Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

i hope they dont re-sign Iblocka so the Pistons can sign him, Lets go thunder sign harden!!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Like most 6th men, he would probably be overpaid by another team and suck if he leaves OKC

But OKC need to sign Iblocka for sure
Wow, wondering if you even watch the sport?
badbeatkking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

Hey, if they win the championship, why not try to keep everyone together and try to get a dynasty, each player will take less but look at the heat. If they can fit bosh, wade and lebron on one team, they can fit young players of durant westbrook and harden all on one team.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
In a vacuum, I wouldn't even consider trading Ibaka for the #2 pick in this draft, as that would be laughable. The Nets gave up, what, #6 for an expiring Gerald Wallace? If the Bobcats could get more for #2 than Ibaka, they would be moronic not to pursue that all else being equal.

However, Rich Cho is running (until the heavy hand of MJ chooses to get involved) the Bobcats now, and he won't improve the team until he has the right piece or pieces in place. The worst thing you can do is get mediocre fast.

Side note, Ibaka is and has always been on another planet than Biyombo from both a talent and production standpoint. People just draw the comparison and assume they're similar, because they're both from the Congo. Biyombo has never had the ball-handling or shooting ability Ibaka has, and Ibaka is a better shot blocker (although Biyombo actually had a statistically better rookie year blocking shots). Biyombo just rode the Ibaka hype wave.

Serge for the #2 overall pick? Am I missing something? I mean he has good games here and there, but to think you can build a team around him is stand up comedy. If he was a bit more consistent, maybe.
badbeatkking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbeatkking View Post
Serge for the #2 overall pick? Am I missing something? I mean he has good games here and there, but to think you can build a team around him is stand up comedy. If he was a bit more consistent, maybe.
You think you can build a team around anyone available at 2 in this draft? If so, that would be comedy.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
That's more then $95 million - its a sliding scale - its closer to $97 million - and that's with a 70 base that will probably drop. It's also assuming they aren't repeat offenders - that I didn't look into.
I'm aware of how it works. Dollar for dollar for the first 5 million over, 1.5-1 next 5, etc. The 70 million tax line isn't dropping. But even if it does, Durant and Westbrook's contracts are structured as a percentage of the cap. Not a huge deal one way or the other.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
You think you can build a team around anyone available at 2 in this draft? If so, that would be comedy.
MKG could be really good, maybe not build you team around good, but a great second option on a championship team, thats more than you can say for Ibaka.(Not that he is not good, but he is not worth the number 2 overall pick.)
EMD34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #33 (permalink)

I dont think you trade established talent for somewhat who has yet to establish themselves. Simple as that regardless of potential.
boombaby1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #34 (permalink)

I think he comes to Boston to replace Ray Allen.
Hey... it won't happen... but can't a brother dream?

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) .Please give my COMC store a look.
brandonlec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #35 (permalink)

Simple, whoever is willing to pay him the most money. They can't keep both, one or both is gone.
justdagoodstuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdagoodstuff View Post
Simple, whoever is willing to pay him the most money. They can't keep both, one or both is gone.
But the team MUST have a loose 'personal grooming policy'
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #37 (permalink)

Wouldn't mind seeing him in Orlando.
Daddy91409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #38 (permalink)

Can OKC do a sign and trade with either one?

Maybe do a sign and trade with the Hornets for their 10th overall pick, I heard they are shopping for it... This draft is loaded with PF's...

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:46 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Hey, if they win the championship, why not try to keep everyone together and try to get a dynasty, each player will take less but look at the heat. If they can fit bosh, wade and lebron on one team, they can fit young players of durant westbrook and harden all on one team.
In general young guys that are free agents for the 1st time tend to max out all the money they can get.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #40 (permalink)

Charlotte looking to deal No. 2 pick - CBSSports.com
Old 06-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
After seeing that article, I was going to post it because it's mildly funny given the discussion yesterday. There aren't any great prospects available at #2 and I'm sure Cho is looking to move it for max value. You always ask for the moon when you start out in negotiations. Just see the Kendrick Perkins trade where Boston asked for Harden and settled for Green. And it's not like OKC would leak the info if they were considering Harden for #2, especially when the Finals are going on. That had to come from Charlotte (or somewhere else).

So Charlotte can either trade down, trade out of the draft for future picks, or trade for a more established player. I don't see many teams looking to trade up from like #6 to #2 as the players in the 2-8 range all pretty much provide the same value. I don't think they'll trade out completely for future picks as the team was awful last year and I'm not sure the fans would take being the worst and doing nothing to improve. So they're left with trying to add an established piece that can help them build as the most desirable option.