Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 12:03 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quick question did the Magic have a foul to give??
Old 05-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo675675 View Post
Quick question did the Magic have a foul to give??
Even if they did the refs would've called a shooting foul, but then again with LeBron they probably would've won with him on the line...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #78 (permalink)

this is why Lebron was chosen MVP over the guy on the west coast...I forgot his name but he was suppose to be the next Jordan or something..

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:32 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
this is why Lebron was chosen MVP over the guy on the west coast...I forgot his name but he was suppose to be the next Jordan or something..
He has alot more to show than LeBron does...
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #80 (permalink)

yes Kobe does have alot more to show than Lebron already has..

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
He has alot more to show than LeBron does...
Yes when he plays along side one of the 25 greatest players in NBA history. I have a feeling Lebron would also have a title with a 30 year old Shaq
Old 05-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Yes when he plays along side one of the 25 greatest players in NBA history. I have a feeling Lebron would also have a title with a 30 year old Shaq
I doubt it, LeBron can't share the load with another star of that magnitude, he's too cocky and cares too much about his ego IMO, I'd actually like to see it though just to see what happens.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
I doubt it, LeBron can't share the load with another star of that magnitude, he's too cocky and cares too much about his ego IMO, I'd actually like to see it though just to see what happens.
LOL. Have you watched LeBron's game and skill set? If he had a 30 year old Shaq, LeBrons scoring would likely drop to about 20-25 ppg and his assists would be up to about 15 per game. LeBron is more than happy to take an assist over a bucket on any possession. Its just that he has a high enough basketball IQ to know that the best chance of being successful with the players around him is when he is making plays himself. Put a 30 year old Shaq under the bucket and I guarantee LeBron would be feeding the big man all game long.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW...have you watched Lebron play basketball? Please don't post again. I think you mean Kobe can't play with another "star of great magnitude". The guy needs to shoot the ball 30+ times every game. Ala Michael Jordan.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
WOW...have you watched Lebron play basketball? Please don't post again. I think you mean Kobe can't play with another "star of great magnitude". The guy needs to shoot the ball 30+ times every game. Ala Michael Jordan.
Kobe fans know that IF Lebron wins it this year the argument between who is better is over. Kobe had a HOF in his prime next to him and Lebron has Ilgaskis! There is a bit of panic in Kobeland.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
lol no .3...................
go check out the ESPN website it see what the shot clock shows.

kobemagee29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
Yes, Kobe attempted 99 more shots then Lebron this YEAR. What a ball hog.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Kobe fans know that IF Lebron wins it this year the argument between who is better is over. Kobe had a HOF in his prime next to him and Lebron has Ilgaskis! There is a bit of panic in Kobeland.
Why is that?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:34 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobemagee29 View Post
Why is that?
Because Lebron would have taken his very average supporting cast to a title and Kobe has not been able to do the same with arguably a better team. Both have been there before in the same situation and lost but neither has taken it to that next level. Kobe's rings were on the back of Shaq - which is why Shaq was the MVP in those finals. The Kobe vs. Jordan argument ended a while ago and the Kobe vs. Lebron argument could end this year. Although if you look at the stats Lebron ended the argument 2 years ago.

Last edited by pac213up; 05-23-2009 at 11:36 AM.
pac213up is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Because Lebron would have taken his very average supporting cast to a title and Kobe has not been able to do the same with arguably a better team. Both have been there before in the same situation and lost but neither has taken it to that next level. Kobe's rings were on the back of Shaq - which is why Shaq was the MVP in those finals. The Kobe vs. Jordan argument ended a while ago and the Kobe vs. Lebron argument could end this year. Although if you look at the stats Lebron ended the argument 2 years ago.
Lebron or Kobe don't control how there teammates are going to perform from one day to the next. They both can only do so much. The others have to be willing to put the effort in everyday, not whenever they feel like it. If the rest of the Lakers would put the effort in everyday, they would be pretty tough to beat. Nobody but each individual has control of the effort thats put into each game. As far as Shaq/Kobe, it works both ways!!! It's always been a team sport and always will be. Thats why the Spurs were able to win Championships
Old 05-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobemagee29 View Post
Lebron or Kobe don't control how there teammates are going to perform from one day to the next. They both can only do so much. The others have to be willing to put the effort in everyday, not whenever they feel like it. If the rest of the Lakers would put the effort in everyday, they would be pretty tough to beat. Nobody but each individual has control of the effort thats put into each game. As far as Shaq/Kobe, it works both ways!!! It's always been a team sport and always will be. Thats why the Spurs were able to win Championships
All of that is very true but I am just talking about comparing Kobe and Lebron. Obviously Lebron has the better stats and is not even at his prime yet, where as clearly Kobe has peaked. Already Lebron's #'s are better. Kobe fans always argue (because they can't point to stats) that Kobe is better because he has won more which is somewhat flawed because Lebron has not had a teammate like Shaq. Now they both have similar talent around them. It's a much more realistic comparison. If you take Kobe out of that Lakers team and replace him with Lebron does anyone believe they would not win? Point being the stats already validate Lebron being better, now he has an MVP, and IF he wins a title this young with minimal talent, outside of LA they will not be arguing who is better (not that it even matters because they are both unbelievable).