Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
My bad I don't know my scrud NBA players, Aldrich is alot better than Collison I know, but I doubt he'll be much considering he has below average athleticism for the NBA. And the first time I got "called out" I'm right, many people have been boned by this guy with fakes or have taken atleast a month to get stuff from him, just because ohiomike is friends with him and says he's fine doesn't exactly mean he is...
30,000+ disagree with you (and thats just this year). The worst criticism of Wolverine I've heard is that they sell their stuff too cheap at shows making it hard for other dealers to compete with their prices.

BTW - Wolverine has 1200+ items on right now. Find me anything bogus in the bunch! If he was constantly selling bogus items and taking a month to ship, he wouldn't have 4.9, 4.9, 4.5, and 4.7 DSR ratings from nearly 15,000 customers in the last year.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #27 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

ohiomike, the guy is a troll and likes to act like he knows everything but has no clue. Anybody who is a player in this market knows wolverine and he would never sell a bogus item on ebay just to get some money. Granted has he miss shipped cards I am sure I know I have done it and don't sell the amount of cards that he does. I have respect for these sellers as I know the bs I deal with when I break a large amount of stuff and try to get everything correct.

Oh wait I need to get a life I will leave now.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
ohiomike, the guy is a troll and likes to act like he knows everything but has no clue. Anybody who is a player in this market knows wolverine and he would never sell a bogus item on ebay just to get some money. Granted has he miss shipped cards I am sure I know I have done it and don't sell the amount of cards that he does. I have respect for these sellers as I know the bs I deal with when I break a large amount of stuff and try to get everything correct.

Oh wait I need to get a life I will leave now.
Yeah, when you are buying multiple large collections weekly and completing about 5,000 transactions a month on ebay, there's bound to be some cards and orders that slip through the cracks. Getting thousands and thousands of positive feedbacks in 1 month is not the same as getting the same number over a year or two. There are going to be plenty of unintentional mix-ups with that kind of volume. But when you are doing that kind of volume and can still satisfy 99% of your customers, you are doing a damn good job. Wolverine is about as high quality an operation anyone could hope for from a sportscard seller that goes through the kind of quantity/volume that they go through.

And BTW - I've dealt with the guys from Wolverine on several occasions, but O highly doubt that ANY of their employees could pick me out of a lineup or know my name if I was the only one standing in front of them. I am not their "friend", I just respect the hell out of their operation. They have tens of thousands of happy customers all over the country including many loyalists when they set up at shows. I am merely one of them. Customers are standing shoulder to shoulder at their 10+ tables an hour before the show starts and most shows they appear at. Look for them at the National, and you'll see what I mean.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:57 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
30,000+ disagree with you (and thats just this year). The worst criticism of Wolverine I've heard is that they sell their stuff too cheap at shows making it hard for other dealers to compete with their prices.

BTW - Wolverine has 1200+ items on right now. Find me anything bogus in the bunch! If he was constantly selling bogus items and taking a month to ship, he wouldn't have 4.9, 4.9, 4.5, and 4.7 DSR ratings from nearly 15,000 customers in the last year.
80 negatives in a month is a great seller...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
If you look at what they are though, most of them are from one buyer who bought multiple items or on several occasions from people who bought items but didnt want to pay for them and wanted them canceled....
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:27 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
3504 > 80

34,354 > 244

You try processing 200 orders every business day of every month for a whole year and see how many negatives you get. We all know how patient and understanding the average ebay customer is. And he has a 99%+ satisfaction rating while completing around 50,000 transactions in the last year.

What you're saying is like calling McDonalds a poor establishment because they screw up a handful of peoples orders a day in each store. The public has spoken and it is a resounding vote of confidence for Wolverine (and McDonalds). If you don't like them, don't give them your business. Neither business will be hurting without you.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:27 AM   #32 (permalink)

I've bought a ton from this seller,and have not had one issue. Stand up seller to me
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #33 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Although I do not recall every having a problem myself, I have heard of quite a few other people having issues with the wolverine seller. I am sure part of this is due to the volume of items that he has sold. Most of the high volume sellers do have issues at some point a long the way.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #34 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
It's fake, wolverine24 sells tons of fakes, and my bet is it's just the regular card with a forged auto, just wait until his autos come out later this year and you'll see what I mean...
I love the internet where nameless cowards can make accusations like this.

Try attaching you name to the post and watch the lawsuits fly. Then again you're probably 14 and he couldn't sue you.

I have never bought anything from this seller.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #35 (permalink)

I don't think that is fake.

BTW, that is too much,IMO.

He would have much potential but he will not be Kobe Bryant or LBJ.
(I meant not position but impact, prospect and potential.)

Even he will be near level of them, that price would be no way.

The # 1 Robert Horry Collector on The Planet !!

Big 1990's NBA Station => www. nbacard.net (PB of PC of Mine)
nbacardDOTnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #36 (permalink)

I've bought from Wolverine a handful of times, and never had a problem with him. Cards were received promptly, without a problem.
chiefsfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote