Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Just got back from downtown OKC

Took the wife and kids downtown to check out the festivities. OKC has never has anything even close to this, including Sooner championships. The thing I was most impressed with is the that it is about 100 to 1 Thunder to Heat fans. So glad to see OKC step up in a way we've never seen before and not let the Heat bandwagoners come even close to having a presence. 30 minutes from tip and the arena is packed! Hardly any empty seats, thats a good indicator we're not in Miami.

OKC, the city, has had a great start to an amazing series/event.
catcherball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

IMO...best fans in the NBA vs. the worst fans in the NBA.

One of the reasons I'm rooting for you guys. Go Thunder!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

okay guys. I am thinking of coming down to OKC this weekend. I'm gonna have a backpack on with a basketball, a jersey, a couple cards, and maybe an 8x10.

How in the hell can i meet some players? I've been dreaming about this since I was a little kid (Hakeem Olajuwon, still never met him) and its finally come to the time where I need to just try and do it.

Any tips?
snoozeallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Thunder have some of the best fans...Heat on the other hand, is full on people on the bandwagon.
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozeallday View Post
okay guys. I am thinking of coming down to OKC this weekend. I'm gonna have a backpack on with a basketball, a jersey, a couple cards, and maybe an 8x10.

How in the hell can i meet some players? I've been dreaming about this since I was a little kid (Hakeem Olajuwon, still never met him) and its finally come to the time where I need to just try and do it.

Any tips?
Best advice.....don't try and do it durin the finals. You might be able to run into some celebs outside but thunder and heat are on lockdown for the week
catcherball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozeallday View Post

Any tips?
Hakeem has always been my favorite player. I think he goes to most Rockets home games I bet you could meet him there if you are in the area.
EMD34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Meeting players? Not sure. If you get a ticket and get there when the doors open, you'll be able to get an auto and a quick word in with KD and Nick Collison. Nick Collison has signed every game I've ever been to, and KD signs about 80-90% of the time (including tonight). It's just a matter of timing with him. If he's still out there shooting when the gates open, he'll sign. Harden, Thabo, Perkins, and Fisher are all hit-or-miss. I think Nazr signs a lot, but not sure. I know you didn't ask about autos, but that's literally the only way I know to get that close to those players.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

Best chance definitely would to buy a Playoff ticket ($$$) and once the gates open (4-5 hours before tip off) go to the arena and usually there are Thunder players warming up on the floor. You don't know who's gonna be on the floor though.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP3toOKC View Post
Best chance definitely would to buy a Playoff ticket ($$$) and once the gates open (4-5 hours before tip off) go to the arena and usually there are Thunder players warming up on the floor. You don't know who's gonna be on the floor though.
I'm not sure gates open that early. I know regular opening time is 1.5 hours pre during the regular season, and was 2 hours pre tonight. If you're a season ticket holder, I think you can get in 30 mins to an hour before everyone else, but not sure on the 4-5 hour thing. Maybe you know something I don't.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Well I've been to a terrace seating during one of the regular season games and they have this all you can eat buffet that opens 3 hours before tip-off (7:30pm) up all the way to half time. I assume you can get in earlier than that.
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #11 (permalink)

Thunder have great fans because they have very few Bandwagons atm, everyone hates the heat because everyone bandwagons them, but the Thunder are just so much better than the Heat
Old 06-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcherball View Post
Took the wife and kids downtown to check out the festivities. OKC has never has anything even close to this, including Sooner championships. The thing I was most impressed with is the that it is about 100 to 1 Thunder to Heat fans. So glad to see OKC step up in a way we've never seen before and not let the Heat bandwagoners come even close to having a presence. 30 minutes from tip and the arena is packed! Hardly any empty seats, thats a good indicator we're not in Miami.

OKC, the city, has had a great start to an amazing series/event.
I'm rooting for OKC since the Spurs are out. I hope you all win the Championship so you could experience a real celebration downtown.
slugger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Meeting players? Not sure. If you get a ticket and get there when the doors open, you'll be able to get an auto and a quick word in with KD and Nick Collison. Nick Collison has signed every game I've ever been to, and KD signs about 80-90% of the time (including tonight). It's just a matter of timing with him. If he's still out there shooting when the gates open, he'll sign. Harden, Thabo, Perkins, and Fisher are all hit-or-miss. I think Nazr signs a lot, but not sure. I know you didn't ask about autos, but that's literally the only way I know to get that close to those players.
I went to an OKC game vs the hawks a while back and got Harden, Collison, and Serge. The serge auto did not come out that good because the card was glossy. Perk came out to warm up but ran off like a sucka when it was time for him to sign autos. KD did not come auto for autos the night I was there.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing catcherball. I am glad to hear the Thunder fans are supporting their team like they do. It is nice to see a smaller NBA city do so well.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcwd2000 View Post
Thanks for sharing catcherball. I am glad to hear the Thunder fans are supporting their team like they do. It is nice to see a smaller NBA city do so well.
Reminds me of Sacramento in the early 2000s they had the loudest fans in the game for a while
USAFDODGERS is online now   Reply With Quote