Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

just stay confined to this thread when talking about the draft so we dont have to much spamming on the Forums tonight

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider
https://twitter.com/ESPNAndyKatz
https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine
https://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard
https://twitter.com/JayBilas
https://twitter.com/MikeAndMike
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA
here are a few twitter accounts u can follow to stay up on news

Last edited by CALVINXLIONSX81; 06-28-2012 at 11:06 AM.
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

According to ESPN the Charlotte Bobcats have 5 offers to trade the 2nd pick. I think the offers are something like this:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick 4 and 24 for Charlotte Bobcats Pick 2
2. Oklahoma Thunder trade James Harden, 28th Pick this year, and future 1st round pick for DeSagna Diop, and 2nd pick this year.
3. Some sort of trade with Houston
4. Lakers trade Pau Gasol and future first round pick for DeSagna Diop, Tyrus Thomas, and #2 pick
5. Not sure about #5

Last edited by mikestrick; 06-28-2012 at 12:13 PM.
mikestrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrick View Post
According to ESPN the Charlotte Bobcats have 5 offers to trade the 2nd pick. I think the offers are something like this:

1. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick 4 and 24 for Charlotte Bobcats Pick 2
2. Oklahoma Thunder trade James Harden, 28th Pick this year, and future 1st round pick for DeSagna Diop, and 2nd pick this year.
3. Some sort of trade with Houston
4. Some sort of trade with the Lakers
5. Not sure about #5
Link for number 2?
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
Link for number 2?
I don't know that this is the trade offer for sure just what works money wise but here is a link saying that Oklahoma City wants to move to take Beal.
2012 NBA Draft: Oklahoma City Thunder trading up to take Bradley Beal? - Thunderous Intentions - An Oklahoma City Thunder Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Old 06-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't know that this is the trade offer for sure just what works money wise but here is a link saying that Oklahoma City wants to move to take Beal.
2012 NBA Draft: Oklahoma City Thunder trading up to take Bradley Beal? - Thunderous Intentions - An Oklahoma City Thunder Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
You must be a Bobcats fan cause there is no way. I doubt Harden is even being offered since they were so close to a championship. Even though there are rumors, most are not true. If that was offered, Charlotte would take it in a second. They would get a piece to build around for about 6 years in Harden since he will be a restricted FA, get 2 first rounders in addition and get rid of Diop and save over 7 mill this season. This is not close to Cleveland's offer since Harden is worth way over the 4th pick and 28 and 24 are close enough. In addition, another first and they get to save money this year. If Harden was offered, I bet OKC would be asking for more in addition to the 2nd pick instead of them including more.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

hopefully the nuggets do something impressive

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/cardpimp79/FOOTBALL%20AUTOS%20FT/
19royaldecker87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
You must be a Bobcats fan cause there is no way. I doubt Harden is even being offered since they were so close to a championship. Even though there are rumors, most are not true. If that was offered, Charlotte would take it in a second. They would get a piece to build around for about 6 years in Harden since he will be a restricted FA, get 2 first rounders in addition and get rid of Diop and save over 7 mill this season. This is not close to Cleveland's offer since Harden is worth way over the 4th pick and 28 and 24 are close enough. In addition, another first and they get to save money this year. If Harden was offered, I bet OKC would be asking for more in addition to the 2nd pick instead of them including more.
I don't know why you think he's a Bobcats fan just for saying that, but here's an ESPN link about a Harden deal... Honestly, everything we are hearing right now are just rumors lol.
Florida Gators' Bradley Beal -- Oklahoma City Thunder have talked moving up - ESPN
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
I don't know why you think he's a Bobcats fan just for saying that, but here's an ESPN link about a Harden deal... Honestly, everything we are hearing right now are just rumors lol.
Florida Gators' Bradley Beal -- Oklahoma City Thunder have talked moving up - ESPN
I said that jokingly because as a Bobcats fan, that's what he would want.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I am a Bobcats fan and personally I don't want James Harden. After he disappeared in the Finals, his value isn't as high as it was earlier this season. I'm pretty sure Harden is being offered because they can't afford Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Houston is offering picks 12, 16, and 18 for #2
Portland if offering picks 6 and 11 for #2

Also hearing rumor that Cleveland if offering picks 4, 24, 33, 34 and Tristan Thompson to New Orleans for #1 pick. I think they could throw in Kyrie Irving and New Orleans still wouldn't accept that offer.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Houston is offering picks 12, 16, and 18 for #2
Portland if offering picks 6 and 11 for #2

Also hearing rumor that Cleveland if offering picks 4, 24, 33, 34 and Tristan Thompson to New Orleans for #1 pick. I think they could throw in Kyrie Irving and New Orleans still wouldn't accept that offer.
With Irving they would be crazy not to. The pick will be traded to Cleveland and I think Washington is just trying to scare the Bobcats about their pick being traded. They have a plan B and that should be to select MKG. I heard if Cleveland can't get the second pick, they would take MKG or Barnes and then try to trade for another top 10 pick to get Waiters or Ross.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
With Irving they would be crazy not to. The pick will be traded to Cleveland and I think Washington is just trying to scare the Bobcats about their pick being traded. They have a plan B and that should be to select MKG. I heard if Cleveland can't get the second pick, they would take MKG or Barnes and then try to trade for another top 10 pick to get Waiters or Ross.
Yea, any trade involving Kyrie would be a bad idea for the Cavs IMO
Old 06-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Wow, Cavs declined pick 24 and Varejao for pick 7 from GSW. You think the Cavs should counter with 33 and Varejao for 7?
Old 06-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

https://twitter.com/VinParise/status...75596646989826
Old 06-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Um he knows there are other teams ahead of the Bulls right who could just take him and say F the Bulls and what they want right?

What an odd declaration.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

I like how the Harden rumor keeps growing (mostly in fans' minds as most reports finish the rumor articles with, "the Thunder are not likely to give up Harden"). Now it's up to Harden and two firsts for Beal... lol.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #17 (permalink)

Kyle Lowry expects to be traded during the draft, Rockets reportedly agree to terms with free agent Goran Dragic | IAMAGM.com

Apparently the Rockets have reached a deal with PG Goran Dragic, and PG Kyle Lowry expects to be traded today.
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow, Cavs declined pick 24 and Varejao for pick 7 from GSW. You think the Cavs should counter with 33 and Varejao for 7?
If the cavs get the seventh pick without giving up 24 and offer no 4 7 24 do you think no takes it??

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Varejao isn't even that good
If i was the cavs i would take it
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darepublic View Post
I was thinking the same thing.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

I'm a Laker fan so I hope they make that/a move. Time to let Gasol go. But at least he wasn't as big of a baby about almost getting traded like odom. Get a True PG. Or trade Gasol for J smoove
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chansen10 View Post
If the cavs get the seventh pick without giving up 24 and offer no 4 7 24 do you think no takes it??
The Cavs offered a few hours ago 4, 24, 33, 34 and Thompson for Anthony Davis and were declined. If they added Kyrie, NO would have still declined.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
I like how the Harden rumor keeps growing (mostly in fans' minds as most reports finish the rumor articles with, "the Thunder are not likely to give up Harden"). Now it's up to Harden and two firsts for Beal... lol.
Haha Bobcats fan thinks he can get Harden and 2 firsts for the 2nd. The Bobcats would have to give up 2 and probably 31 to get Harden which I still doubt OKC would take.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfDestruct808 View Post
I'm a Laker fan so I hope they make that/a move. Time to let Gasol go. But at least he wasn't as big of a baby about almost getting traded like odom. Get a True PG. Or trade Gasol for J smoove
They could get Mo Williams for nothing really. It looks like he could be headed to Utah though.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darepublic View Post
Varejao is very good, and I think they should stay at 4, and take Barnes or MKG. Then trade Varejao and 33 and/or 34 for pick 7 to select Dion Waiters. Then with the 24th pick you can get Ezeli whom they like to replace Varejao.

Very young, solid future: (Ezeli and/or Waiters probably wouldn't start or that lineup would be way too young at this time; would sign veterans to start)
Kyrie
Waiters
MKG or Barnes
Thompson
Ezeli