Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #201 (permalink)

I update my thread 4 Silhouettes at a time keep it up Gio... maybe one day you will have as many Silhouettes as me wahahahahahahahah
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
I update my thread 4 Silhouettes at a time keep it up Gio... maybe one day you will have as many Silhouettes as me wahahahahahahahah
Thanks for the competition, bud, it makes it more fun to collect... haha

One day I will catch up to you, one day... Hopefully by this weekend I will round them all up and count them and make a checklist. I think my brain memory is running out here haha, just too many to keep track.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #203 (permalink)

What is your best Silhouette the Derrick Rose?
Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
What is your best Silhouette the Derrick Rose?
Yep... you?
Old 09-13-2012, 02:20 AM   #205 (permalink)

Probably the Curry. Sickest patch ive seen on one by far
Old 09-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #206 (permalink)

I don't think i've ever cheated like this before.... spotted a listing for three Silhouettes I needed for my collection so figured, why not!!!

Usually I like to cherry pick each one for crisp looking autos, autos being centered... but these three all look decent, so glad to scoop them up all at once. Three steps closer!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #207 (permalink)

I picked up the Bailey Howell and Pat Riley from Leon. The rest are from his gang scan, I only bought the two cards off him. Both #'d to 10!

Little Hurricain Sandy story... my power actually went out when I tried to bid on that Howell, so I lost it. Destiny!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #208 (permalink)

Dang these are all sick cards!
Too bad that the price point for many of these cards prevent me from collecting them.
I might get one of these at an affordable price when chances come, but right now all I can do is just to watch.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:42 PM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjho852 View Post
Dang these are all sick cards!
Too bad that the price point for many of these cards prevent me from collecting them.
I might get one of these at an affordable price when chances come, but right now all I can do is just to watch.
Well really depends on the player, cause the better the player the lower they're numbered to. Rose for example is #'d to 10, while many more common players are /99. But Kobe is /49 though, so won't be as expensive as if it was numbered to 10 Then you have many players #'d to 25, and you might get a good price depending on player. Some are even numbered to 49 along with Kobe. What player do you like in the set? You never know someone has a double...
Old 02-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #210 (permalink)

I don't really have any specific favorite player from this set, but at the same time, I am not looking to get any player that I completely don't know.

I will probably look for patch version, but regular version is fine too if it catches my eyes, and the price has to be within my budget (regular or patch).
The Luol Deng card sold from the thread below is within my target range:
Selling off my silhouettes collection over 50 available!!!

Anyway, I will see if I can snatch one from the link above or other places later once my next paycheck comes. Haha~
I don't really want to get into a spending spree just because I like this card, I like that card, etc....
Old 02-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't really have any specific favorite player from this set, but at the same time, I am not looking to get any player that I completely don't know.

I will probably look for patch version, but regular version is fine too if it catches my eyes, and the price has to be within my budget (regular or patch).
The Luol Deng card sold from the thread below is within my target range:
Selling off my silhouettes collection over 50 available!!!

Anyway, I will see if I can snatch one from the link above or other places later once my next paycheck comes. Haha~
I don't really want to get into a spending spree just because I like this card, I like that card, etc....
Oh ok cool, good luck which ever one you deceide to pick up. I've been on a shopping spree since these came out! Before this set, I was mostly collecting HOF autos and gu, but I deceeided to chase after this entire set, even though i've never collected modern players before. I totally hear ya... once I bought one it was down hill from there
Old 02-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #212 (permalink)

Hey Gio awesome thread you got going on here this is what i have along with a mark aguirre /49 that i just purchased that didnt come in yet.

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/algee3290/Preffered%20Silhouttes/

http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af45/algee3290/All%20FT-FS/
algee3290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #213 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by algee3290 View Post
Hey Gio awesome thread you got going on here this is what i have along with a mark aguirre /49 that i just purchased that didnt come in yet.

Preffered Silhouttes Photos by algee3290 | Photobucket
Wow, Al, you're on a roll.... you're moving in fast on me!

The collection is looking amazing, keep up the great work. I can imagine how hard it must be for you since there aren't many of these for sale these days... one thing with this set, many people may think these are all /99 cards, but that's far from the truth, as you know. Kobe is /49, which I think was a great move by Panini, as anymore would have made then less rare, and under that number would be way too low, and the prices would be up there for collectors. I think they nailed the different serial numbers based on player. You'll be fine man, just take your time, and as they come up, try your best to make some deals. Don't be disscouraged, they gotta pop up at some point. There are sets that i've been working on for 10+ years... lol so hang in there.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Oh ok cool, good luck which ever one you deceide to pick up. I've been on a shopping spree since these came out! Before this set, I was mostly collecting HOF autos and gu, but I deceeided to chase after this entire set, even though i've never collected modern players before. I totally hear ya... once I bought one it was down hill from there
Even the ones that you just purchased are in HOF, so it's not really out of your collection range.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Even the ones that you just purchased are in HOF, so it's not really out of your collection range.
Yeah man, I could never go wrong with HOFers... right up my alley

But I also have many modern dudes, and many players from the 90's too... This set is jam packed with different eras
Old 02-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #216 (permalink)

nice pick ups , and cool story on the Howell card

just saw a deng that sold on here so mad i would have loved that card

here is my one and only
i would like more real nice set

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrose23 View Post
nice pick ups , and cool story on the Howell card

just saw a deng that sold on here so mad i would have loved that card

here is my one and only
i would like more real nice set
Thank you! That is one sweet Parish, looks so pretty and nice. Love the Celtics green colors, they show well on this card.

Yeah, I had been watching that Howell card for many days. Can't remember if it was 7 days, but pretty sure it was. Then on the last day, the day of Hurricane Sandy, it was due to end. Hours passed, and it was down to about an hour left... The power had been good for us up to that point, and we heard on tv how many had already lost it. Then BAM!!! Power goes out All I could think about is the Howell that was ending haha. Of course that was before I knew the true destruction that is had caused when it was all said and done, and the great loss of life. We didn't expect in a million years that it would be this bad, and that people, so many people, would actually die out there. It was terrible. So yeah, at that point I really didn't care about the card anymore, could care less. Matter of fact, I totally forgot about that card, and when i heard Leon was selling off his Silhouettes, I didn't even remember it was that card I had missed. The only thing that made me remember was that little piece of patch at the top of this card. This is not a "Prime" version, so very rare to have a piece of patch when it's just the basic jersey version, so then it came back to me that this was the card I had missed. And I remembered after I bought it from him! haha

Anyway, it's great to have this card, and it means a lot more to me since it was a card I had lost during that time. A time where I was home with my family trying to stay safe... Just holds that extra sentimental value to me.

Oh man, sorry you missed that Deng card. He still has many available for sale. Hope you find the ones you like. Thanks again
Old 02-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #218 (permalink)

I need to get some of these
These look very nice.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #219 (permalink)

You beat me on the Howell and Riley, if I wasnt busy at work and saw that thread I would have been all over them.

Stupidily lost a Howell auction at the last second on ebay last week too.

Super disappointed
Old 02-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
You beat me on the Howell and Riley, if I wasnt busy at work and saw that thread I would have been all over them.

Stupidily lost a Howell auction at the last second on ebay last week too.

Super disappointed
Sorry......

Yeah, when i heard he was selling them, I jumped all over those two.

Hotbox, get on it, before they dry UP!!! Well, they already are! Most of them you see now are the /99's
Old 02-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #221 (permalink)

I search every day on eBay for them, I wish I jumped on them when they originally came out, its costing me a ton of money because of it but whenever I see one I like or need, I jump all over it.

No primes for me yet though, too expensive
Old 02-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #222 (permalink)

Quote:
I search every day on eBay for them, I wish I jumped on them when they originally came out, its costing me a ton of money because of it but whenever I see one I like or need, I jump all over it.

No primes for me yet though, too expensive
Yeah man, these are one of those sets that if you didn't move fast when they first came out, it's very difficult to track them down now. Many are SP's... as you already know.

Are you going for the entire set of jerseys? I am... the jersey versions. I did pick up a few Primes, but staying away from those as a set. Too expensive!!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Yeah man, these are one of those sets that if you didn't move fast when they first came out, it's very difficult to track them down now. Many are SP's... as you already know.

Are you going for the entire set of jerseys? I am... the jersey versions. I did pick up a few Primes, but staying away from those as a set. Too expensive!!
Nah just guys I like. A few more to go, some biggies left though and then guys like Jordan Crawford who keep eluding me
Old 02-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #224 (permalink)

Quote:
Nah just guys I like. A few more to go, some biggies left though and then guys like Jordan Crawford who keep eluding me
Who are you still looking for?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #225 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like we are all picking some of these up from Leon. I actually have the Jordan Crawford if you are interested.
rrljab is online now   Reply With Quote