Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,156
Default Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

just stay confined to this thread when talking about the draft so we dont have to much spamming on the Forums tonight

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider
https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard
https://twitter.com/JayBilas
https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA
here are a few twitter accounts u can follow to stay up on news
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!

Last edited by CALVINXLIONSX81; 06-28-2012 at 11:06 AM.
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
mikestrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 894
Default

According to ESPN the Charlotte Bobcats have 5 offers to trade the 2nd pick. I think the offers are something like this:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick 4 and 24 for Charlotte Bobcats Pick 2
2. Oklahoma Thunder trade James Harden, 28th Pick this year, and future 1st round pick for DeSagna Diop, and 2nd pick this year.
3. Some sort of trade with Houston
4. Lakers trade Pau Gasol and future first round pick for DeSagna Diop, Tyrus Thomas, and #2 pick
5. Not sure about #5

Last edited by mikestrick; 06-28-2012 at 12:13 PM.
mikestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrick View Post
According to ESPN the Charlotte Bobcats have 5 offers to trade the 2nd pick. I think the offers are something like this:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick 4 and 24 for Charlotte Bobcats Pick 2
2. Oklahoma Thunder trade James Harden, 28th Pick this year, and future 1st round pick for DeSagna Diop, and 2nd pick this year.
3. Some sort of trade with Houston
4. Some sort of trade with the Lakers
5. Not sure about #5
Link for number 2?
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
mikestrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
Link for number 2?
I don't know that this is the trade offer for sure just what works money wise but here is a link saying that Oklahoma City wants to move to take Beal.
2012 NBA Draft: Oklahoma City Thunder trading up to take Bradley Beal? - Thunderous Intentions - An Oklahoma City Thunder Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
mikestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrick View Post
I don't know that this is the trade offer for sure just what works money wise but here is a link saying that Oklahoma City wants to move to take Beal.
2012 NBA Draft: Oklahoma City Thunder trading up to take Bradley Beal? - Thunderous Intentions - An Oklahoma City Thunder Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
You must be a Bobcats fan cause there is no way. I doubt Harden is even being offered since they were so close to a championship. Even though there are rumors, most are not true. If that was offered, Charlotte would take it in a second. They would get a piece to build around for about 6 years in Harden since he will be a restricted FA, get 2 first rounders in addition and get rid of Diop and save over 7 mill this season. This is not close to Cleveland's offer since Harden is worth way over the 4th pick and 28 and 24 are close enough. In addition, another first and they get to save money this year. If Harden was offered, I bet OKC would be asking for more in addition to the 2nd pick instead of them including more.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
19royaldecker87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,534
Default

hopefully the nuggets do something impressive
__________________
I COLLECT BRONCOS,NUGGETS,ROCKIES!!!!

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/cardpimp79/FOOTBALL%20AUTOS%20FT/
19royaldecker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 13,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
You must be a Bobcats fan cause there is no way. I doubt Harden is even being offered since they were so close to a championship. Even though there are rumors, most are not true. If that was offered, Charlotte would take it in a second. They would get a piece to build around for about 6 years in Harden since he will be a restricted FA, get 2 first rounders in addition and get rid of Diop and save over 7 mill this season. This is not close to Cleveland's offer since Harden is worth way over the 4th pick and 28 and 24 are close enough. In addition, another first and they get to save money this year. If Harden was offered, I bet OKC would be asking for more in addition to the 2nd pick instead of them including more.
I don't know why you think he's a Bobcats fan just for saying that, but here's an ESPN link about a Harden deal... Honestly, everything we are hearing right now are just rumors lol.
Florida Gators' Bradley Beal -- Oklahoma City Thunder have talked moving up - ESPN
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
I don't know why you think he's a Bobcats fan just for saying that, but here's an ESPN link about a Harden deal... Honestly, everything we are hearing right now are just rumors lol.
Florida Gators' Bradley Beal -- Oklahoma City Thunder have talked moving up - ESPN
I said that jokingly because as a Bobcats fan, that's what he would want.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
mikestrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 894
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
You must be a Bobcats fan cause there is no way. I doubt Harden is even being offered since they were so close to a championship. Even though there are rumors, most are not true. If that was offered, Charlotte would take it in a second. They would get a piece to build around for about 6 years in Harden since he will be a restricted FA, get 2 first rounders in addition and get rid of Diop and save over 7 mill this season. This is not close to Cleveland's offer since Harden is worth way over the 4th pick and 28 and 24 are close enough. In addition, another first and they get to save money this year. If Harden was offered, I bet OKC would be asking for more in addition to the 2nd pick instead of them including more.
I am a Bobcats fan and personally I don't want James Harden. After he disappeared in the Finals, his value isn't as high as it was earlier this season. I'm pretty sure Harden is being offered because they can't afford Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka.
mikestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
mikestrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 894
Default

Houston is offering picks 12, 16, and 18 for #2
Portland if offering picks 6 and 11 for #2

Also hearing rumor that Cleveland if offering picks 4, 24, 33, 34 and Tristan Thompson to New Orleans for #1 pick. I think they could throw in Kyrie Irving and New Orleans still wouldn't accept that offer.
mikestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrick View Post
Houston is offering picks 12, 16, and 18 for #2
Portland if offering picks 6 and 11 for #2

Also hearing rumor that Cleveland if offering picks 4, 24, 33, 34 and Tristan Thompson to New Orleans for #1 pick. I think they could throw in Kyrie Irving and New Orleans still wouldn't accept that offer.
With Irving they would be crazy not to. The pick will be traded to Cleveland and I think Washington is just trying to scare the Bobcats about their pick being traded. They have a plan B and that should be to select MKG. I heard if Cleveland can't get the second pick, they would take MKG or Barnes and then try to trade for another top 10 pick to get Waiters or Ross.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
hotbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 13,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
With Irving they would be crazy not to. The pick will be traded to Cleveland and I think Washington is just trying to scare the Bobcats about their pick being traded. They have a plan B and that should be to select MKG. I heard if Cleveland can't get the second pick, they would take MKG or Barnes and then try to trade for another top 10 pick to get Waiters or Ross.
Yea, any trade involving Kyrie would be a bad idea for the Cavs IMO
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
hotbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Wow, Cavs declined pick 24 and Varejao for pick 7 from GSW. You think the Cavs should counter with 33 and Varejao for 7?
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

https://twitter.com/VinParise/status...75596646989826
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
Um he knows there are other teams ahead of the Bulls right who could just take him and say F the Bulls and what they want right?

What an odd declaration.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,168
Default

I like how the Harden rumor keeps growing (mostly in fans' minds as most reports finish the rumor articles with, "the Thunder are not likely to give up Harden"). Now it's up to Harden and two firsts for Beal... lol.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Bars and Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,823
Default

Kyle Lowry expects to be traded during the draft, Rockets reportedly agree to terms with free agent Goran Dragic | IAMAGM.com

Apparently the Rockets have reached a deal with PG Goran Dragic, and PG Kyle Lowry expects to be traded today.
__________________
http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p60/barsandbar/
I collect Andre Johnson.
Check my COMC account for the lowest prices on top RC's and Auto's! Auto-accept at 5% off asking price.
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Posts: 3,408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
Wow, Cavs declined pick 24 and Varejao for pick 7 from GSW. You think the Cavs should counter with 33 and Varejao for 7?
If the cavs get the seventh pick without giving up 24 and offer no 4 7 24 do you think no takes it??
__________________
Junior at DePaul University!

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
darepublic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New jersey
Posts: 2,077
Default

Varejao isn't even that good
If i was the cavs i would take it
__________________
PC:Tornike shengelia(Nets) and Muhammad Wilkerson(Jets)
darepublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darepublic View Post
Varejao isn't even that good
If i was the cavs i would take it
I was thinking the same thing.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
SelfDestruct808's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 37 14′ 6″ N, 115 48′ 40″ W
Posts: 3,038
Default

I'm a Laker fan so I hope they make that/a move. Time to let Gasol go. But at least he wasn't as big of a baby about almost getting traded like odom. Get a True PG. Or trade Gasol for J smoove
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
If the cavs get the seventh pick without giving up 24 and offer no 4 7 24 do you think no takes it??
The Cavs offered a few hours ago 4, 24, 33, 34 and Thompson for Anthony Davis and were declined. If they added Kyrie, NO would have still declined.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
I like how the Harden rumor keeps growing (mostly in fans' minds as most reports finish the rumor articles with, "the Thunder are not likely to give up Harden"). Now it's up to Harden and two firsts for Beal... lol.
Haha Bobcats fan thinks he can get Harden and 2 firsts for the 2nd. The Bobcats would have to give up 2 and probably 31 to get Harden which I still doubt OKC would take.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfDestruct808 View Post
I'm a Laker fan so I hope they make that/a move. Time to let Gasol go. But at least he wasn't as big of a baby about almost getting traded like odom. Get a True PG. Or trade Gasol for J smoove
They could get Mo Williams for nothing really. It looks like he could be headed to Utah though.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darepublic View Post
Varejao isn't even that good
If i was the cavs i would take it
Varejao is very good, and I think they should stay at 4, and take Barnes or MKG. Then trade Varejao and 33 and/or 34 for pick 7 to select Dion Waiters. Then with the 24th pick you can get Ezeli whom they like to replace Varejao.

Very young, solid future: (Ezeli and/or Waiters probably wouldn't start or that lineup would be way too young at this time; would sign veterans to start)
Kyrie
Waiters
MKG or Barnes
Thompson
Ezeli
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.