Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 11:20 PM   #176 (permalink)

nice cards guys
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 7o2 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I came across it while trying to find a Prime version of the Olajuwon along with a few other cards. I am an Olajuwon "Supercollector" on another forum and have been collecting his stuff since the mid-90s.

I got my Olajuwon jersey version in the mail yesterday. Here is a scan of it...

I'm pretty happy with how mine came out. Nice to have a little piece of stripe on it. I think it actually looks better than the 2 prime versions that I have seen so far which were both just red and white pieces of the sweatband part of the jersey.

I ended up missing out on an auction for a redemption of the prime version a few months ago and was pretty angry at the time but now I'm relieved that I didn't bid on it after seeing the redeemed versions. I am a little disappointed though because I was totally looking forward to a really nice prime version since there have been some crazy patches on some of the other players and there can be some really good ones made with the late 90's Rockets jersey.

As soon as I saw that Olajuwon had signed for this product I put aside a few hundred bucks to use for the prime version. I guess I'll be spending it on something else unless one of the other 3 that I haven't seen ends up being really nice. I definitely won't be paying $200+ for one unless there is a better patch version. The one that was mentioned above that sold BIN last night must not have been up on Ebay for too long. I had been checking Ebay all day long and hadn't seen it and ended up going to a baseball game and by the time I got back it had already been listed and purchased. There is another one currently up for auction if anyone is interested.

HAKEEM OLAJUWON 2011 NATIONAL TREASURES SILHOUETTES PRIME PATCH AUTO SP 1/5 1/1? | eBay
Great card man, and very nice that it came with the stripe!

Yeah I think the Hakeem Prime versions that i've seen so far are pretty weak and hopefully a nice one pops up soon. Somebody got a nice little steal of the $200 BIN because it just ended at auction for $500!!!

I'm also waiting for an Hakeem and should be here any day now, can't wait to see if I have a stripe too. Thanks for sharing that beauty.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #178 (permalink)

Someone sell me some of these! I was so late on the train, now I am searching hourly for them!
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:59 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Someone sell me some of these! I was so late on the train, now I am searching hourly for them!
Were you able to find the ones you were looking for?

Got my Hakeem Olajuwon today and let me tell ya... Probably the BEST one possible! Had a beautiful white strip between the jersey, so cool. I actually like it better than the two Primes i've seen. Now unless I see a sick patch for one of the Primes, then we're talking, but for now, i'm very happy with this one. Then even better, it's numbered to just 25 copies!! I had forgotten it was so low numbered, nice treat. The autograph looks perfect, and he included his number 34. All around great looking card, one of my favorites from this set. I'll get around to taking a pic some day..... haha

Anybody get any new ones?
Old 07-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #180 (permalink)

Here's my one and only:BEAUTIFUL cards
hasayrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Were you able to find the ones you were looking for?

Got my Hakeem Olajuwon today and let me tell ya... Probably the BEST one possible! Had a beautiful white strip between the jersey, so cool. I actually like it better than the two Primes i've seen. Now unless I see a sick patch for one of the Primes, then we're talking, but for now, i'm very happy with this one. Then even better, it's numbered to just 25 copies!! I had forgotten it was so low numbered, nice treat. The autograph looks perfect, and he included his number 34. All around great looking card, one of my favorites from this set. I'll get around to taking a pic some day..... haha

Anybody get any new ones?
Please take a scan for us! I'm still waiting on mine in the mail. Did Panini send you an e-mail when they shipped the Olajuwon out?
LeonfromNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:58 AM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
Please take a scan for us! I'm still waiting on mine in the mail. Did Panini send you an e-mail when they shipped the Olajuwon out?
I'm bad with scanners... I don't even have it connected and haven't taken a pic of my cards in years! haha It's the same card as the one at the top of this page, with the white stripe being further down and not touching the top like this one at the top of the page. Didn't look out for their email, but they did call me to let me know they were shipping it. Good luck with yours, hope you get a nice one too.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #183 (permalink)

Picked up a couple more...
thought about moving a few of these but keep changing my mind

Nsingerma11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #184 (permalink)

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are beyond sick....

At first I was gonna say that English and Mo Cheeks is SICK!!!!

Then I see the Mutombo and the JABBAR!!!!!!?? They're all great cards man, congrats on the amazing pickups.

