Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #51 (permalink)

What are you talking about Qwasian??? Scammer????? All i do i post pickup and jerseys??? that's it?? I've been quiet because I've been dealing with this situation privately. But to call me a scammer when you don't even know me?? I have NEVER sold a jersey in my life? EVER. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #52 (permalink)

I have no idea if it is fake or real, but I definitely agree after looking at the photos on the Game Used Forums that the letter spacing on the back is way off from the provided photos. Maybe that could be attributed to a different person putting the jersey together, but I would not expect that much of a difference on a pro model.
DrJ Converse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
way to take up for scammers buddy, the OP has zero trader rating, the same story has been told on another side, and it's a ring of people going around constantly trying to scam people on jordan cards and memorabilia.......if I'm being negative by dumping on a scammer, so be it...... but these threads are posted to get peoples interest and rip them off, not to showcase jerseys purchased.
Wow what an ignorant judgmental post. This guy collects gamers and always shares them on here. You post like that making yourself like like a complete tool, but nice to see your true colors. Why not just wait for someone else to die then immediately sell a sketch card of them...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #54 (permalink)

Awesome pickup it looks fantastic congratulations

http://s760.photobucket.com/user/JPLakersFan/library/?sort=6&src=wap&page=1
JP Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:51 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
not cool.

and it seems like hes making some nice dough
Don't mistake making money for talent. (see Snookie).

Last edited by The Madbacker; 05-26-2012 at 09:04 AM.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P View Post
What are you talking about Qwasian??? Scammer????? All i do i post pickup and jerseys??? that's it?? I've been quiet because I've been dealing with this situation privately. But to call me a scammer when you don't even know me?? I have NEVER sold a jersey in my life? EVER. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about
I apologize to you if you legitimately did not know that was a fake jersey, but there have been several people doing this type of thing, the jersey is way off, I was thinking that a game used collector that bought a jordan would know this right away? maybe i'm wrong in thinking that. but the jersey is not even a real champion jersey, definately not a real jordan jersey. and definately not game used. the reason I said "SCAM" was because the jersey and same story were told previously...... what would be the truth? another guy bought it the same way you did years ago, then sold it exactly the same way years later?
Collecting Carlos Correa / Byron Buxton / Manny Machado / Bryce Harper / Mark Appel / Kris Bryant (lower end stuff & bgs slabs) Basketball: Blake Griffin / Derrick Rose / Paul George / Damian Lillard Football: Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson

Last edited by Qwasian; 05-26-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
I apologize to you if you legitimately did not know that was a fake jersey, but there have been several people doing this type of thing, the jersey is way off, I was thinking that a game used collector that bought a jordan would know this right away? maybe i'm wrong in thinking that. but the jersey is not even a real champion jersey, definately not a real jordan jersey. and definately not game used.
You're not sorry. You're a douche who thinks that he rules a sports card message board.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
You're not sorry. You're a douche who thinks that he rules a sports card message board.
not at all, I legitimately didn't know he was a person who collected game used jerseys. being that he had a blog with a bunch of others I understand that I may have taken the wrong opinion about "HIM"...... but the jersey situation is still skeptical, it's been ran thru the same place the same way numerous times? that seems strange. I definately don't rule any message boards at all, probably the furthest thing from it.
Collecting Carlos Correa / Byron Buxton / Manny Machado / Bryce Harper / Mark Appel / Kris Bryant (lower end stuff & bgs slabs) Basketball: Blake Griffin / Derrick Rose / Paul George / Damian Lillard Football: Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson
Old 05-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #59 (permalink)

for the record my profit from sketch cards is negative zero....... the markers to create them cost $900+

New Too Copic Sketch Art Markers Set 144 Colors Japan | eBay

I just do them because people request them.

in relation to the making a sketch card right after someones death comment, the card was made out of respect and I donated to the junior seau foundation from this page Junior Seau Foundation

the sketch cards are not for profit. Im a full time graphic designer, I own my business. trading cards, sketch cards are for fun. nothing more.

Last edited by Qwasian; 05-26-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:53 AM   #60 (permalink)

If the jersey isn't real, then I made a mistake (a huge one obviously), but I have no idea what you are talking about. The only other board I post at besides Game Used Universe is Card Collector's World and I don't even post there really, my blog is linked there. You need to get your facts straight before running your mouth about me being a scammer or whatever you claim. This is my first time I bought what I believed to be a MJ Gamer, I was legit excited and I posted pics of it, just like I do with ALL my Gamers. Why don't you look at my profile and see my posts instead of jumping the gun like you did. Your apology is half hearted anyway as you still are absurdly insinuating I"m running some of kind of scam. This will be my last post on this situation as I really don't care what you have say anymore.
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
If the jersey isn't real, then I made a mistake (a huge one obviously), but I have no idea what you are talking about. The only other board I post at besides Game Used Universe is Card Collector's World and I don't even post there really, my blog is linked there. You need to get your facts straight before running your mouth about me being a scammer or whatever you claim. This is my first time I bought what I believed to be a MJ Gamer, I was legit excited and I posted pics of it, just like I do with ALL my Gamers. Why don't you look at my profile and see my posts instead of jumping the gun like you did. Your apology is half hearted anyway as you still are absurdly insinuating I"m running some of kind of scam. This will be my last post on this situation as I really don't care what you have say anymore.
Are you having any luck getting your cash back on this Jordan?
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #62 (permalink)

So... this jersey is again going to be auctioned by Heritage..?

1992-93 Michael Jordan Game Worn Chicago Bulls Jersey. Another | LotID #173001 | Heritage Auctions
Old 08-14-2012, 10:21 PM   #63 (permalink)

That is better than any piece of limited cardboard, my friend.

Great buy
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post

Great buy
Have you read the thread and why I have bumped it...?
Old 08-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post

Great buy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Have you read the thread and why I have bumped it...?
Apparently not.

So I guess we can assume that Chris P got his money back and that Heritage has no problem selling fake items multiple times???
Sportscard Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscard Fan View Post
Apparently not.

So I guess we can assume that Chris P got his money back and that Heritage has no problem selling fake items multiple times???
Well I've finally had a response from them, and it's an interesting one...

The jersey you reference was consigned to our auction by the buyer. It was not “returned because it was deemed fake,” as you indicate, and you’re welcome to contact the owner directly to confirm. You also conclude from the imagery provided that there was no variation in the placement of identifiers on the jersey, though your own evidence clearly illustrates that there was. Note the spacing variation of the rear numerals between Getty images number 1449217 and 2705436. The latter matches the spacing of the presented jersey. But, in any case, it illustrates that there was not strict uniformity in the application of tackle twill. This is common throughout many NBA teams.

Authenticity is always of the foremost concern to Heritage, and we welcome any insight from the collecting community, though we certainly prefer those that are not insulting, accusatory or factually incorrect. Heritage stands behind every lot we sell, and we remain confident in this piece and its team provenance. Should you have any further questions, we’ll be glad to assist.

I don't really understand what they're saying, but it seems that Chris might be selling/consigning this, after being shown that's it's probably fake?
Old 10-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #67 (permalink)

Shouldn't a Game Used Jersey have the appearance of being washed even one time?

I did not originally see this thread, but can't help now from chiming in how questionable this Jersey looks. Heritage Auctions owes a better explanation.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM   #68 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

So Qwasian was right after all?

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Well I've finally had a response from them, and it's an interesting one...

The jersey you reference was consigned to our auction by the buyer. It was not “returned because it was deemed fake,” as you indicate, and you’re welcome to contact the owner directly to confirm. You also conclude from the imagery provided that there was no variation in the placement of identifiers on the jersey, though your own evidence clearly illustrates that there was. Note the spacing variation of the rear numerals between Getty images number 1449217 and 2705436. The latter matches the spacing of the presented jersey. But, in any case, it illustrates that there was not strict uniformity in the application of tackle twill. This is common throughout many NBA teams.

Authenticity is always of the foremost concern to Heritage, and we welcome any insight from the collecting community, though we certainly prefer those that are not insulting, accusatory or factually incorrect. Heritage stands behind every lot we sell, and we remain confident in this piece and its team provenance. Should you have any further questions, we’ll be glad to assist.

I don't really understand what they're saying, but it seems that Chris might be selling/consigning this, after being shown that's it's probably fake?
good work on that mate. thanks for the update. i would love to hear from the OP/owner "Chris_P" on this. the jersey is clearly fake. i understand the fella doesn't wanna get stuck with that rubbish, but there is right and there is wrong. hope nothing dodgy is going on here but...
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #70 (permalink)

most people would have put it back in the same auction if they couldnt get a refund.

i dont really blame the OP

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
WOW now trying to pawn it off on someone else

Last edited by mcgahee21nfl; 10-18-2012 at 03:41 PM.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
most people would have put it back in the same auction if they couldnt get a refund.

And they'd come here to pretend they weren't ever told its fake? And list how happy they are to have found their holy grail, yet are now selling it?

Even if most people would, which I think is a far stretch, all of those people deserve to get punched in the face. That is flat out fraud
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
And they'd come here to pretend they weren't ever told its fake? And list how happy they are to have found their holy grail, yet are now selling it?

Even if most people would, which I think is a far stretch, all of those people deserve to get punched in the face. That is flat out fraud

I think that Chris originally posted it as a great mailday (which it was) but then later somebody showed a link elsewhere where people discussed why it might not have been legit. Then we didn't hear from him again other than when Qwasian attacked him for scamming when nobody knew/thought he had done anything other than post a mailday...
We assumed he returned it. Looks like that might not have been the case now.

For some reason the pictures in my post aren't showing, but their photo evidence doesn't seem to back up the legitimacy claims.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post

No I think most people would try to return it to where they got it from.

It's completely immoral to auction something off as legit when you have been advised of otherwise.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post

i think MOST people would try to get rid of it. you would be surprised.

Quote:
No I think most people would try to return it to where they got it from.

It's completely immoral to auction something off as legit when you have been advised of otherwise.
you have to assume he tried to return it and heritage told he hes screwed because they already paid the consignor and pocketed their 30-45%. now they have the buyer resell it because its pretty much his only option and another buyer will end up getting screwed. heritage auctions is making a bad bad name for themselves.

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote