Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Trade Rumour

Just heard a deal which will send Harden and 28th Pick to Bobcats for the 2nd Pick + unknown player is almost done. Any cred to this?

Obviously being in Australia we don't get the news flow you guys do.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

People taking something Beal said and running wild with it...

Highly unlikely.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Might be a wild rumor but it's been all over twitter with very credible sources
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

here it is....

Thunder have talked about moving up to get Bradley Beal | Daily Thunder.com
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

If I were the Thunder, I would do this...

They will have a replacement in Beal and they wouldn't have to negotiate a big contract with Harden, and they will be able to keep Ibaka...

But Rumors are just that, RUMORS...
So we will wait and see..

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

I dont know why the Bobcats would do it. Harden would almost definitely leave after next year if he goes to the Bobcats.
EMD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
Might be a wild rumor but it's been all over twitter with very credible sources
All that's been said is the Thunder are interested in Beal. I fully understand that for the majority of basketball fans, the natural progression is to assume Harden would be the player going out with Beal coming in. But if you actually think about it, it makes no sense. Why would the Thunder take a step back when they're knocking on the door? They'd be better off riding out the contracts and letting Ibaka walk.

I get that people gravitate towards the sensational, but keep in mind Harden and OKC are in the midst of extension talks. Seems like, "take X or you're on your way to Charlotte" is a pretty good bargaining tactic. But if you believe the Thunder are going to trade a 22 year old SG who just put up one of the most efficient offensive seasons in the history of the NBA and said he's willing to take less to stay in OKC and wouldn't come off the bench for any other team besides OKC for a SG prospect who isn't even as good of a prospect entering the draft just to save $6 million a year for 2-3 years when there are better alternatives out there, then more power to you. The Bobcats are playing for 2-3 years from now and the Thunder are playing for now. It just doesn't make any sense.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

I dont know why they would do it. They found a gem in harden and you have to keep the KD, WBrook, Harden core intact and build around it not take a gamble on an unproven NBA rookie. Sometimes you gotta know who to spend the money on and harden is one of those special players.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
All that's been said is the Thunder are interested in Beal. I fully understand that for the majority of basketball fans, the natural progression is to assume Harden would be the player going out with Beal coming in. But if you actually think about it, it makes no sense. Why would the Thunder take a step back when they're knocking on the door? They'd be better off riding out the contracts and letting Ibaka walk.

I get that people gravitate towards the sensational, but keep in mind Harden and OKC are in the midst of extension talks. Seems like, "take X or you're on your way to Charlotte" is a pretty good bargaining tactic. But if you believe the Thunder are going to trade a 22 year old SG who just put up one of the most efficient offensive seasons in the history of the NBA and said he's willing to take less to stay in OKC and wouldn't come off the bench for any other team besides OKC for a SG prospect who isn't even as good of a prospect entering the draft just to save $6 million a year for 2-3 years when there are better alternatives out there, then more power to you. The Bobcats are playing for 2-3 years from now and the Thunder are playing for now. It just doesn't make any sense.
I agree with 90% of this but if you think Harden was better then Beal coming out of college (college - not now) you're crazy. Beal is the better prospect if you are comparing apples to apples.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thunder would have to seriously consider this imo. I thought it was crazy at first, but Harden and Ibaka are both going to want more $$ and they aren't going to be able to give it to both of them. By getting Beal, they can keep Ibaka and still have some extra room to sign someone else to go along with Beal.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
I agree with 90% of this but if you think Harden was better then Beal coming out of college (college - not now) you're crazy. Beal is the better prospect if you are comparing apples to apples.
From a projection standpoint, Harden is bigger, longer, faster, and stronger. They had comparable verts, but Beal's is one inch better. From a production standpoint, Harden was better across the board in college.

If you think Beal is a better prospect, I think you're crazy lol. Obviously people are going to have different opinions, but Harden wins out in a landslide for me. I think the idea that Harden was a gem in the rough developed as a result of Harden's slow start in his first year and the fact that he comes off the bench in a small market. He got selected ahead of Rubio, Curry, Evans, etc. It's not like he was a late lotto pick. He was #3 in a pretty good draft.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe31 View Post
Thunder would have to seriously consider this imo. I thought it was crazy at first, but Harden and Ibaka are both going to want more $$ and they aren't going to be able to give it to both of them. By getting Beal, they can keep Ibaka and still have some extra room to sign someone else to go along with Beal.
Hmm maybe its just me but its an easy decision to me if I had to choose between harden and Ibaka. Aside from his blocking, everything else he gives you is inconsistent especially deep in the playoffs against the elite teams.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldstar6 View Post
Hmm maybe its just me but its an easy decision to me if I had to choose between harden and Ibaka. Aside from his blocking, everything else he gives you is inconsistent especially deep in the playoffs against the elite teams.
Well yeah, when you think about it that way. But would you rather want just Harden? Or ibaka and Beal? Harden is going to want more money then Ibaka imo so the Thunder wouldn't be able to add anyone else. Plus, I don't think they would be able to move up to #2 giving up Ibaka.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
You're pretty much dead on. Ibaka's two biggest strengths are off-the-ball shot blocking and mid-range jumpshooting. He has terrible hands and a low basketball IQ. How many times did you guys see Battier wide open for three because Ibaka got lost on defense? Or how many times did you see Ibaka go up for an easy alley-oop and decide to just catch the ball, come down with it, and be stuck in traffic? (It happened a lot on both counts) I think the Thunder would be better off selling while his value is high, but if they can somehow get him to take below market value, I'd be fine with it. I like rooting for the guys drafted by the Thunder, but I'm also not naive enough to think it's realistic to keep all of them if they all take at or above market value.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Man, I feel really bad for Harden if this is true!!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Won't happen. Not a chance. The Thunder have much better options when free agency comes around after this season. Yes, Harden will look for about 12-15 mill and Ibaka will look for 8-10 probably. They would only have room to resign one player at this time and many think they should trade the other now. They were 3 games away from a championship and should not break it up by moving 1 of their 4 most important players in Harden or Ibaka. Instead, they wait till after this season or at the trade deadline and move Perkins. Simple solution, a team will obviously take him as he is only due 8 and 9 mill the next 2 seasons. They would have room for Ibaka then and Harden which wants to stay.

James Harden of Oklahoma City Thunder says he expects to sign extension - ESPN
HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Oklahoma City Thunder

Honestly, I think it would be an okay move for the Thunder to get #2 for Harden, but it is way too risky. After getting rid of Perkins, Collison would play that position since he is locked up long term for cheap (2 mill per season). This is a simple solution and Harden will be a restricted free agent when the time comes, so Harden might want to take a little less from OKC to get Ibaka back if there are any problems. Which I don't think there should or would be any if this can be executed. Perkin's value will be a late 1st rounder next year at the deadline depending on his play and team needs for contenders.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Well yeah, when you think about it that way. But would you rather want just Harden? Or ibaka and Beal? Harden is going to want more money then Ibaka imo so the Thunder wouldn't be able to add anyone else. Plus, I don't think they would be able to move up to #2 giving up Ibaka.
The problem I have with incoming rooks is that theyve yet to prove if they can carry over their skills and success from college to the nba level. Also theres the worry of will he click with KD and wbrook and we know harden can pass the ball where as beal lacks that quality. So yea I would keep harden and just find a replacement at least close to par with Ibaka...but Im sure I retain the big 3.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
The problem I have with incoming rooks is that theyve yet to prove if they can carry over their skills and success from college to the nba level. Also theres the worry of will he click with KD and wbrook and we know harden can pass the ball where as beal lacks that quality. So yea I would keep harden and just find a replacement at least close to par with Ibaka...but Im sure I retain the big 3.
I really do like Bradley Beal. You never know what he can turn into, he could be a Daquean Cook.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I get what you're saying. I think the Thunder are kind of disappointed with the way Harden played in the Finals, thats why the rumor may have gotten legs. If Harden leaves though, at least the Thunder would be getting something of good value for him if they trade him, if they don't trade him, they could lose him for nothing. And I agree with Ibaka, I think he is greatly overrated and is only getting the publicity for his insane number of blocks; but thats all he does.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I get what you're saying. I think the Thunder are kind of disappointed with the way Harden played in the Finals, thats why the rumor may have gotten legs. If Harden leaves though, at least the Thunder would be getting something of good value for him if they trade him, if they don't trade him, they could lose him for nothing. And I agree with Ibaka, I think he is greatly overrated and is only getting the publicity for his insane number of blocks; but thats all he does.
What else do you really need him to do?

Id be more pissed at Perkins and his lack of influence on the game when it came crunch time.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heafy83 View Post
What else do you really need him to do?

Id be more pissed at Perkins and his lack of influence on the game when it came crunch time.
Be a better one-on-one defender physically and not just hunt for blocks all the time, be a consistent double digit rebounder, and just be a presence/nuisance underneath the basket on the defensive end.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Be a better one-on-one defender physically and not just hunt for blocks all the time, be a consistent double digit rebounder, and just be a presence/nuisance underneath the basket on the defensive end.
Fair enough and not being in the league for very long I think he will develop that.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 AM   #23 (permalink)

If I were the Bobcats theres not a chance I would make that trade, especially after the performance he put up in the finals. Hes not a primary player, hes more of a secondary player. He would be Robin in the Batman duo lol.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

Man just think the value of Harden cards if he was traded! Hopefully it doesn't happen because I think that would just leave Durant + Westbrook as "friends". I remember pictures + videos of Green/Harden/Durant hanging out together. They traded Green, which leaves Harden (sometimes Maynor).
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #25 (permalink)

Pretty sure the rumor is true..they wont be able to keep both ibaka and harden mostly a money thing and keeping ibaka getting rid of harden for a 2nd pick makes the most sense..beal or gilchrist in my opinion are the top picks this year and i would hate if one of them went to the thunder lol