the closing secs, than its dumb to place a max bid when theirs time left for others to out bid you.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Glad I sold mine for $400 some months back.. I think the price is a bit high considering it was out of 5

Old 02-02-2012, 01:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

I used gixen and I was the one who won the card. My max bet was 200$. Im sorry to hear you lost but I am glad I won it. I have a huge jennings collection and always looking to trade to buy. I have 3 topps chrome gold refractors /50 if you are interested in one id be happy to part with 1 for you. Just pm me if interested
lac013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

I really didn't think i'd amaze you. Just because i'm willing to pay $250 doesn't mean I want to place my $250 max bid way before the end of the auction and have someone big it up to my max $5 at a time. Or to just place a high bid and then retract and the bid it up to $250. Its just not smart. And i did not know that my phone was going to have reception problem and i wouldn't be available to bid in the last minute.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

I had a similar experience a couple days ago. Was waiting to snipe on my iphone before leaving the garage when I got home from work... Bid with 8 seconds left and of course the bid just loaded and loaded and loaded until I was notified the auction ended well below my intended max bid.

And to the person that recommended bidding early, I can say from experience that I've lost so many auctions trying to use that strategy and that those auctions typically have gone for way more than the same items I've sniped on.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #22 (permalink)

edit - pm sent

Last edited by Knicker_Please; 02-02-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I really didn't think i'd amaze you. Just because i'm willing to pay $250 doesn't mean I want to place my $250 max bid way before the end of the auction and have someone big it up to my max $5 at a time. Or to just place a high bid and then retract and the bid it up to $250. Its just not smart. And i did not know that my phone was going to have reception problem and i wouldn't be available to bid in the last minute.

But it does not seem to me that happened...Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Bid what you want to pay for a card. Pretty simple

Old 02-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HartFan View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS???

You know all REAL ebay bidders pace their real bids in the final secs, so others dont have a chance to out bid them. Its called a "bidding war" and NO ONE wants to get in one.

And PLEASE dont act like this is your first time hearing of this.
Its plain STUIPD to place your max bid with plenty of time left for others to bid on it. Unless you cant get to a compuert to place a bid in the closing secs, than its dumb to place a max bid when theirs time left for others to out bid you.
You mad bro?

Bottom line is he is saying he lost the card because of software.

If he had placed his bid early maybe he wins the card for less than he wanted to pay OR the hi bidder outbids him.

If you are willing to pay a certian price for something then bid on it.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #25 (permalink)

It appears from all of his posts that he is spamming 'Gixen' (presumably a sniping tool).
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote