Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 12:18 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Lakers are too soft to win, same problem as last year. They may beat Denver, although I would not bet it, but they are not beating Orlando or Cleveland.
I'll agree..the winner will come out of the East. If the Nuggets make it, you can count on a pathetic Final's. Orlando and Clevelan would have there way with them. With only Nene in the midddle with that Birdman fool, they are very weak down low.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:00 AM   #52 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

I love it.. I knew they were going to lose tonight and I'm a Cavs fan. LeBron is a moron for taking a 25 foot jumper with 30 seconds left to seal the game. This series could be easy 3-1 Cleveland as easy as it is 3-1 Orlando. I will play the laws of average and say Orlando can't keep making three's at this rate if they do my hats off to them. They have played their best 4 games of the year and can't keep this up. Everybody will now be off of Cleveland and all the pressure is on Orlando to win one of the next two. If they don't forget about it. Cleveland would kill them in a game 7. Law of averages will also say Cleveland can't keep shooting this bad and Dwight can't keep shooting FT's this good. I fully expect Dwight to lose his cool and get a T in game five and be out for game 6 which Cleveland will win and force a one game winner takes all in Cleveland.

Oh and FYI there is no way in HELL Denver is beating LA. Just will not happen!
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:26 AM   #53 (permalink)

I am really surprised with how poor Mo Williams and Z have played.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
I love it.. I knew they were going to lose tonight and I'm a Cavs fan. LeBron is a moron for taking a 25 foot jumper with 30 seconds left to seal the game. This series could be easy 3-1 Cleveland as easy as it is 3-1 Orlando. I will play the laws of average and say Orlando can't keep making three's at this rate if they do my hats off to them. They have played their best 4 games of the year and can't keep this up. Everybody will now be off of Cleveland and all the pressure is on Orlando to win one of the next two. If they don't forget about it. Cleveland would kill them in a game 7. Law of averages will also say Cleveland can't keep shooting this bad and Dwight can't keep shooting FT's this good. I fully expect Dwight to lose his cool and get a T in game five and be out for game 6 which Cleveland will win and force a one game winner takes all in Cleveland.

I like your thinking wolfer!! This is a good possibility. Although the idiots shaoul;d have went right after Howard 1st possession in OT. Instead they settle for 15-25 foot jump shots. Ignorance on M. Browns part!!!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
I am really surprised with how poor Mo Williams and Z have played.
Z hasn't really played poorly... at least not for his standards. He's never been able to defend well, especially against the more athletic big men. Z is all about offense, he's a really good jump shooter, an extremely good free throw shooter, and a nice rebounder... and he's been all that in this series too. But with all the 3-pointers being taken by the Cavs and the poor ball handling by the guards, Z's offensive contributions just aren't enough to outweigh his liability on the defensive end. Its more the play calling though than any fault of Z. But if the Cavs are going to play the way they have been, they may as well go with an undersized center (Varejao, Wallace) that can MAYBE give Howard a little bit of trouble and use Smith and/or LeBron at PF when one of the centers has to sit. If we're going to just shoot jump shots, 3-pointers, and occasionally have LeBron drive to the hoop, there is no need to play a combination of Z + Varejao/Wallace.

Personally, I'd rather stick with the personnel we've been playing and just stop taking all the long shots. The Cavs have been nearly unstoppable when they've aggressively taken it in the paint. Not only is that strategy more successful than missing 75% of you're 3 pointers, but it also puts Orlando's big men in foul trouble. Once that happens you can put an extra guard in (Boobie Gibson!) and go with an undersized lineup THEN go for the long shots.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 AM   #56 (permalink)

C'mon Wolffy.....the series could easily have been over 4-0.......If it wasn't for LeBrons miracle game winning 3 pointer in game 2.

PS: word is that the league will rescind his technical that the refs made a horrid call on.

Quote:

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:53 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
C'mon Wolffy.....the series could easily have been over 4-0.......If it wasn't for LeBrons miracle game winning 3 pointer in game 2.
The series could have EASILY gone 4-0 to the Cavaliers too if they made smarter defensive matchups at the end of the games... That would have given them wins in game 1, 2, and 4 without the need for overtime or "the shot". And the Magic's worst game was Game 3, the Cavaliers should have been able to easily win that one if it weren't for them tanking at the same time. The first half of Game 3 is the worst half of basketball the Cavs have played all season. So the series could have been a 4-0 sweep by EITHER team, or a 2-2 tie if very small changes had happened.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #58 (permalink)

True. But I thought that the Magic totally outplayed the Cav's in game 3. The Cav's went through the 1st two series with ease and it got to their head IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
The series could have EASILY gone 4-0 to the Cavaliers too if they made smarter defensive matchups at the end of the games... That would have given them wins in game 1, 2, and 4 without the need for overtime or "the shot". And the Magic's worst game was Game 3, the Cavaliers should have been able to easily win that one if it weren't for them tanking at the same time. The first half of Game 3 is the worst half of basketball the Cavs have played all season. So the series could have been a 4-0 sweep by EITHER team, or a 2-2 tie if very small changes had happened.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
True. But I thought that the Magic totally outplayed the Cav's in game 3. The Cav's went through the 1st two series with ease and it got to their head IMO.
Oh, you're right... they did. Which just goes to show you how horrible the Cavs played in game 3 was... Orlando plays their worst game of the series and still thoroughly outplayed Cleveland. Game 3 was just a terrible game all-around. But I think both teams would think they should have won that game because the other played so poorly. Cavs just out-sucked the Magic.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:36 PM   #60 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Well, the Cavs are an 8 point favorite for game 5 as it appears there is going to be a game 6. If you remember back a couple years ago there was a young upstart team who took a 3-1 lead in the ALCS and everybody had them marked into the World Series but they couldn't handle the pressure once it was put on them. Yes that was easy for me to remember because it was the Cleveland Indians. This Orlando team reminds me a lot of that Cleveland team as none of these guys have ever won a big series in their lives. Time will tell but I think this is going 7 and I wouldn't be shocked to see DH get that next T.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #61 (permalink)

Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Cavs come back and win this series. All the games have been close and could have gone either way.

The Cavs have 2 home games left and need to win one on the road... that's not out of the question for them.

In all, the playoffs are better than I thought they would be... I expected 5 games series for the Lakers and Cavs all the way to the Finals.

Collecting Brandon Phillips and Barry Larkin
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:10 PM   #62 (permalink)

Cavs Suck!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:25 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
Wouldn't surprise me in the least to see the Cavs come back and win this series. All the games have been close and could have gone either way.

The Cavs have 2 home games left and need to win one on the road... that's not out of the question for them.

In all, the playoffs are better than I thought they would be... I expected 5 games series for the Lakers and Cavs all the way to the Finals.
Sorry but Cavs are not coming back to win anything, they might get one game and thats about it. And I would not be surprised if L.A loses tonight and the series.....
Old 05-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #64 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbill1 View Post
Cavs Suck!
This coming from a Detroit fan who got their butts handed to them. I will take that as a grain of salt.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
This coming from a Detroit fan who got their butts handed to them. I will take that as a grain of salt.
Not to mention a fan that does not yet realize Chauncey Billups is history.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
Not to mention a fan that does not yet realize Chauncey Billups is history.
But not for the Nuggets When he first got to Denevr he made them a serious contender single handedly..
Old 05-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo675675 View Post
But not for the Nuggets When he first got to Denevr he made them a serious contender single handedly..
Yeah...I was talking about his avatar. Sure will suck to be a Pistons fan for the next few years!!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #68 (permalink)

A Matt those cards get there yet?? I really did put in a Crabtree and a few 1/1s...
Old 05-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo675675 View Post
A Matt those cards get there yet?? I really did put in a Crabtree and a few 1/1s...
LMAO...I'm not sure about today's mail. I'm still at work.