Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Wow.. any Blake Griffin fans? $$$

BLAKE GRIFFIN TOPPS MCDONALDS ALL AMERICAN AUTO RC SP - eBay (item 370203469159 end time May-28-09 20:30:00 PDT)

I didn't even know they made this card?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think these packs were given away at the McDonalds HS All-American game. Random packs had autos in them.
rambel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

It's fake, wolverine24 sells tons of fakes, and my bet is it's just the regular card with a forged auto, just wait until his autos come out later this year and you'll see what I mean...
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

wow that card actuall does look fake
u_want_my_cards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
It's fake, wolverine24 sells tons of fakes, and my bet is it's just the regular card with a forged auto, just wait until his autos come out later this year and you'll see what I mean...
You couldn't be more wrong with this statement.

THE CARD IS ABSOLUTELY 100% REAL!!!!

Wolverine is actually one of the most well respected sportscard sellers on ebay. They are buying huge collections constantly and if they have ever sold anything that wasn't legit, it was not wolverine that faked it.

As for this particular card, it is very simple to tell if it is legit or not. It will say "Certified Autograph" above the signature. This Blake Griffin has that text and therefore is absolutely real. These Topps All-American cards are susceptible to forgery, since the unsigned versions look exactly the same (minus the "Certified Autograph" text) but this Griffin is definitely real.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
You couldn't be more wrong with this statement.

THE CARD IS ABSOLUTELY 100% REAL!!!!

Wolverine is actually one of the most well respected sportscard sellers on ebay. They are buying huge collections constantly and if they have ever sold anything that wasn't legit, it was not wolverine that faked it.

As for this particular card, it is very simple to tell if it is legit or not. It will say "Certified Autograph" above the signature. This Blake Griffin has that text and therefore is absolutely real. These Topps All-American cards are susceptible to forgery, since the unsigned versions look exactly the same (minus the "Certified Autograph" text) but this Griffin is definitely real.
Half of his stuff is fake plus he takes 3-4 weeks to ship. He's by no means a "well respected sportscard seller" to me and many many others.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

i was under the impression that the auto versions were inserted into packs of topps and couldnt be released until they became pros. That would mean they could not be released into packs at the all america game....
1993 pinnacle Joe dimaggio autograph
2010 topps chipper Jones/ mickey mantle dual gu/50(Got)
crr9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Half of his stuff is fake plus he takes 3-4 weeks to ship. He's by no means a "well respected sportscard seller" to me and many many others.
Seriously, you shouldn't post about a subject that you are clueless about. Wolverine completes about 5000 transactions a month. Thats over 200 transactions per business day. Not to mention the fact that they do shows about every weekend. You try doing that and getting every order shipped the next day. I've ordered from Wolverine through ebay on several occasions as well as dealt with them in person at multiple shows. They are great people and do an amazing job of buying ans selling cards and making their customers happy.

... And BTW, if "Half of his stuff is fake" then how is he completing roughly 5000 transactions per month? If he's sending out 2000+ "FAKE" items per month, don't you think he'd be kicked off ebay instead of being a of having 34,000+ Positive feedbacks in the last year and a 4.9 DSR rating in "Item Described"?

Man, I can't wait till school starts back up in August and this forum returns to normalcy...

Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crr9381 View Post
i was under the impression that the auto versions were inserted into packs of topps and couldnt be released until they became pros. That would mean they could not be released into packs at the all america game....
No. Thats not the case. All versions of the Topps McDonalds All-American game cards are issued at the game. None come from regular Topps packs. There are 3 versions. A "base" card which was issued through a boxed set of the complete mens and womens teams. These were not autographed. A "Photo Shoot" version and a "Photo Shoot Autograph" Parallel, each of which came from the packs they issued at the game. The Autographs were randomly inserted.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

This is all you need to look for to see if a McD's AA Photo Shoot card is a legit Autograph or a fake.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

But the card on Ebay doesn't have all that green day glo writing?
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
But the card on Ebay doesn't have all that green day glo writing?
Thank you, I needed that!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

I have bought from wolverine24 numerist times with a great ending.

All his stuff is good, at least what I got. I would say real.....
Old 05-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #14 (permalink)

ProductSellSheet

They were released into topps products....
Old 05-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BUFFALOxBILLS

100% real wolverine24 is the real deal, he wouldn't mess around with fake cards
-> 2007 Sweet Spot Helmet Autos /99
BUFFALOxBILLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
ProductSellSheet

They were released into topps products....
Those are Rookie Photo Shoot Autographs, not McDonalds All-American Autographs. They will feature the players in their pro uniforms as they always have. It's actually been this was since the Durant/Oden rookie class. The McD's AA Photoshoots/PS Autos are exclusive to packs issued at the game, which Rookie Photo Shoots are issued in regular Topps and feature pictures of the player after the draft in their pro uniforms. The Griffins McD's AA Autos have been out for about 2 years now. They are just now getting attention because he's about to be drafted (others from this draft are also in the set) but they also come from the same set that had OJ Mayo, Derrick Rose, Kevin Love, etc. There is no conspiracy here and nothing shady is going on. This is just the first some of you are discovering this card.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

if you look further down the page, you will see this....

