Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will UD Black hold value in a month or two...

With so much of this product going to be busted the next couple weeks, I was wondering how many thought this would hold value for a solid 2-3 months. I am coming back from Iraq and thinking about purchasing a case of this! What do you guys think????.....I already have a case of Ultimate coming, but bought in at $1049 back when they were taking pre-orders...
jlcherry2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

totally put this in the wrong thread if a MOD can move it for me, sorry about that.....
Old 05-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)

This thread should probably be moved to the Hobby Forum. But to address the question, it seems like this will hold better value than premier based on the breaks so far. All cards tend to drop in value as newer higher end sets emerge. I would say that for now Black will be the safer bet over Ultimate simply because we don't know if the collation problems of premier, spa, and ultimate will surface again.
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Yea, Wrong forum but buy these while you can because these are going to be new forever because PANINI is the only NBA card now GRRR
Old 05-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you can manage not to bust them and let them sit sealed, i'm sure they'll be pricey after a bit

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

I ordered 2 cases of Ultimate -- Theres no "official" word, but I spoke with (emailed rather) Chris @ upper deck this week (well yesterday -- because i was having other CS issues as well) and since there were less orders than anticipated, they printed less. He anticipates at least 1 A auto per case, if not more.

But we'll see.. I got the cases at 1100$ each, now they're at 1400$...
red48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

i have already seen plenty of redemptions from this product, so i'm wondering what it will do to sit on the product...i really hope Ultimate comes out strong. As much as I would like to hit BUY on this product, I'm still wondering if it's worth the flip come late June...yeah, I said flip, cause outside of maybe a Jordan or Deron, I really won't hold onto the others....
Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jpleazme

I think box wise, price will hold.. but as more & more cards get busted.. the price of individual cards might drop just a little.

I been wanting to buy a case before I deploy to the Gulf. Leave in a few weeks. But don't know if it would make it to my house or not. Don't want to pay extra for quicker shippings (overnight).

Pictures by jpleazme805 - Photobucket
MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/13559685

** COLLECT JORDAN FARMAR
*** LOOKING FOR SPA 08-09 "LETTERS"
http://photobucket.com/farmar
jpleazme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Depends on the initial breaks. So far we've seen some very solid ones. IF these continue, this will become very scarce and prices will go up if people want to bust it. Given the number of redemptions, its probably not a great long term hold as once the redemptions expire, value for sealed product will drop. But a year from now this could be much higher
Old 05-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Case prices will most definitely go up and hold value. Solid rookie class and with the # of A Auto's this is a no brainer at initial prices. The question is if you have a case is it worth breaking? I generally do not bust UD but I may open my case as it looks like value wise worse case is better than 90% of UD, or I could hold and make an easy 25%-35%. Definitely need to see a couple more breaks, but even the sellers on Ebay look like they have consistent good pulls.

Last edited by pac213up; 05-12-2009 at 04:28 PM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by red48 View Post
I ordered 2 cases of Ultimate -- Theres no "official" word, but I spoke with (emailed rather) Chris @ upper deck this week (well yesterday -- because i was having other CS issues as well) and since there were less orders than anticipated, they printed less. He anticipates at least 1 A auto per case, if not more.

But we'll see.. I got the cases at 1100$ each, now they're at 1400$...
ULTIMATE stinks stay away from this product. I bought a case last year and did not get any "A" autos in my case.

Go with UD Black going by the breaks here alot of folks getting Jordan autos. Ultimate has too many jersey cards in it. I think it's 8-9 autos per case.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #12 (permalink)

the only thing i am worried about with this product is with all of the low numbered cards being pulled right now. I know it is only one palyer, but there is 1 hickson rc auto/99 on ebay right now and 5-6 of his patch autos/30 on ebay. Maybe that is just how it has lucked out now, but it seems weird that there are so many great low numbered pulls in the begining.
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

yeah, cause UD released them so that their product would sell, stinker boxes are shipping now!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like UD Black has just now flooded the market with Jordans/Lebron autos....It seems to me almost 1 every 6-8 boxes is a Jordan/Lebron, haven't seen many Kobes yet....and I don't think it's worth $1200 to bust through 6 boxes of this stuff....it's exciting, but I'll stick with my 15 box case of Ultimate....

Just my $.02 in regards to UD Black. Don't get me wrong, really nice product...but just seems to me alot of autos of Jordan/Lebron. Hopefully this will give me a better opportunity to pick one up off the Bay for cheap....
Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcherry2477 View Post
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like UD Black has just now flooded the market with Jordans/Lebron autos....It seems to me almost 1 every 6-8 boxes is a Jordan/Lebron, haven't seen many Kobes yet....and I don't think it's worth $1200 to bust through 6 boxes of this stuff....it's exciting, but I'll stick with my 15 box case of Ultimate....

Just my $.02 in regards to UD Black. Don't get me wrong, really nice product...but just seems to me alot of autos of Jordan/Lebron. Hopefully this will give me a better opportunity to pick one up off the Bay for cheap....

I have to agree completely, UD BLACK should have the name changed to UD JORDAN/LEBRON
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

UD probably just trying to make panini's life hard by flooding the market with all the autos. It will devalue the price of the basketball card market and making the value of cards panini make less in value.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote