Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 11:57 PM   #51 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Can we stop this sh$t with LeBron leaving Cleveland it is not going to happen. It is well known inside the world of basketball that LeBron is going to be playing side by side with Chris Bosh once they are free agents and guess where that will be CLEVELAND. Get use to it guys LeBron is going to go down as the best player ever and all you haters keep running your mouth. Cleveland has a big trade item in Big Ben next year with his expiring contract which will allow them to add a player late next year to help lift the load off LeBron. You might see LeBron sign with the Cavs this off season because of the pending lock out and he could get his money for sure. Plus, Cleveland has Larry Bird rights on him and can offer more years and more money over any other team. Only one guy in the history of the Larry Bird rights has ever taken less money and it was Shaq to LA. I have my sources I will bump another thread where I called something a few months ago that will happen. I will give you a hint google World Wide Wes and you will find my source.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 AM   #52 (permalink)

I am hardly a hater. I have said numerous times the guy is ridiculous.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Regardless of what the Cavs do with the Szczerbiak money thats coming off the cap, I think it will be more than what the Jay-Z's Nets can offer.

Mo, Z > Harris, Lopez

I don't think an broken down Vince Carter and less money will lure James to Brooklyn/New Jersey.

And I still don't see the Knicks being able to offer more surroundings than Cleveland. Now with the Chinese ownership group, there is a much bigger opportunity tapping into the China market than the New York market.

I wouldn't be shocked if he left... but I think theres a better shot the rest of the east coast media will end up being shocked when he stays in Cleveland.
Not so sure about Z being better than Lopez. Lopez has a ton of upside and showed flashes during the season of what he can be capable of. Z is on the wrong side of his career and looks older every minute played
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Can we stop this sh$t with LeBron leaving Cleveland it is not going to happen. It is well known inside the world of basketball that LeBron is going to be playing side by side with Chris Bosh once they are free agents and guess where that will be CLEVELAND. Get use to it guys LeBron is going to go down as the best player ever and all you haters keep running your mouth. Cleveland has a big trade item in Big Ben next year with his expiring contract which will allow them to add a player late next year to help lift the load off LeBron. You might see LeBron sign with the Cavs this off season because of the pending lock out and he could get his money for sure. Plus, Cleveland has Larry Bird rights on him and can offer more years and more money over any other team. Only one guy in the history of the Larry Bird rights has ever taken less money and it was Shaq to LA. I have my sources I will bump another thread where I called something a few months ago that will happen. I will give you a hint google World Wide Wes and you will find my source.
Do you know 100%...No, you just think so, nobody on earth knows what he'll do, some think he'll take the money because that's his personality, while some think he'll be loyal to "his team", but now knows for sure...So saying he won't leave seems a bit ignorant.
petyparamoreAHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
I definitely agree the Chinese deal gives them a better chance but think they need to add that legit #2 to really seal the deal.
Agreed. If only Michael Redd would have taken our deal instead of turning to option B, Larry Hughes. Luckily, we've got Eric Snow and Wally's monster contract coming off the books this offseason (although at least half that money will have to go to Vareajo) and Ben Wallace's monster contract coming off the books after next season. I'd love to resign Varejao and maybe sign Trevor Ariza to replace Wally this off-season and then make a big play for a Bosh/Wade/Ming/Stoudamire/etc after next season. In fact, Z's contract expires at the same time as Wallace too... in theory we could in a position to not only resign LeBron, but sign 2 big names to put around him. We'll have nearly as much cash to work with as the Knicks, after what they'd pay Lebron.