McDonald's All-American Game Autographs
Up to fifteen 2008 NBA Rookie subjects are represented with their autographed 2006 and 2007 McDonald’s All American cards. Every autograph is signed directly on each card. Last year’s subjects included Greg Oden and Thaddeus Young. 2008–09 players will be determined by the 2008 NBA Draft.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
if you look further down the page, you will see this....

McDonald's All-American Game Autographs
Up to fifteen 2008 NBA Rookie subjects are represented with their autographed 2006 and 2007 McDonald’s All American cards. Every autograph is signed directly on each card. Last year’s subjects included Greg Oden and Thaddeus Young. 2008–09 players will be determined by the 2008 NBA Draft.
OK, thanks for this info. I didn't realize they went back to the well on these and redistributed them in this years product. This must have been the first year they did this, as the Autos were always exclusive to the McD's AA packs in previous years. I would guess its because they are losing their license, still had some of these around, and decided to try to load up their product as much as possible. But either way, the Autographs were first distributed via packs during the year of each game.

Just in case anyone wants to get a jump on next year's draft... Cole Aldrich, who is likely to be a top 5 pick in the 2010 draft, was also in this same set that produced Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, etc.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
OK, thanks for this info. I didn't realize they went back to the well on these and redistributed them in this years product. This must have been the first year they did this, as the Autos were always exclusive to the McD's AA packs in previous years. I would guess its because they are losing their license, still had some of these around, and decided to try to load up their product as much as possible. But either way, the Autographs were first distributed via packs during the year of each game.

Just in case anyone wants to get a jump on next year's draft... Cole Aldrich, who is likely to be a top 5 pick in the 2010 draft, was also in this same set that produced Blake Griffin, Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, etc.
You mean that Drew Collison clone?
Old 05-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
This is about as dumb as your Nuggets Magic Finals prediction you have been making.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #21 (permalink)

That card is real but I have dealt w/ this dealer once. I bought three cards off him and only received two. I messaged him and gave me no response for a few weeks. Then finally I filed a dispute on ebay and he replied. Then no reply until finally paypal forced him to give me a refund. Never dealt w/ him again.
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

Who in the HELL is Drew Collison. Petey if you are gonna talk smack on my Jayhawks, you better figure out their names, past and present. Also, Aldrich is a lot different than Collison was, but you would not know anything about that as you don't even know names. Glad you can get called out twice for being ignorant in one thread.

I am done now. Don't mess with the Hawks.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #23 (permalink)

Besides, even if Aldrich is another Nick Collison, it doesn't change the fact that he is projected to go in the top 5 and his McD's AA cards will be highly sought after before the draft next year... especially the Auto. James Harden is supposed to go #4 or #5 this year and an auto of him just sold for $200.

Plus, who says Blake Griffin is going to be a stud? Nobody that I've heard. The best projection I've seen is that he could be a Carlos Boozer type. Other have said he could be like a David Lee if he ends up being over matched in the pros due to his undersized frame. Either way, pre-draft his McD's AA Auto is probably going to bring $600+

Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Who in the HELL is Drew Collison. Petey if you are gonna talk smack on my Jayhawks, you better figure out their names, past and present. Also, Aldrich is a lot different than Collison was, but you would not know anything about that as you don't even know names. Glad you can get called out twice for being ignorant in one thread.

I am done now. Don't mess with the Hawks.
My bad I don't know my scrud NBA players, Aldrich is alot better than Collison I know, but I doubt he'll be much considering he has below average athleticism for the NBA. And the first time I got "called out" I'm right, many people have been boned by this guy with fakes or have taken atleast a month to get stuff from him, just because ohiomike is friends with him and says he's fine doesn't exactly mean he is...
Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Besides, even if Aldrich is another Nick Collison, it doesn't change the fact that he is projected to go in the top 5 and his McD's AA cards will be highly sought after before the draft next year... especially the Auto. James Harden is supposed to go #4 or #5 this year and an auto of him just sold for $200.

Plus, who says Blake Griffin is going to be a stud? Nobody that I've heard. The best projection I've seen is that he could be a Carlos Boozer type. Other have said he could be like a David Lee if he ends up being over matched in the pros due to his undersized frame. Either way, pre-draft his McD's AA Auto is probably going to bring $600+
Harden has room to grow though, Aldrich will be a good pick up now, but you'd have to sell draft time. I can actually see the Boozer thing though, his shot is almost identical to his, and they both have pretty good mid-range games, and aren't overly athletic.