Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, Ny
Posts: 231
Default anyone have an idea on the authenticity of this auto?

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Mikiamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Its not a pack pulled auto with a cert. Therefore its fake. Assume all non cert pack pulled autos fake just to stay safe.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 1,894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Its not a pack pulled auto with a cert. Therefore its fake. Assume all non cert pack pulled autos fake just to stay safe.
Great mentality to have
__________________
s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/gtmsportscards/

Need any and all RAVENS
gtmsportscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Its not a pack pulled auto with a cert. Therefore its fake. Assume all non cert pack pulled autos fake just to stay safe.
This is legitimately the single dumbest thing I've ever read on this site.
__________________
the best daniel descalso collector to walk this earth.
tikitomoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

But its true. Can you verify the authenticity of an auto?? The link is to a kobe auto on a card that never came auto'd. Therefore is it real or fake? Can you tell us?

I can pretty much assure you the authenticity of a kobe auto from a UD or Panini card that says Certified AUtograph on it.

Play the safe game and only buy authentic autos. Why even risk buying an un authentic auto?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

ok. Im holding Tikimota to this. He is saying the kobe auto in the auction is authentic. So OP go buy it based on his assurance.

Im sure this one he sold recently sold is real too right tiki?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1204

Last edited by Orangejello727; 04-29-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Packerland, US
Posts: 19,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Its not a pack pulled auto with a cert. Therefore its fake. Assume all non cert pack pulled autos fake just to stay safe.
To be fair, I agree with this. Unless I have seen it myself or have a JSA/PSA authentication with it, I assume it is fake. I am not sure how you could think otherwise?
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
Jerel Worthy PC: http://tinyurl.com/worthy99
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
To be fair, I agree with this. Unless I have seen it myself or have a JSA/PSA authentication with it, I assume it is fake. I am not sure how you could think otherwise?
I wasnt putting anyone down. Its a good and safe way to judge cards when buying them. Unless the auto is pack pulled or JSA/PSA/DNA authenticated, the card truly isnt an authentic autograph.

If you're going to buy a card like this, then it shouldnt matter to you if its real or not. If it does matter, then focus on pack pulled autos that way you can rest your mind knowing its authentic. Thats all I was trying to say.

Im still going to wait for Tiki tell us how he knows this card is a certified authentic kobe auto.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
EMD34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtmsportscards View Post
Great mentality to have
It really is, unless it is authenticated, or is pack pulled it is good to assume it is fake so you dont get screwed.
__________________
PC Players: James Harden / Anthony Davis / Hakeem Olajuwon / Russell Westbrook / Kevin Durant
EMD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
CARD COLLECTOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 570
Default

Man how ebay let sellers get away with this
CARD COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Packerland, US
Posts: 19,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I wasnt putting anyone down. Its a good and safe way to judge cards when buying them. Unless the auto is pack pulled or JSA/PSA/DNA authenticated, the card truly isnt an authentic autograph.

If you're going to buy a card like this, then it shouldnt matter to you if its real or not. If it does matter, then focus on pack pulled autos that way you can rest your mind knowing its authentic. Thats all I was trying to say.

Im still going to wait for Tiki tell us how he knows this card is a certified authentic kobe auto.
I am agreeing with you. I don't see it any different than you do.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
Jerel Worthy PC: http://tinyurl.com/worthy99
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
ok. Im holding Tikimota to this. He is saying the kobe auto in the auction is authentic. So OP go buy it based on his assurance.

Im sure this one he sold recently sold is real too right tiki?
KOBE BRYANT ON CARD AUTO | eBay
Nowhere did I say the card in question is authentic, because its obviously not, but that mentality is a ridiculous one to have in general. Just because a signature isn't authenticated by a 3rd party doesn't mean it's not real.
__________________
the best daniel descalso collector to walk this earth.
tikitomoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
EMD34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: OKC
Posts: 3,189
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
Nowhere did I say the card in question is authentic, because its obviously not, but that mentality is a ridiculous one to have in general. Just because a signature isn't authenticated by a 3rd party doesn't mean it's not real.
Edit...................
__________________
PC Players: James Harden / Anthony Davis / Hakeem Olajuwon / Russell Westbrook / Kevin Durant
EMD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
Nowhere did I say the card in question is authentic, because its obviously not, but that mentality is a ridiculous one to have in general. Just because a signature isn't authenticated by a 3rd party doesn't mean it's not real.
unfortunately, a lot of times it does, so since there is NO way to know for certain it is better to be safe then sorry and lose money on a fake signature...thats why ebay tells you the same exact thing - DONT buy unless there is a certificate of authenticity. its not a ridiculous mentality, its just ebay... and the fact of the matter is the ridiculous mentality is the one held by the person that makes fake auto cards and puts them on ebay, which gives the rest of us honest people a reason to think that all non certified autos on ebay are to be presumed fake unless authenticated. its really simple - no way to prove its real so stay away!
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
This is legitimately the single dumbest thing I've ever read on this site.
No.... THIS ^^^ is dumber!

There is NOTHING wrong with taking the approach of 'dodgy until proven legit'. If you don't, be prepared to find yourself with fake autos in your PC
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.