Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #101 (permalink)

Not sure I like the 1 MJ Auto per case idea. Instead of "Ohhh... JORDAN!" It's going to be like "Oh, here's my Jordan".
Old 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM   #102 (permalink)

the college photography and unis obviously kills it. Some of the designs look alright, just dont like how it is a shmorgasboard of different UD brands.

PANINI = CHEAPSKATES: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Guess retro had a good run while it lasted LOL

Now people are going to start dumping their prized cases
Respectfully, there is no chance that people will "dump" their cases. I would be a buyer if they do!
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:41 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Not sure I like the 1 MJ Auto per case idea. Instead of "Ohhh... JORDAN!" It's going to be like "Oh, here's my Jordan".
yeah...thats the same way it was in UD ATG...in the 6 box master cases which weren't supposed to be sold but were at some online retailers each one contained a jordan...wasn't publicly stated but im 99.9% positive as i busted a ton of that product and saw masters opened, all of them had a jordan and it makes sense as there were so many jordans...i bet the math could be done to prove that it was 1 per 6 box master...almost every 3 box i did had one. and NO master had 2 jordans...
but im sure they didn't state it was in every case because they didn't mean for it to be sold by the 6 box case, they ment for it to be sold by the 3 box inner case... either way it saturated the market for jordans although i did gain 6 in the process...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Respectfully, there is no chance that people will "dump" their cases. I would be a buyer if they do!
I could see people dumping if there really is one Jordan, Lebron, and another "A" list player per case. The odds of getting your money back are much greater in this product verse the potential of a green PMG.
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperboy24 View Post
the college photography and unis obviously kills it. Some of the designs look alright, just dont like how it is a shmorgasboard of different UD brands.
i dont understand why people jump all over retro but exquisite wont command the same buzz? if they release it soon enough and take advantage of lack of good products, its the SAME concept as retro...remake old really popular sets but do it worse...i dont get the retro thing as everyone hated college uni products before it...but its the PMG and nostalgia factor...
Exquisite wont be quite as high because the PMGs are what puts retro over the top and the 1/1 buybacks, but it will do well because collectors havent seen exquisites in a while...i expect it to even further inflate the cost of actual exquisites too...
Old 09-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #107 (permalink)

Can't get excited about this product. The rookies that will be in this product are B level at best. The Fredettes will sell well (shockingly), Kawhi and Norris Cole will do OK as well. Assuming that the same rookies that they had in sp authentic and retro will be in this product, I don't see a single "rookie" in this product becoming an all-star in the near future.

As far as the checklist goes, it will be the same signers we have been seeing for sp authentic and retro.

I bet that most places will have a case of three boxes priced at around 1500. I don't see myself as a buyer at that price, would consider buying at 1200 if valaciunas and motiejunas are included as non-sp'd autos.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #108 (permalink)

Just not very excited about this. Top level rookies lacking + college unis(and the lack of UK guys in Retro makes me think the same will go for Exquisite).

Retro was driven by the inserts...could you imagine if it didn't have any of the inserts any only had the autos?

UD needs to make another version of Retro(series 2) and include Essential Credentials, Rubies, and other old school inserts. It would be just as hot as the original Retro and a fun chase for all of us...
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
Just not very excited about this. Top level rookies lacking + college unis(and the lack of UK guys in Retro makes me think the same will go for Exquisite).

Retro was driven by the inserts...could you imagine if it didn't have any of the inserts any only had the autos?

UD needs to make another version of Retro(series 2) and include Essential Credentials, Rubies, and other old school inserts. It would be just as hot as the original Retro and a fun chase for all of us...
yes, agreed. Won't be able to get it for 1100 a case this time around though!
Old 09-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #110 (permalink)

Until they produce an exqusite jordan retro card using the 03-04 design and a piece of game worn carolina jersey, I won't buy it....at least not a lot of it, lol.

This stuff will go up in price, though, look at atg and spa. It will dry up quickly, and Jordan sales will drive the prices up higher. If those championship rings cards come out selling for over a grand apiece, cases will be $2500-$3000 in no time.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichirorox View Post
There WILL be an MJ auto in every case. According to Gregg, the Product Manager for Upper Deck who just Tweeted:

@ScoobyCub : Anyone want a Jordan auto per case of Exquisite? ok, done.... the other 2 boxes? one from jordan/bird/magic/lebron/dr j or russel!
Hate all you want on this product, but these 'guaranteed' hits will do nothing but drive up the price of cases. I think we all saw what happened with retro and pmg's basically being seeded 1 per box.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #112 (permalink)

Upperdeck should have stopped at Fleer retro... renew their licence, so we could have more competitive choices...

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #113 (permalink)
Banned

Looks wise I think these are pretty nice. A lot better than retro in my opinion
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #114 (permalink)

Does ud do presell or is their online sales block preventing it from being sold through anything other than a lcs.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Can't get excited about this product. The rookies that will be in this product are B level at best. The Fredettes will sell well (shockingly), Kawhi and Norris Cole will do OK as well. Assuming that the same rookies that they had in sp authentic and retro will be in this product, I don't see a single "rookie" in this product becoming an all-star in the near future.

As far as the checklist goes, it will be the same signers we have been seeing for sp authentic and retro.

I bet that most places will have a case of three boxes priced at around 1500. I don't see myself as a buyer at that price, would consider buying at 1200 if valaciunas and motiejunas are included as non-sp'd autos.
no way are you going to be able to get it at those prices!
buckeyeforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
More like, Yay for design, quality, Jordan, Lebron, did I mention design? LOL
You said it!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 PM   #117 (permalink)

ATG did confirm a minimum of one MJ auto per 6-box Master as well as one LBJ also.

I got 3-box inner cases that had multiple MJs, one of the 'normal' boxes, and one of the 'mixed' boxes where you could get multi-auto'd 1/1s.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
ATG did confirm a minimum of one MJ auto per 6-box Master as well as one LBJ also.

I got 3-box inner cases that had multiple MJs, one of the 'normal' boxes, and one of the 'mixed' boxes where you could get multi-auto'd 1/1s.
yes this is true, in the random box you could get a jordan but it would be with another player....
im glad that they confirmed it because back when i was on beckett i had a few weeks long argument with a dolt who was telling me i had no idea what i was talking about and there was no way there was a jordan in every 6 box and that i knew nothing about 'odds' lol...you have a link to where they confirmed that?
Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Sadly, I would get some jacked up case that didn't have the Jordan auto in it.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #120 (permalink)

looks good!

Last edited by cardsdownunder; 09-26-2012 at 10:56 AM.
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't understand this logic at all, and I like to gamble!

For $600 or less you can get any number of limited, on-card, NBA Bulls uniform, Jordan autos at eBay or LHS or in trade.

Assuming this product is $500/box and $1500 per 3-box case, why would anyone spend 150% more to get an MJ?

Can you explain to me so that I can understand? Buyers will be disappointed to know they're getting an MJ? I simply don't get it.

I mean, you can always go online and buy like 4-5 boxes of UD Black and hope to get an MJ Bulls auto for the same price if that's what you really want, the 'thrill' of not knowing. I got 1 in my 2 cases or 20 boxes of 08-09.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #122 (permalink)

Well, it's like 3 weeks away and they gave a firm date, I honestly think the last bump with Retro was trying to make it 100% no redemption and I don't blame them for that.

Besides, if they push it week, it's NBD.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #123 (permalink)

This orderable online(obviously bo doesnt carry it)?
Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #124 (permalink)

how much is this gonna cost? anybody got an idea?
scqg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
This goes to show that any issue we have with one manufacturer will eventually rear its head with another....Panini does a lot of Durant and Kobe autos, Upper Deck beats the Lebron James and Jordan horse to death.
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote