Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default Fake Westbrook Patches mjexquisite23

How dumb can one be, threw up these at the same time.

Some sellers really are stupid.

Russell Westbrook 08 09 Exquisite Auto Patch /225 | eBay

Russell Westbrook 08/09 SP Authentic Auto RC /299 BGS 9.5 Auto 10 | eBay

Russell Westbrook 08/09 SP Authentic Auto Patch RC /299 | eBay

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow what an idiot haha nice catch.

Collecting the Thunder and Sacramento Kings for life.
volblorx8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just so people know, he did not fake these patches. These cards have surfaced before.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Just so people know, he did not fake these patches. These cards have surfaced before.
They are fakes, he just bundled them together? hehe

!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I wonder how he was able to get the card graded?
I thought BGS sends it back with 'Not Authentic' note on a fake patch
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Mates, isn't this texas-legends with a new userid? He was the bloke who had the fake Tmac Creds on eBay -- it was discussed on HK. And he is also the bloke who was supposedly robbed but never provided any information about what cards were stolen. Sorry, mates, but tons of stuff seems super shady with this guy. Everybody knows those Westbrooks are so obviously fake. And like Deron said, they have been floating around for a bit.
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
I wonder how he was able to get the card graded?
I thought BGS sends it back with 'Not Authentic' note on a fake patch
BGS doesn't care about the patch, you could literally remove the patch and put a piece of chewed gum in there and they would grade the card.

As long as nothing pertaining to their grading criteria (centering/edges/surface/corners) is interfered or altered ... they will grade the card.

Hence the reason why BGS is a complete JOKE of an immoral company, and those scumbag sellers keep getting away with pulling this BS.

Many sellers do this because they can get away with it. There are constantly new fans/collectors. I've been in the hobby for 15 years and I've seen collectors come and go, but there's always new guys appearing out of the woodworks with apparently deep pockets for cardboard.

Really destroys the integrity of the hobby.

But BGS and eBay are enablers, so these actions WILL continue and likely only get WORSE.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
Mates, isn't this texas-legends with a new userid? He was the bloke who had the fake Tmac Creds on eBay -- it was discussed on HK. And he is also the bloke who was supposedly robbed but never provided any information about what cards were stolen. Sorry, mates, but tons of stuff seems super shady with this guy. Everybody knows those Westbrooks are so obviously fake. And like Deron said, they have been floating around for a bit.
Just because YOU never received the detailed excel spreadsheet with the missing cards, doesnt mean it never existed. Texas-Legends emailed a list of the high profile cards to people who requested it. To say he is shady because he 'supposedly got robbed' but YOU can't verify it is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
BGS doesn't care about the patch, you could literally remove the patch and put a piece of chewed gum in there and they would grade the card.

As long as nothing pertaining to their grading criteria (centering/edges/surface/corners) is interfered or altered ... they will grade the card.

Hence the reason why BGS is a complete JOKE of an immoral company, and those scumbag sellers keep getting away with pulling this BS.

Many sellers do this because they can get away with it. There are constantly new fans/collectors. I've been in the hobby for 15 years and I've seen collectors come and go, but there's always new guys appearing out of the woodworks with apparently deep pockets for cardboard.

Really destroys the integrity of the hobby.

But BGS and eBay are enablers, so these actions WILL continue and likely only get WORSE.
If you are gonna bash on grading companies, then just bash on the whole grading industry because less than 24hrs ago the topic of fake patches on PSA slabbed cards came up with the fake jumpman jordan cards. And it wasnt even just 1 that surfaced it was 2 fake looking jumpman sneaker cards on 2 different psa cards sold by mintstateinc.

Last edited by XARZY; 06-07-2012 at 10:53 AM.
XARZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
Just because YOU never received the detailed excel spreadsheet with the missing cards, doesnt mean it never existed. Texas-Legends emailed a list of the high profile cards to people who requested it. To say he is shady because he 'supposedly got robbed' but YOU can't verify it is wrong.

If you are gonna bash on grading companies, then just bash on the whole grading industry because less than 24hrs ago the topic of fake patches on PSA slabbed cards came up with the fake jumpman jordan cards. And it wasnt even just 1 that surfaced it was 2 fake looking jumpman sneaker cards on 2 different psa cards sold by mintstateinc.
I did bash PSA in that thread haha, they are all corrupt and just in for the money. Minstateinc and most of those other bulk high end sellers are all corrupt.

They will take whatever measures necessary to maximize their profits. They have no morality, it's all business for them!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Those patches scare me. I lack evidence, buy my experience makes me question the authenticity of those patches. I question whether Upper Deck placed that patches on the original cards.

As noted, grading companies do not guarantee the patch. They will note tampering if evident, but they do not contact card companies to verify authenticity of patches. Some individuals/groups have learned the art of separating the layers, replacing the patches without signs of alteration.

I doubt the grading companies 'don't care', they simply have no way of verifying. The card companies can't even verify a patch as legit.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ebitz

whoever allegedly faked them took one patch that was a heavy stitched logoman patch and put them in roughly 5 different cards. While I understand the question these patches are not real these cards were floating around when westbrooks SPA were selling for like 100. Its not like the are huge money cards, I don't know maybe people fake patches to make and extra 20 or something but all the info that is out doesn't totally lead me to believe they are fake. But at this time if we see a patch that is too good to be true we have to assume its fake unfortunately.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Fake patches & Fake inscriptions. I think with the amount of questionable items out there, eventually they will lose their premiums.

I tend to stay away from patch cards for this reason. There is no real way of authenticating what has and has not been altered.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
Okay, mate, not trying to start a barney with u, but I couldn't help but notice that you didnt comment on the part I wrote about the fake TMac Creds he was selling. You are a big HK supporter with many mates there, so I'm sure you remember the thread where it was discussed. This bloke just makes me nervous. Sorry to upset you if he is your mate.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdownunder View Post
Okay, mate, not trying to start a barney with u, but I couldn't help but notice that you didnt comment on the part I wrote about the fake TMac Creds he was selling. You are a big HK supporter with many mates there, so I'm sure you remember the thread where it was discussed. This bloke just makes me nervous. Sorry to upset you if he is your mate.
I remember it. It was a Tmac Credentials from the Fleer Bankruptcy sale. They were unnumbered but were red tinted just like credentials. It had a different stencil on it as well. The font on the stencil imprinted was bigger and different. I warned a few members here about this a long time ago. Im sure they wont remember.

There is also a few duncans floating out there just like it as well. I also know someone that has more than 1 copy of the un numbered versions of MJ and Kobe. Both Now and Futures!!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Jordan Exquisite "sale" prices are as legit as this seller is.............. smh
Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - McGrady Credentials
Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I remember it. It was a Tmac Credentials from the Fleer Bankruptcy sale. They were unnumbered but were red tinted just like credentials. It had a different stencil on it as well. The font on the stencil imprinted was bigger and different. I warned a few members here about this a long time ago. Im sure they wont remember.

There is also a few duncans floating out there just like it as well. I also know someone that has more than 1 copy of the un numbered versions of MJ and Kobe. Both Now and Futures!!
Isn't it sad when sellers are TOLD their card is fake, and they still sell it?

Especially when they're members of a certain site.

I was banned for breaking a BGS jordan insert out of a BGS 8 case and selling it raw. Raw is essentially NM. There was zero damage, just a condition sensitive foil set. It was sold 'as-is' with high-res scans

I got lynched and told I need to include in my description that it was previously graded!

I added it to my description, although there was really no need to...and guess what, BANNED STILL!

Mods deliberated and ruled that it was grounds for banning.

Texas_legends is still there, along with a handful of other members who have proven to take part in shady business.

The bigger your collection and the more money you flaunt, the more valuable you are to a site full of 'elitists'

Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Kaine (Texas-Legends aka MJExquisite23) is a good guy. He would NEVER fake patches. As Rick said, these have been floating around for a while and I guess Kaine got duped on them or is selling them for someone else.

