Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
The bit I don't understand though. Does that mean the bidder at $13,600 and the bidder at $12,777 were actually prepared to pay that??
Or does it usually mean that most of the bidders are dodgy?
Yes they were. For all we know they were going to pay it or just not pay. There are a ton of auctions that people bid and dont pay. They are the exact same 2 people on 99% of all MJ exquisites. Two legit bidders with deep pockets who buy and are the top 2 bidders on most MJ exquisites.

Texas Legend and Wegotstock99.

Same two guys fighting one another raising prices. After you see this record price, someone will post the following a thread about record price. Then Texas Legend will list his up for auction.

Texas Legend is not a collector. He is a speculator. He buys cards to flip. Absolutely nothing wrong that. Please dont mix that up with true collector. BEcause true collectors dont flip their cards the next week. Once you realize this, youll see that its not collectors going to war. Its truly speculators with deep pockets going to war. Thats the point!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
XARZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 4,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Yes they were. For all we know they were going to pay it or just not pay. There are a ton of auctions that people bid and dont pay. They are the exact same 2 people on 99% of all MJ exquisites. Two legit bidders with deep pockets who buy and are the top 2 bidders on most MJ exquisites.

Texas Legend and Wegotstock99.

Same two guys fighting one another raising prices. After you see this record price, someone will post the following a thread about record price. Then Texas Legend will list his up for auction.

Texas Legend is not a collector. He is a speculator. He buys cards to flip. Absolutely nothing wrong that. Please dont mix that up with true collector. BEcause true collectors dont flip their cards the next week. Once you realize this, youll see that its not collectors going to war. Its truly speculators with deep pockets going to war. Thats the point!
Wegotstock99 is not a speculator, he is a legit collector who doesnt sell. He works on sets, this is probably a card for one of his sets
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
Wegotstock99 is not a speculator, he is a legit collector who doesnt sell. He works on sets, this is probably a card for one of his sets
He is probably the only bid over $10k that would keep the card. My point is his bid was outbid by texas legend. Dont tell me tx legend does not buy to resell cards? So bascially its a speculator vs a deep pocket collector? Mix in a couple of 0 feedback guys. Perfect recipe to set a record price ....no?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
paul06901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
Paul - The card in the original post that sold for $13,700 is not #d /50...the 06-07 Limited Logo is #D /50. All those other Limited Logos that look the same on ebay are not the same card...those are all the 06-07's #d /50.

The Limited Logo that sold for $13,700 is the SSP'd version, the 09-10 Limited Logo #d /10.

I happen to know a few of those bidders, actually over $10k (including the 2nd highest bidder at $13,600...Texas-Legends) and can say they are legit.
Fair enough, I know they both have deep and seemingly endless pockets. It is a few other names that sometimes find themselves in the bid list for these type auctions that are the problem with the hobby. I have no problem with the bidding/high prices as long as the bidding sequences are legit, but there are a handful of members (specifically over at HK), who were proven to be shilling their high end auctions, in a small ring of members. This is detrimental to the hobby, that's why myself and others are so aggressive towards signs of it happening.

Also, this is not jealousy speaking, but geeze it must be nice to have that kind of money to throw around on cardboard! The man (texas-legends) had something like 100k worth of cards stolen from him and a few months later is buying multiple 10k+ cards. Speculating or not, he must have some very pretty savings or $$$ stashed to be right back in the mix like that!

I know if that was me losing 100k I'd be eating Ramen for years after!


It's nice to see money still in the hobby, it was rough a few years ago when MJ BGS 9.5 rookies at 4-5K were seemingly the highest selling cards other than LBJ exquisites and Jordan Exquisite 1/1s.

Let's just hope those karma works it's magic and brings sanctity back to the hobby as well!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Paul - Understood and agree. I never said you were jealous, it is the few other irrational spiteful people (now on ignore) who seem to be fueled by jealousy and hate. You seem to take the mature and intelligent approach to these discussions and I commend you for that I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, as long as their arguments are built on rational and fact-based foundations....it is the other guys who lie and twist words to suit their biased and baseless accusations that I don't care for.

All - Texas-Legends is not a speculator either. He sold off some of his MJ Exquisite doubles lately to pay for a couple HUGE cards he just bought.

I may have to sell off of of my stuff to fund a couple big purchases coming up as well (will probably have to sell off some baseball)....
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos

Last edited by dmogull; 04-27-2012 at 10:33 AM.
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
patchgenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 2,474
Default

well considering UD is probably going under soon, everyone is going to be trying to lock up these exquisites that are left before its too late. are the prices too high? i dont know but imagine how much a babe ruth jumbo patch on-card auto would go for and that would probably be equivalent to MJ, so maybe prices will continue to rise.
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ames, IA
Posts: 4,481
Default

That's "Shill"-Tastic!!!
__________________
http://www.sportsbuy.com/vipAction.do?MemberId=112178
Beavers98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
UltimateDeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,417
Default

Yeah, Texas-Legends is a collector. I tried and tried to get some MJ's from him at the National. I even offered him double what he paid for some of them, but he wouldn't part with them because they were part of his sets and he loves his MJ's. Then again, who doesn't
__________________
I collect Deron Williams, Eric Gordon, and Derrick Rose.
Photobucket: http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll436/ultimate_deron/
UltimateDeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Yeah, Texas-Legends is a collector. I tried and tried to get some MJ's from him at the National. I even offered him double what he paid for some of them, but he wouldn't part with them because they were part of his sets and he loves his MJ's. Then again, who doesn't
Pretty ironic that Dmogull said Tx legend sold off his MJs to fund another buy. Then you say he is a collector and does NOT sell his Mjs.

Which is it?

No such thing as a true collector that does not have a price. Everyone sells their stuff at the right price. Everyone but Exquisite613
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
UltimateDeron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Pretty ironic that Dmogull said Tx legend sold off his MJs to fund another buy. Then you say he is a collector and does NOT sell his Mjs.

Which is it?

No such thing as a true collector that does not have a price. Everyone sells their stuff at the right price. Everyone but Exquisite613
This was back in August 2011 at the National in Chicago. I think at the time he was working on his Exquisite sets. After some dirtbag robbed him I am unsure if he is still working on those sets.

Kaine is a very cool, down to earth guy. I know for a fact he is currently doing the 09-10 Limited Logos set. Just look at his bid history where he bought Quentin Richardson's and Jermaine O'Neal's. He wouldn't be buying those kind of players for his PC unless it was for his set.

Now will he sell a MJ that he is not working on that set? Of course. I'm not saying he doesn't sell anything.
__________________
I collect Deron Williams, Eric Gordon, and Derrick Rose.
Photobucket: http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll436/ultimate_deron/
UltimateDeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

TO me personally,

A person that buys to resell is considered a flipper or speculator. I call them speculators because they are buying to make a profit. I dont know anyone that buys for a loss on purpose.

A person that buys to collect is a collector. I call them a collector because their main purpose of buying a card is to add it to their collection with no intentions of selling it for a profit in the near future, nor using the term PC collector to get deals on cards.

That being said, theres nothing with buying to resell. Just dont mask yourself as something else!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:50 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
SPauthentic84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 5,977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
TO me personally,

A person that buys to resell is considered a flipper or speculator. I call them speculators because they are buying to make a profit. I dont know anyone that buys for a loss on purpose.

A person that buys to collect is a collector. I call them a collector because their main purpose of buying a card is to add it to their collection with no intentions of selling it for a profit in the near future, nor using the term PC collector to get deals on cards.

That being said, theres nothing with buying to resell. Just dont mask yourself as something else!
Cant you be both?

I would like to think I am both. Let me start off by saying that every card in my collection has a price. For a collector to say otherwise, they are probably not telling the truth. However my true PC cards like my Maravich Exquisite, MJ Dunk Chronology, etc it would have to be PMG stupid money for me to accept it. I have turned down offers up to 2-3x actual value just because I truly enjoy collecting these cards.

Also though, there have been plenty of cards I get with no real intention of keeping forever. I have made huge profits the last couple years of buying and selling Lebrons, Durants, and Roses at the right times. I then took that profit and invested in other cards for PC or just for flipping.

I dont think its one or the other (flipper or collector), there are def shades of gray. There is nothing wrong about either.
__________________
*Photobucket: let me know if you like anything. http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/Marsili84/library/Harder%20To%20Get%20Stuff?sort=4&page=1

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Cant you be both?

I would like to think I am both. Let me start off by saying that every card in my collection has a price. For a collector to say otherwise, they are probably not telling the truth. However my true PC cards like my Maravich Exquisite, MJ Dunk Chronology, etc it would have to be PMG stupid money for me to accept it. I have turned down offers up to 2-3x actual value just because I truly enjoy collecting these cards.

Also though, there have been plenty of cards I get with no real intention of keeping forever. I have made huge profits the last couple years of buying and selling Lebrons, Durants, and Roses at the right times. I then took that profit and invested in other cards for PC or just for flipping.

I dont think its one or the other (flipper or collector), there are def shades of gray. There is nothing wrong about either.
Why of course you can. But then dont throw out terms like

"Collecting to put into my collection forever"
"Never to be seen again "
"All drying up"

Its hypocrisy at its best when people say these are NEVER GOING TO SHOW UP. And they do. Over and over. Its not the cards, its not the buyer or the seller that most of us have problems with. Its the fake hype. Its the hysteria that causes lemmings to go nuts and drink the special kool aid.

These are all terms used by real collectors who buy these cards up and dont sell them the next week.

We just keep hearing how all these hidden MJ exquisite collectors are coming out to play hardball to land such cards. Really?

Of the past few MJ exquisite record breakers, how many of these collectors have come out to play hardball? Ive only seen 2. Wegotstock99 and TxLegend. Same 2 on this one. The same 2 on the last one. With a few 0 fb bidders mixed up in between.

Dont tell me the 0fb bidders are legit either. A prime example of shill bids to cap a pricing (Reserve) is the PMG green kobe 8/100 that recently sold. He was 2nd highest bidder. The highest bidder ironically didnt pay and he worked out a deal. Really? Highest bidder didnt come through? Isnt that the norm these days?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,262
Default

Seems like with every Jordan Exquiste I ever watched, I ended up getting an email from ebay several days/weeks later saying it was relisted.

Thus, I stopped watching them.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Seems like with every Jordan Exquiste I ever watched, I ended up getting an email from ebay several days/weeks later saying it was relisted.

Thus, I stopped watching them.
which ones? and were they the same seller. I want to hear specifics pls as besides one Limited Logo (that was a BIN anyhow), I haven't seen even one.

and why do u watch them if u have no intention on buying them?
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos

Last edited by dmogull; 04-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
which ones? and were they the same seller. I want to hear specifics pls as besides one Limited Logo (that was a BIN anyhow), I haven't seen even one.

and why do u watch them if u have no intention on buying them?
I'll post examples later tonight.

And how do you know I have no intention on buying them? Also, how is that relevant to anything, even if I didn't have any intention in buying?

Most of the time I do have an intention to put in at least one shot at them, but not when they shoot up to outrageous prices in the initial day of listing.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I'll post examples later tonight.

And how do you know I have no intention on buying them? Also, how is that relevant to anything, even if I didn't have any intention in buying?

Most of the time I do have an intention to put in at least one shot at them, but not when they shoot up to outrageous prices in the initial day of listing.
Didn't mean to offend you, just never seen you ever post an Exquisite card you own (MJ or anyone else), so was curious why you watch auctions of cards I presumed you to have no interest in.

Yes, please post recent examples of MJ Exquisite patch autos (these are the only relevant cards as all these threads are not about Enshrinements or buybacks, etc...they are about the patch auto subsets like LL's, NN's, E of E's, SS's, #P's) that sold at auction, re-listed soon thereafter by the same seller (this is the only way you would receive e-mails, if it were form the same seller that re-lists the same auction).

Thanks.
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,262
Default

No offense taken. I specialize in mid to high end, but have never purchased a Jordan exquisite auto. Which is exactly why I've been in the market for one, since it is something I've been targeting for awhile now. Could have easily pulled the trigger on the non-patch Enshrinements autos, but would rather hold out for something more worthwhile.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
No offense taken. I specialize in mid to high end, but have never purchased a Jordan exquisite auto. Which is exactly why I've been in the market for one, since it is something I've been targeting for awhile now. Could have easily pulled the trigger on the non-patch Enshrinements autos, but would rather hold out for something more worthwhile.
Oh ok, my fault for making an uninformed presumption. Good luck in your endeavors!
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
nissandriver77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,647
Default

Quick these are drying up faster than the Water is in a reservoir.

$25'000.00 obo
__________________
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

I love how you guys consistently misuse the term "drying up" as it was originally intended in that thread. I think most other (logical) people understand that we said MJ Exquisite patch autos were dried up on ebay at that point in time relative to the few years before(and they were...only 3 or 4 of them listed vs like 20-30 at a time in the midst of all the Exquisite releases). If you re-read the thread you will see that I said sooner or later, when holders of the cards feel they are high enough or even at their ceiling, there will be an influx of MJ Exq's on ebay as the non-collectors will want to cash out.

It is just funny how you TOTALLY misinterpret what I said, and spitefully reuse the phrase over and over (errounesouly), thinking you are clever or something.

I actually just sold my first MJ Exquisite on ebay. 06-07 Exq LBJ/MJ and Kobe/Malone # pieces....

to a FIRST TIME MJ Exq collector who beat EVERYONE else out pricewise (his feedback was in the 20's (yellow star)...

these new entrants are really brinin' the heat
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,262
Default Jordan Exquisite Auto possible market manipulation discussion/example thread

I've created a new thread on my thoughs/examples
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
I've created a new thread on my thoughs/examples
yea, it is moronic....

I would go and pay off your debts with BO members you made bets with before making anymore accusations...

it really doesn't bode well with your conspiracies when you are a proven scammer yourself/.....
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Great deflection there dmogull. What does his experience with another member have to do with the subject at hand?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:02 AM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Ninjacookies - sorry for the insults... Monday morning although I do believe you should pay off your debt to the other BO member. You actually went about your MJ exq accusations in a much more civil, yet flawed and inaccurate, fashion vs other extremely jealous and spiteful members.

Orangejello - your opinion means squat to me anymore...I can't see anything you're saying and don't care to. your spite and jealousy preclude the possibility of me ever taking you serious again.
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.