Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rockets are reportedly preparing a sign-and-trade offer for Eric Gordon

Rockets Putting Together Package for Eric Gordon | New Orleans Hornets | Hornets247.com

Posted by Michael McNamara June 30, 2012 at 21:16 Central

Full of young assets, the Rockets switch their focus to Eric Gordon

The Houston Rockets have a ton of young assets and some old veterans who are not fascinated about the idea of playing for coach Kevin McHale for another year. I have been told by an extremely reliable source that they are getting packages together to go after some premier names, one of which is Eric Gordon. The Rockets believe that if they attempt to sign Gordon, that the Hornets will simply match, so they are attempting to do a sign and trade instead.

The sign and trade offer will center around Kevin Martin and the Rockets will allow the Hornets to choose either two or three of their young prospects- Jeremy Lamb, Royce White, Patrick Patterson, Terrance Jones, and Donatas Montiejuns. It is no secret that the Hornets targeted Kevin Martin last summer in the original CP3 trade, and Dell Demps has been fond of Montiejunas for some time now. Again, this will be the Rockets starting point- who knows where Dell can take it.
I collect Andre Johnson.
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not gonna matter, Nola will match it. Plus thats a pu pu platter of mediocrity.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Anthony Davis
Austin Rivers
Eric Gordon

over

Anthony Davis
Austin Rivers
Kevin Martin
2 More Rookies
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers
pico04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

if Eric Gordon can stay healthy for one full season, that is the question.
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonfromNC View Post
if Eric Gordon can stay healthy for one full season, that is the question.
If it was anyone other than Kevin Martin, Id say maybe the Rockets package wouldnt be bad but Martin is eh. Gordon, if healthy, is a building block.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=KBergCBS

Rockets plan on keeping Martin.

But I think the Suns are a real sleeper for EG. I think NOLA will match any offer, he is looking for 4 years, $58 mill (max deal). The Suns can afford him easily and he would be a nice fit with Gortat and Kendall Marshall. Also, Gordon's little brother now plays at Arizona State which could factor in.
Jimmer327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=KBergCBS

Rockets plan on keeping Martin.

But I think the Suns are a real sleeper for EG. I think NOLA will match any offer, he is looking for 4 years, $58 mill (max deal). The Suns can afford him easily and he would be a nice fit with Gortat and Kendall Marshall. Also, Gordon's little brother now plays at Arizona State which could factor in.
....................until dork Elvis wants to trade Martin for an upgrade, no way he lasts the year in Houston. Give him a great PG and he might be a star again.

What does Gordons brother in college have to do with what he does in the pros? Absolutely nothing.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
....................until dork Elvis wants to trade Martin for an upgrade, no way he lasts the year in Houston. Give him a great PG and he might be a star again.

What does Gordons brother in college have to do with what he does in the pros? Absolutely nothing.
I'm 99% positive EG will stay in NOLA, but PHX does seem like a great for him. A lot of people do like to be with their family and his brother could live with him. NBA players are people, they are not robots like many of us think they are. They do have feelings, and some do feel more comfortable with relatives and family members nearby. Just ask MoMo Jones, Royce White, etc.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer327 View Post
I'm 99% positive EG will stay in NOLA, but PHX does seem like a great for him. A lot of people do like to be with their family and his brother could live with him. NBA players are people, they are not robots like many of us think they are. They do have feelings, and some do feel more comfortable with relatives and family members nearby. Just ask MoMo Jones, Royce White, etc.
Still has nothing to do with what his college brother is doing. He goes to Phoenix which isnt the best place for his career, to spend what? 2-3 years max with his brother before he bolts too?
Old 07-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Still has nothing to do with what his college brother is doing. He goes to Phoenix which isnt the best place for his career, to spend what? 2-3 years max with his brother before he bolts too?
He is staying at NOLA. He might sigh with PHX, but NOLA will match. That is what I am saying.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #11 (permalink)

Eric Gordon will be meeting with Indiana Pacers on Sunday, and then with the Rockers, Suns, Mavs, and Bobcats later in the week in hopes that one of the teams offer him a 4 year 55 million dollar max contract.

From what I have heard, "EJ" likes New Orleans, but needs to visit these other teams to determine his market value.

I hope he decides to stay with New Orleans. They have a shot at being a VERY good team in the very near future.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Eric Gordon will be meeting with Indiana Pacers on Sunday, and then with the Rockers, Suns, Mavs, and Bobcats later in the week in hopes that one of the teams offer him a 4 year 55 million dollar max contract.

From what I have heard, "EJ" likes New Orleans, but needs to visit these other teams to determine his market value.

I hope he decides to stay with New Orleans. They have a shot at being a VERY good team in the very near future.
He waited in the Clippers and they traded him...

the Hornets can easily trade him in the future to take their team to the next level... I think he should go to Indiana, they are established and are very young as well...

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

i think gordon will stay in NO, although i'd like to see him go to dallas haha

on a rockets note, i just read that houston met with omer asik right at midnight and offered him 8 mil a year. LMAO
Old 07-01-2012, 01:45 AM   #14 (permalink)

The hornets are young enough they don't need more rookies, gordon healthy proved he's a stud
Carolina Panthers
bbplaya11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hope EJ chooses to stay with NO, with anthony davis, they can definitely do well and EJ can actaully score all he wants since Davis is more defensive minded. Don't sell out and go to a team like pacers or rocketsjust cause u'll get more money. I think he can be the star in NO.
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
He waited in the Clippers and they traded him...

the Hornets can easily trade him in the future to take their team to the next level... I think he should go to Indiana, they are established and are very young as well...
the pistons are the youngest team in the NBA so he should come here,
Old 07-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Hope EJ chooses to stay with NO, with anthony davis, they can definitely do well and EJ can actaully score all he wants since Davis is more defensive minded. Don't sell out and go to a team like pacers or rocketsjust cause u'll get more money. I think he can be the star in NO.
He is from Indianapolis. I think that is where he wants to be, but NO will match any offer sheet. If he wants to leave I don't think he will sign a sheet because he would be a UFA next year.
and any Indiana Hoosiers in any sport
marklemerchants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
The Hornets can give him the most money. If they wanted to, they could use their 5 year 80 million dollar max contract on Gordon, but I highly doubt they use it when they have #1 pick Anthony Davis. More realistically, EJ will get a 4 year 55 million dollar max contract from another team, and the Hornets will match it.