2009 Offseason: Szczerbiak + Snow = $20 Million
2010 Offseason: Wallace + Ilgauskas = $24 Million

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike

Last edited by ohiomike; 05-29-2009 at 12:17 AM.
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
Agreed. If only Michael Redd would have taken our deal instead of turning to option B, Larry Hughes. Luckily, we've got Eric Snow and Wally's monster contract coming off the books this offseason (although at least half that money will have to go to Vareajo) and Ben Wallace's monster contract coming off the books after next season. I'd love to resign Varejao and maybe sign Trevor Ariza to replace Wally this off-season and then make a big play for a Bosh/Wade/Ming/Stoudamire/etc after next season.
You can't sign Ariza, my Celtics need him more
Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 AM   #57 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by petyparamoreAHS View Post
Considering Cleveland has lost 8 in a row in Orlando I'll take my chances with them winning game 6 (the Magic that is...). How is all the pressure on Orlando? They're winning the series 3-2 and if Cleveland loses they're gone, which means the pressure is on them...That logic is laughable...
This tells me you have never played a sporting event in your lifetime. I laugh everytime you post because you think you know everything but don't have a clue. All the pressure in the WORLD is on Orlando in game 6. This is a must win in that game for them because they will be going back to Cleveland for a game 7 and they have no clue what they are in for. Only 8 teams in NBA history has ever blown a 3-1 lead in a series and if they lose game 6 they aren't going to be favored to win the game. Most of these guys from Cleveland have been in a big game before (remember they were in the FINALS 2 years ago) who on the roster of Orlando has ever won a big game in their life outside of beating up a MASH unit in Boston??!?! Bueller Bueller... What people don't realize is that 7 of those 8 wins came from teams with homecourt advantage and teams with home court who were down 3-1 are actually 7-16 all time winning the series so it should be a shock for anybody to see the Cavs win this series. I will also take the law of averages into the rest of the series I said it after game 4. Orlando has played their best four games of the year and can not continue to shoot 48% from 3 point land. You saw it tonight Alston blew Lewis as bad Dwight came back to earth at the foul line. IT was a perfect storm for Orlando in game 1-4 and they still only won those games by 1,2 ot, and 10.. Cleveland could be up in this series and I find it funny you guys don't see this. Gizmo and you both need to open your eyes and watch what you are seeing not just listen to the talking heads on ESPN and TNT cause that is where you look like a moron and predict Orlando and Denver in the finals.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
You can't sign Ariza, my Celtics need him more
Yeah... I'm guessing we're both SOL, as I don't see the Lakers letting him get away.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:22 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
This tells me you have never played a sporting event in your lifetime. I laugh everytime you post because you think you know everything but don't have a clue. All the pressure in the WORLD is on Orlando in game 6. This is a must win in that game for them because they will be going back to Cleveland for a game 7 and they have no clue what they are in for. Only 8 teams in NBA history has ever blown a 3-1 lead in a series and if they lose game 6 they aren't going to be favored to win the game. Most of these guys from Cleveland have been in a big game before (remember they were in the FINALS 2 years ago) who on the roster of Orlando has ever won a big game in their life outside of beating up a MASH unit in Boston??!?! Bueller Bueller... What people don't realize is that 7 of those 8 wins came from teams with homecourt advantage and teams with home court who were down 3-1 are actually 7-16 all time winning the series so it should be a shock for anybody to see the Cavs win this series. I will also take the law of averages into the rest of the series I said it after game 4. Orlando has played their best four games of the year and can not continue to shoot 48% from 3 point land. You saw it tonight Alston blew Lewis as bad Dwight came back to earth at the foul line. IT was a perfect storm for Orlando in game 1-4 and they still only won those games by 1,2 ot, and 10.. Cleveland could be up in this series and I find it funny you guys don't see this. Gizmo and you both need to open your eyes and watch what you are seeing not just listen to the talking heads on ESPN and TNT cause that is where you look like a moron and predict Orlando and Denver in the finals.
I'm not even going to talk to you because obviously you have the blinders on...
Old 05-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #60 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
I'm not even going to talk to you because obviously you have the blinders on...
You just made my point thank you cry on Monday night when you don't get a single Finals team correct.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:29 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
You just made my point thank you cry on Monday night when you don't get a single Finals team correct.
Is it really that big of a deal...Get a life, seriously...
Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #62 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Is it really that big of a deal...Get a life, seriously...
It must be to you because you kept bumping all the threads 2 days ago saying I called Denver and Orlando 3 months ago. Now you try to flip flop again tells me you watch too much ESPN because it was a big deal to you but now doesn't seem like such a big deal.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:56 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
It must be to you because you kept bumping all the threads 2 days ago saying I called Denver and Orlando 3 months ago. Now you try to flip flop again tells me you watch too much ESPN because it was a big deal to you but now doesn't seem like such a big deal.
It's a sportscard website for christ sake...Jesus it's not like I said the world was going to end and it didn't or something...My god some people are so damn serious it's actually sad.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #64 (permalink)

Well, not shocked by last nights game. I was only surprised to see the Magic actually made a game of it after the first quarter. They've done that in every Cleveland game though.

I still have to stick by my Lakers v Cavs pick when this whole thing started 3 years ago, man these playoffs are forever.

The Magic do have to show up strong because, I really think we'll see some gator arms on shots in the closing minutes of the 4th for the Magic. I'd look for R. Lewis and Turkoglu to be the only ones not really hesitant to shot.

Well hope we see a good one without any controversial calls or 40 FTs in the 4th quarter, like I've seen so many times before in the NBA.

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't think Big Ben is much of a trade item.
kobemagee29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblue View Post
Well, not shocked by last nights game. I was only surprised to see the Magic actually made a game of it after the first quarter. They've done that in every Cleveland game though.

I still have to stick by my Lakers v Cavs pick when this whole thing started 3 years ago, man these playoffs are forever.

The Magic do have to show up strong because, I really think we'll see some gator arms on shots in the closing minutes of the 4th for the Magic. I'd look for R. Lewis and Turkoglu to be the only ones not really hesitant to shot.

Well hope we see a good one without any controversial calls or 40 FTs in the 4th quarter, like I've seen so many times before in the NBA.
Think it's going to be cleve/Denver in the finals
kobemagee29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #67 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobemagee29 View Post
Huge expiring contract equals huge trade piece
Old 05-29-2009, 12:23 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

It will be Lakers/Magic in the finals
Old 05-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobemagee29 View Post
This season he will be, although I think I'd prefer to just let his contract expire in Cleveland and spend the money on who we want rather than take whatever $14 mil contract would be available through trade. But expiring contracts are worth a great deal when it comes to trades. Why else would New Jersey have offered Vince Carter for Wally Szczerbiak or the Suns offered Shaq for Wally and Hickson. Nobody wants the services of Szczerbiak... they want his expiring contract.