Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Scammer Alert (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/274781-scammer-alert.html)

lac013 03-19-2012 07:08 PM

Scammer Alert

This is a post to let people know about a scammer here on blowout cards. I recently made a trade with "playhard" it was supposed to be my Favors NT RAP /99 and triple prime patch Auto Durant, Conley, Horford for a bgs 9 durant sp threads gold/50 and a dwyane wade auto gu card /50. He pushed to send at sametime cuz we both have low feedback so I told him I couldnt cuz my cards were at home and I was at work. a few mins later he tells me he sent it out of good faith and gave me a dc number with no insurance or signature confirmation. He tells me he sent priority and that I had to. After suspicious emails back and fourth I started to get suspicious about how pushy he was. I contacted him Fri the next day when I found out it was a po box I was sending to and asked him if I should have it held at post office for pickup and he said "NO". He didnt respond for quite some time after so I did not mail it that day. Saturday rolls around when it was expected and no shipment and my mailman said its not that unordinary that its a day late. I gave him my package and later that day he posts jordan exquisite cards he said he had but was listed on ebay from another person. I gave maggliofan1 a call and he told me that playhard was supposed to pay him for like two weeks for a card but kept having excuses. I got my package back from my mailman after tracking him down and today his package was delivered somewhere in Ohio. Funny thing is Im in Philly... DC # 03112550000365698017. Please be AWARE...

Orangejello727 03-19-2012 08:30 PM

So did you send out your cards and has them? Or you still have them?

If he did scam you, make sure to leave him negative feedback to warn others. Then notify a Mod about the possible scam as well.

crazymj 03-19-2012 08:42 PM

THis is the same guy that posted the michael jordan exquisite auto patch right? Looks like he's fishing for the big fish now.

crazymj 03-19-2012 08:47 PM

Here's his post about just getting in a michael jordan exquisite auto patch and he's looking to "Trade'!!
[url]http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/273880-michael-jordan-auto.html[/url]

bizmark31 03-19-2012 08:52 PM

wonderful!!! i just sent out my part of a trade to him this morning!

gamboooler 03-19-2012 09:02 PM

Just contact the p.o. and request a stop shipment (assuming that's possible).

lac013 03-19-2012 09:35 PM

Not possible to stop a package priority but I did spend an hour trackin my mailman after work and talkin to maggliofan1 on the phone. I did spemd $15 dollars for insurance and priority and sig confirmation but I can take that loss. My favors nt rap and durant auto would've really hurt tho. For the guy who sent ur cards already best advice is talk to maggliofan1 cuz he has the guys phone number and from that I'm sure u could track down a lot more info. He is the guy with the jordan exquisite patch auto and that was the reason I called maggliofan1 cuz I was watchin that card on ebay.

lac013 03-19-2012 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=bizmark31;2404242]wonderful!!! i just sent out my part of a trade to him this morning![/QUOTE]

What did u send out? I think he targets newer members so he can get away with u sending sametime or first.

bizmark31 03-20-2012 03:31 PM

Thanks guys for the heads up...I was able to have usps catch it and ship it back to me... Had to fill out a form but its all set... Thanks again

lac013 03-20-2012 04:12 PM

[QUOTE=bizmark31;2407536]Thanks guys for the heads up...I was able to have usps catch it and ship it back to me... Had to fill out a form but its all set... Thanks again[/QUOTE]

Happy I could help... What would you have lost? I had a Favors NT RAP /99 and a triple auto prime patch Durant, Conly, Horford /10. That wouldve been a 6 hundred dollar loss or so

dmogull 03-20-2012 04:43 PM

haha (not directed towards the victims), the power of MJ exquisites...ppl will take desperate measures to add that next one to their collection....

if anyone ever sees me post a FS: Hoops "Big Country" base @ $5k firm, they know I have crossed that imaginary boundary as well...:o:p:devil:

mindbinge 03-20-2012 04:56 PM

Actually, what playhard said is that he picked up a Jordan Exquisite and is trading the Jordan Goodwins Champion card...which he has, because I traded it to him for an Aaron Rodgers Rooke Auto a couple of weeks ago.

The trade I did with him went smooth and I didn't have any problems at all.

Not sure what the deal is, maybe there was a mistake made with tracking or whatever or maybe he sent the card to the wrong place by mistake? I don't know.

I do know that we did a high end trade and everything went fine, i left feedback for him as such.

lac013 03-20-2012 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=mindbinge;2407955]Actually, what playhard said is that he picked up a Jordan Exquisite and is trading the Jordan Goodwins Champion card...which he has, because I traded it to him for an Aaron Rodgers Rooke Auto a couple of weeks ago.

The trade I did with him went smooth and I didn't have any problems at all.

Not sure what the deal is, maybe there was a mistake made with tracking or whatever or maybe he sent the card to the wrong place by mistake? I don't know.