With regard to his robbery, he provided me with the password to his Photobucket folder with all the stolen cards from day 1.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Isn't it sad when sellers are TOLD their card is fake, and they still sell it?

Especially when they're members of a certain site.

I was banned for breaking a BGS jordan insert out of a BGS 8 case and selling it raw. Raw is essentially NM. There was zero damage, just a condition sensitive foil set. It was sold 'as-is' with high-res scans

I got lynched and told I need to include in my description that it was previously graded!

I added it to my description, although there was really no need to...and guess what, BANNED STILL!

Mods deliberated and ruled that it was grounds for banning.

Texas_legends is still there, along with a handful of other members who have proven to take part in shady business.

The bigger your collection and the more money you flaunt, the more valuable you are to a site full of 'elitists'

Im against it. But there is certainly a double standard within these groups of people.

According to this sect or society, its ok if they sell altered patches and fake numbered cards, so as long as they get their money back. But if you pawn off your card to recoup the loss, you are banned or become a scammer.

I was against you when you did it. It wasnt you persay but the action itself. Be it anyone, id have the same stance. But Texas sold it off, just like he sold off these cards. He didnt fake them. But he is guilty of selling off altered patches. I dont know how to define the line of being ethical when it comes to knowingly selling off patches that were altered but not being guilty of altering them. Are they one in the same?

Celtics (Broncofan) pulled the same thing you did, but they obviously loved him for doing it, but hated you. Believe me if anyone know, its me about the double standards certain misfits get on that site.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
Kaine (Texas-Legends aka MJExquisite23) is a good guy. He would NEVER fake patches. As Rick said, these have been floating around for a while and I guess Kaine got duped on them or is selling them for someone else.

With regard to his robbery, he provided me with the password to his Photobucket folder with all the stolen cards from day 1.
Kaine is a legit dude

!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im against it. But there is certainly a double standard within these groups of people.

According to this sect or society, its ok if they sell altered patches and fake numbered cards, so as long as they get their money back. But if you pawn off your card to recoup the loss, you are banned or become a scammer.

I was against you when you did it. It wasnt you persay but the action itself. Be it anyone, id have the same stance. But Texas sold it off, just like he sold off these cards. He didnt fake them. But he is guilty of selling off altered patches. I dont know how to define the line of being ethical when it comes to knowingly selling off patches that were altered but not being guilty of altering them. Are they one in the same?

Celtics (Broncofan) pulled the same thing you did, but they obviously loved him for doing it, but hated you. Believe me if anyone know, its me about the double standards certain misfits get on that site.
They have nobody left on there............. LOL

Do you want them to BAN the only few members they have left? hahahahaha

Of course they should because these guys are shady as hell, but they won't or the site might as well close down! Instead they keep all the scum of the hobby world all under one roof..... that's the way they like it.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #22 (permalink)

Seller caught with dirty cards on multiple occasions? If this seller has such immense hobby knowledge why is he dealing in dirty cards?

What is the marketing purpose of this statement?:

have had this card in pc for year and half and bought it online.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #23 (permalink)

Because he's an HK 'elitist'.......... smh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Seller caught with dirty cards on multiple occasions? If this seller has such immense hobby knowledge why is he dealing in dirty cards?

Old 06-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post

Well according to people here and there, such individuals get a pass when they deal with fake cards. According to these people its ok if they peddle off fake cards to unsuspecting buyers because franky "They never knew and why should they eat the loss" or "Ive done business with them in the past therefore they automatically get a pass no matter what they do" Great choices.

Double standard. THese guys are allowed to pass off stolen and altered cards because people look up to them. Because they spend a lot of money on cards. LOL Such irony!!

I dont know how you can sit there and consider such individuals class acts and pros of sportscards when they keep getting caught with altered cards. I mean once? Sure. Twice ..maybe? But over and over and over again? Makes you wonder.

I wonder if I sold an altered patch or a fake serial card and got caught, you think these people would sit there and say "I know its fake but he gets a pass because OJ is a good guy"? Only in the basketball card world!!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Kaine is a legit dude
Okay, got it.