Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Be my guest and compare players out of era then. While your at it tell me how Lebron kobe and Durant would fare playing in the late 80s and early 90s? Im sure they would top guys. While your at it put Wilt and Russell in there as well.

If you want to play what ifs and make up what possibly could have happend and reject reality and actually happend then be my guest.

Fact: MJ didnt play in Wilts era so you cant compare them
Fact: Durant / kobe did not play in MJs era so you cant compare.

Fiction: Trying to figure what kobe / Durant would have done playing in their prime vs MJ in his prime
Fiction: Trying to figure out how MJ in his prime would fare against Russell and Wilt in their prime

Fiction: Trying to take players form yesteryear and put them in present.
Fiction: Trying to take present players and figuring out what they would have done yesterday
I guess you didnt read my last post, and the only one who brought up bill russell was you. Jordan left the league 10 years ago when kobe was at the beginning of his prime..you bring up bill freaking russell?!? that was 50 years ago man..people try and compare kobe lebron durant etc to Mj because they can..Mj was way ahead of his time and thats a fact..if you watched these people play and you know the difference between basketball then and now you would be able to somewhat compare...Magic says MJ is the best of all time & kobe is the best laker of all time, i guess he doesnt watch basketball today, i guess he doesnt have enough creds to make that kind of statement.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
I guess you didnt read my last post, and the only one who brought up bill russell was you. Jordan left the league 10 years ago when kobe was at the beginning of his prime..you bring up bill freaking russell?!? that was 50 years ago man..people try and compare kobe lebron durant etc to Mj because they can..Mj was way ahead of his time and thats a fact..if you watched these people play and you know the difference between basketball then and now you would be able to somewhat compare...Magic says MJ is the best of all time & kobe is the best laker of all time, i guess he doesnt watch basketball today, i guess he doesnt have enough creds to make that kind of statement.
Magic was the best Laker of all time he's not going to say it himself but he was better than Kobe for sure.
EMD34 is online now   Reply With Quote