I do know that we did a high end trade and everything went fine, i left feedback for him as such.[/QUOTE]

I believe you when you sid you made that trade but two others Ive spoken to has had problems after that and he is not responding to me or any of the others he so called made mistakes with. He was very pushy and things were suspect from the very start.

mindbinge 03-20-2012 05:12 PM

[QUOTE=lac013;2407992]I believe you when you sid you made that trade but two others Ive spoken to has had problems after that and he is not responding to me or any of the others he so called made mistakes with. He was very pushy and things were suspect from the very start.[/QUOTE]

could have made a few high end trades to get some feedback...people go bad to the dark side all the time...but, my trade was good and i know he has the Jordan, someone said he didn't have it...just saying.

I'd use caution with any high end trade unless the person has very solid feedback.

mimi mo money 03-20-2012 05:16 PM

why don't people use the mods here for high end trades? It's simple, 100% safe, and you can rest assured you won't be scammed. Easy choice.

Knicker_Please 03-20-2012 05:45 PM

yeah definitely, especially when the trade looks too good to be true....

lac013 03-21-2012 04:50 PM

I hear ya on the mods helping out for sure... The trade was favored in his favor for sure so it wasnt that good of a deal for me to be honest. The guy just turned into a jerk and sayiong the card was for his son and thats when I got suspicious cuz he then asked for a different card later that night.

advan24r 03-22-2012 01:53 PM

I currently have a trade deal going for my Tiger Woods BGS 9.5. He has been good at communicating with me via e-mail. He agreed to send first and was supposed to provide me tracking sometimes this week. So far no problems. Sometimes just his e-mails seem to go off a tangent but all in all, he seems like a nice fellow. Currently he did mention his mother is in the hospital since his replies has slowed down.

maggliofan01 03-22-2012 09:16 PM

I want to bump this Thread - I didn't get scammed but he tried to - He said he would send first then after 2 weeks of talking and making excuses he then says he will just buy them. Suppose to pay Tuesday and I haven't heard from him. I tried to call him and he kept hanging up on me. When someone did answer they said it was the wrong number. The thing is I texted him all night last week to that number and went back and forth. BEWARE! Also he has a different name here and on his EMAIL - HE said his kid made the name up - I don't know - I am not trusting him cause noone on this site has ever said they would pay and then just disappear?

crazymj 03-22-2012 09:39 PM

I want to just warn people that just because the other side send a tracking number, doesn't mean that THE ITEM AGREED IS BEING SEND. They can either send it to a fake address, or they can send the package with decoy cards. So in many trades after scammers "send first" , they might try to get u to send your package out since they supposed already send first. To be safe, until the card is in your hand, consider nothing has been send your way.

bizmark31 03-22-2012 10:44 PM

not to mention his address is a po box

mindbinge 03-23-2012 12:51 AM

[QUOTE=bizmark31;2419195]not to mention his address is a po box[/QUOTE]

my address is a po box? what's that got to do with anything? I don't want anyone driving by my house and just helping themselves to my mail...i get too much stuff to trust it is just sitting in a box on the street in front of my house all day. I removed my mailbox on the street all together and never use it...no junk mail either. PO Box is the only way to go in my opinion.

arodarmy2010 03-23-2012 11:10 PM

Wow, I just got completely ripped off by this guy then. Sent a bunch of stuff to him and he said he sent my two aaron rodgers autos for it. Sent the tracking number and it ended up in a different state saying he sent the package to the wrong address. I'm screwed. He got the packages already and sold the cards already. Damn I feel stupid and probably am for not looking up his name right away. Just lost a ton of nice stuff for things I will never see. Already sent him a PM and am hoping he comes through as I have seen some deals with him have gone flawless, while others were a train wreck. I have a feeling mine will be the train wreck. Wish I could do something, will tell the MODS but there isn't a whole lot I can do to get my end of the deal back.

Tarheelsfan2012 03-24-2012 12:38 AM

That sucks! Can you call the local Police Department wherever he lives? It would be fraud or stealing correct?

[QUOTE=arodarmy2010;2423930]Wow, I just got completely ripped off by this guy then. Sent a bunch of stuff to him and he said he sent my two aaron rodgers autos for it. Sent the tracking number and it ended up in a different state saying he sent the package to the wrong address. I'm screwed. He got the packages already and sold the cards already. Damn I feel stupid and probably am for not looking up his name right away. Just lost a ton of nice stuff for things I will never see. Already sent him a PM and am hoping he comes through as I have seen some deals with him have gone flawless, while others were a train wreck. I have a feeling mine will be the train wreck. Wish I could do something, will tell the MODS but there isn't a whole lot I can do to get my end of the deal back.[/QUOTE]

advan24r 03-24-2012 02:15 AM

ok...after some more investigation...this was one of the cards that was sent first to playhard...and i was working a deal on it with him. apparently, this was brought to my attention by the member here who actually shipped it out to him first. not sure if its coincidence or what..item location is the same place as the playhard's address that he provided to me once i get his end of the cards

[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-UPPER-DECK-SPX-PACKERS-AARON-RODGERS-JERSEY-AUTO-RC-178-250-NICE-/280847022207?pt=US_Football&hash=item4163c9787f]2005 UPPER DECK SPX PACKERS AARON RODGERS JERSEY AUTO RC #178/250 NICE! | eBay[/url]