There are only 15 Jabbar in the world!!! Sure the patch/5 is sick, but I like how the limited him to very low print run for even the regular jersey version.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #185 (permalink)

Not sure if I already have this card, but just in case I picked one up... that's what happens when you don't think you're chasing a set, but then later change your mind

Sorry for the huge ebay pic...

Any new pickups anybody?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:15 AM   #186 (permalink)

DAMN!!! That is SICK!!! Not mine...... but I wish!

11/12 PANINI PREFERRED JASON KIDD CROWN ROYALE SILHOUETTES 3CLR PATCH AUTO 4/5 | eBay

This card is so beautiful, I want it!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #187 (permalink)

Did this seller list it too cheap?

Blake Griffin Auto #3/3 - 2011 12 Panini Preferred Silhouettes Prime BGS 9 MINT | eBay

Listed for $800 and the BIN was hit!

I know other great players have sold for way more, but numbered higher.... i'm not great with prices when it comes to Blake, or most newer players for that matter.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #188 (permalink)

That BG sold for $720 at the end of March, ungraded.

I'd say it's about the right price, now that the hype has died down, for the most part.
Real RocknRolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Did this seller list it too cheap?

Blake Griffin Auto #3/3 - 2011 12 Panini Preferred Silhouettes Prime BGS 9 MINT | eBay

Listed for $800 and the BIN was hit!

I know other great players have sold for way more, but numbered higher.... i'm not great with prices when it comes to Blake, or most newer players for that matter.
Probably cus the patch is not all that..
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real RocknRolla View Post
That BG sold for $720 at the end of March, ungraded.

I'd say it's about the right price, now that the hype has died down, for the most part.
I wouldn't say it's hype.... it's just that the cards have dried up! Yes, they came out not too long ago, but many of them are very low numbered, so they can dry up fast!

I think the seller could have gotten more on this if he only put a higher BIN.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ncounting View Post
Probably cus the patch is not all that..
You're probably right. I don't like that piece at all... would love to see this card with a sick patch.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #192 (permalink)

This one also sold pretty well.... I think I paid less than half that for mine some months ago.

2011 2012 Panini Preferred David Robinson Silhouette BGS 9 AUTO 10 Pop 1 /10 | eBay

$290 for Robinson is a very healthy price! Heck, the Jason Kidd Prime sold for $1,000.00!!!! I posted the pic and link above.

I'm glad I added the Robinson one when I did, I just wish I would have added a Kidd Prime early on. Oh well...
Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 AM   #193 (permalink)

I recently return to this hobby and must say Silhouette is the best looking panini product and the only one on par with exquisite. Agree?
I wish the superstars are # to 50 so it s not that rare. Give higher chance for box breaker.
yaoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoming View Post
I recently return to this hobby and must say Silhouette is the best looking panini product and the only one on par with exquisite. Agree?
I wish the superstars are # to 50 so it s not that rare. Give higher chance for box breaker.
I love Silhouettes............. that's why I collect them!

For me personally, I like them better than Exquisite.

I agree with you about the super stars being numbered low, but at the same time it makes it that much more special when you do pull one. Unlike other famous sets out there, these were numbered VERY low, so they should dry up faster than anybody would expect, if they're not already dried up now.

Welcome back to the hobby!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:39 AM   #195 (permalink)

DAMN!

Chris paul 2011-12 preferred silhouettes prime jumbo patch | eBay

Makes me wanna buy more Prime versions!

Two Primes I wouldn't mind is this Paul, and the Kidd I posted above, two very sick cards. Too bad I wasn't looking for them....
Old 08-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #196 (permalink)

Here's the pic...

Damn man look at this card! I better start searching for these cards before they've already sold!!!!

Here is one of two cards I kick myself for, including the Jason Kidd.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #197 (permalink)

New addition to my Silhouettes collection.... numbered to 49!

Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 PM   #198 (permalink)

Here's a Landry Fields for my collection...

Old 09-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #199 (permalink)

Quote:
Here's a Landry Fields for my collection...

Nice! Dude, sell that Retro case and complete that set already!!! Hehehe, just playing man, but yeah - complete that set already
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ncounting View Post
Nice! Dude, sell that Retro case and complete that set already!!! Hehehe, just playing man, but yeah - complete that set already
LOL... One day... otherwise how will I keep busy?