Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ Converse View Post
Your card is fine. Having graded a bunch of 1999 Legends, I will say occassionally PSA (red label) will send a card back for not meeting the minimum size requirements. When you hold up a bunch of these cards together, there is a slight varibility in height. This seems to be a UD quality control issue as some of the guys who I sent in off of eBay sale were $5 - 10 cards which no seller would trim.

There was a thread on this same subject on the PSA boards awhile back which I will try to find.

So if you WIlt came up a bit short, PSA (Red Label) could not grade it for not meeting their minimum height standards, but PSA/DNA (Blus Label) will grade the card since they are only worried about the autograph and not the grade of the card. A short card may have very well came from the factory that way with this particular issue so don't sweat it unless it is a totally obvious trim job (which I don't see above).
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
In my experience, the Epic Signatures are not cut terribly well, e.g. some of them are a tiny bit 'thinner' or 'shorter' than others (I'm talking like half a millimetre here). As a result, they sometimes don't fit very snugly inside magnetic card holders (and, therefore, presumably PSA plastic cases).

I've no idea if the Wilt has been trimmed or not. It looks similar to all the Epic Signatures I've had though.
Thanks for clearing that up. The seller also said the set was given as a door prize at the 1999 National which explains the others as well.

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

I gotta get a Wilt eventually......... I'll wait till the very end. Gotta save up the coin!

Between the Wilt, Debusschere and that Russell, you got yourself three very tough ones for the pc. Congrats again! That Russell is very hard to come by

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I gotta get a Wilt eventually......... I'll wait till the very end. Gotta save up the coin!

Between the Wilt, Debusschere and that Russell, you got yourself three very tough ones for the pc. Congrats again! That Russell is very hard to come by
Thanks Gio.

Im not sure if its because of the set or the number of championships, but I think the Russell might be my favorite out of the group.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Thanks Gio.

Im not sure if its because of the set or the number of championships, but I think the Russell might be my favorite out of the group.
I think this was SUPER SP card. I've only seen it a few times in all the years... Who knows, they probably didn't want to bother him since he was old, or since he was so great in his time they wanted to keep it very limited to keep it's value.

I think I bought 4 or 5 boxes when they first came out. I wonder who I got haha. Their long gone in card shows I use to have. Back then I wasn't into the HOFers......... I hope I didn't have a Russell, but I highly doubt it.

I wouldn't mind that Russell for my pc, sweet card!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
I think this was SUPER SP card. I've only seen it a few times in all the years... Who knows, they probably didn't want to bother him since he was old, or since he was so great in his time they wanted to keep it very limited to keep it's value.

I think I bought 4 or 5 boxes when they first came out. I wonder who I got haha. Their long gone in card shows I use to have. Back then I wasn't into the HOFers......... I hope I didn't have a Russell, but I highly doubt it.

I wouldn't mind that Russell for my pc, sweet card!
I cant imagine me finding a different Russell I rather have lol

Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
I cant imagine me finding a different Russell I rather have lol
Yeah man you can not go wrong with that one. I have a Sport Kings for Russell because they picture him in the warm-ups... Goes hand and hand with my Russell By The Letter patch card. I only need one Russell auto...

Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah man you can not go wrong with that one. I have a Sport Kings for Russell because they picture him in the warm-ups... Goes hand and hand with my Russell By The Letter patch card. I only need one Russell auto...
Your by the letter card is by far his nicest GU available.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Your by the letter card is by far his nicest GU available.
Thanks. As long as Panini doesn't make a letter card for him, that should stay the only one out there. Or hopefully the $84,000.00 price tag for a Russell warm-ups will scare them away

That Sport Kings auto is also very rare. I've never seen another anywhere........ I've checked many times after I bought it and nothing! Haven't checked in a while though, so gonna hit ebay and see what's going on with that card.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks. As long as Panini doesn't make a letter card for him, that should stay the only one out there. Or hopefully the $84,000.00 price tag for a Russell warm-ups will scare them away

That Sport Kings auto is also very rare. I've never seen another anywhere........ I've checked many times after I bought it and nothing! Haven't checked in a while though, so gonna hit ebay and see what's going on with that card.
Hi Gio, are talking abt sport king or sport royalty Goudey ? Pic pls

Last edited by Sutantoj; 06-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Sutantoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutantoj View Post
Hi Gio, are talking abt sport king or sport royalty Goudey ? Pic pls
You got it, that's the one! I thought they were the same company?

Yep, Sport Royalty is the one.

I don't have a picture of my auto saved to my computer, but here is a pic of the base card... Same exact card, only mine has the auto and certification on the back like any other card would have. The back looks sexy as well, with the whole Congratulation..... Love the card. Shows a pic of the warm-ups from the letter patch on my GU card.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #36 (permalink)

Awesome cards Joe, all great PC Items. Great to see you filled two really big holes on the 2000 Legendary Signatures set (which is my all-time favorite set) in the Russell and Magic.. Good luck in tracking down the rest!!
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15ncounting View Post
Awesome cards Joe, all great PC Items. Great to see you filled two really big holes on the 2000 Legendary Signatures set (which is my all-time favorite set) in the Russell and Magic.. Good luck in tracking down the rest!!
Joe, thanks for your help in that!

Old 06-13-2012, 03:48 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Joe, thanks for your help in that!
You welcome, it was my pleasure...
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote