Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   paninni basketball ? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/32761-paninni-basketball.html)

mma138 07-10-2009 10:08 PM

paninni basketball ?

so when will we see the sell sheet for this ? or will it be called donruss basketball ?

we keep seeing sheets for upper deck and topps ? i thought they couldnt make basketball cards anymore ?

iluvfish2 07-10-2009 10:13 PM

licenced no. So may be similar to ITG where you see players but not team logos, nba logo's etc

kasl35 07-11-2009 10:02 AM

I found the sell sheet and checklist for 2009 Panini Prestige Basketball.

2009 Sell Sheet
[url]http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/2009_Prestige_PIS.pdf[/url]

Checklist
[url]http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/ss/2009_Panini_Prestige_BK_Checklist.xls[/url]

I noticed that the Upper Deck exclusives (lebron, kobe, ) appear in a few insert sets that contain autograph and game used parallels, I doubt they will end up with autographs but they are listed as possibilities.

Also it looks like the 100 rookie card set is actual just 50 rookies with home and away jersey variations.

u_want_my_cards 07-11-2009 10:50 AM

I actually can not wait for this stuff to come out.

ohiomike 07-11-2009 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=mma138;266709]so when will we see the sell sheet for this ? or will it be called donruss basketball ?

[B]we keep seeing sheets for upper deck and topps ? i thought they couldnt make basketball cards anymore ?[/B][/QUOTE]

The licensing year for the NBA changes sometime later this summer (late August or early September I think). Until then, its still under the 2008-09 agreement where Topps and Upper Deck can release products and Panini can't. Once the that date is passed, then Upper Deck and Topps can no longer produce the cards. I think Topps and Upper Deck would have to get NBA players association license to even make cards of current players without team logos on them (like ITG for hockey). Since I haven't heard of that happening, and the NBA really has no marketable minor leagues (like the unlicensed baseball stuff) I would imagine Topps and Upper Deck aren't making any plans for any fall/winter releases. Although I'm sure Upper Deck will still sell the hell out of LeBron, Jordan, and Kobe memorabilia.

oldgoldy97 07-11-2009 12:49 PM

Hopefully Paninni won't make 70% of their products high end like UD did, which doesn't make much sense to me because basketball is the weakest of the major sports cards.

mma138 07-11-2009 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=oldgoldy97;267022]Hopefully Paninni won't make 70% of their products high end like UD did, which doesn't make much sense to me because basketball is the weakest of the major sports cards.[/QUOTE]

really ? i thoguht it was hockey ?

Highlander23 07-11-2009 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=mma138;267327]really ? i thoguht it was hockey ?[/QUOTE]

I don't know this for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the world market for hockey actually made it bigger than basketball......probably not in the US, but Canada and Europe's hockey interest may put it over. Someone who actually does hockey should probably comment more "officially" though :D

fm8418 07-11-2009 08:19 PM

Hockey has die hard collectors so it usually sells good during the season. Basketball on the other hand, you better get an A level player to make any money

skc444 07-11-2009 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=mma138;267327]really ? i thoguht it was hockey ?[/QUOTE]

Hockey is really popular. Hockey might be up there with football cards.

oldgoldy97 07-11-2009 10:04 PM

You can pull some defenseman with a name you can't even pronounce and then find out some dude collects nothing but his cards who will pay double book on it. On the other hand, some Lebron autos go for around $100, and he's one of the best names in the NBA to get.

GoClips! 07-13-2009 06:14 AM

If anyone can find me a Lebron auto for $100, holler...

nydted1 07-13-2009 11:33 AM

The idea that Basketball and Hockey are the two weakest products for sports cards (of the major 4) isnt all that true. There's actually a lot of demand for both! Oh sure you know the big names in both sports being great for return on sales! But While you might think Hockey is world wide popular, it's not nearly as popular as Basketball.

I sell a lot of basketball and hockey on ebay and I find myself sending most of my Hockey to Canada, USA and a little bit in Europe. Basketball on the other hand... Canada, USA, Europe Australia and even some of the Asian countries like Korea, Taiwan and Japan! Personally I think Basketball is far more popular than Hockey. However, Hockey is certainly on the rise very quickly! The products Hockey has released in the past few months have been top notch and no matter what anyone says, Hockey still has the most colorful and dirty patches out there!