Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Lowry to Toronto - Contest involved

When I heard the Rockets were shopping Lowry, I was praying he would wind up somewhere that could be lucrative for my collection.

I was hoping for any of the following qualities: a playoff team, a big market team, a team with a superstar, a strong defensive team, a team with a shot blocking presence, and the least of my concerns because of the statistical longshot - a team in the US.

With Lowry going to a team that satisfies absolutely 0 of my desires, I'm not very happy (although having a purple Lowry Raptors jersey will be sweet).

Him being in Canada makes selling my cards a logistical nightmare as I'll have to pay out the ass to ship to canada or risk selling with no tracking # and no protection from scammers.

So, whoever can make post something that makes me the most optimistic about Lowry being in Toronto will win a nice little care package from me including a handful of Jordans, a Lowry Auto Rc, a Drose Rc, KLove Rc, and a handful of others.

All Canadians must answer the following skill question correctly to qualify for the contest: 5+9/3=??

The contest ends when someone wins it.

-James
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Lowry will get the playing time he needs to shine in Toronto, considering Bayless might bounce. Toronto has created lots of superstars! Better looking jersey. Might be well received in Toronto. A new player on a new team creates new collectors. You never know, he could become a fan favorite. If the Raps make a run to the playoffs he will be one of the reasons why.
------------------------------------
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry to make you less optimist, but the Raptors don't wear purple jerseys anymore...
Its, Red, Black and White...

Too make you optimistic, the Raptors are a big market. They have many pieces to build around and a way better team then the one in Houston...

They have this C they drafted last year Jonas Valančiūnas coming from Europe and he is very good from what I have seen. They are a young team that now have all the right pieces.

C. Jonas Valančiūnas
PF.Andrea Bargnani
SF. ????
SG. Demar Derozan/ Laundry Fields
PG. Kyle Lowry

They are also loaded with PF's and have Calderon which I can see them trading away for a SF...

They also have Ed Davis my PC player so you are not alone!!!

I think this team will make the playoffs and make some noise, they have all pieces now and are missing a SF which I think they can get by trading Calderon...

Kyle Lowry stats will jump up by having great players around him.

Canada/ Toronto is a big market even tho it might not look like it...
Good luck with your PC, I think his value will go up...
Remember, Young + Athletic = Wins

thats what the Raptors have...

Thanks...

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

With the Beast that is Ed Davis playing at PF off the bench the Raptors will become the new lob city This will increase Lowry's assist tally and he will finally get the recognition he deserves with an all-star spot. He will be proclaimed the next Jeremy Lin and card prices will rise 1000%.

PS I used to PC Ed Davis

PSS Post may contain some sarcasm lol
Old 07-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mail them all to me and I'll ship em out with tracking...
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

You have the untapped ebay.ca market, ALLL to yourself.

If that doesn't help, I'm sure you could accidentally list your Lowry cards in the hockey section
Old 07-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

He didn't go to the Bobcats!

Nuff said! Lol
Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Canadians will overpay for Lowry items because he is the only star on Canada's only team.
I collect Andre Johnson.
Bars and Bar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Well, Lowry will actually shine when they trade for Dwight Howard. Next Kobe/Shaq combo. Keep your head up.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

All Canadians must answer the following skill question correctly to qualify for the contest: 5+9/3=??

haha this was funny... hehe... answer is 8 by the way in case you ask for it haha

First off congrats to you for having a great collection of Kyle Lowry, that guys is amazing...

I fully understand your concern about what happened lately.

But what I would tell you is not on the short term plan of things...Yes it does look bleak short term but in the long run you'll be thankful it happened.

1. Just like when T-Mac was in Toronto, having to go play side by side with Vince, he was not really noticed. The following year he transferred to a not so great team during that time and that was Orlando. He was then able to showcase his talents and really made his mark on the team thus on that year, t-mac's cards skyrocketed. I believe that was the peak of the value of his cards before the injuries.

2. Kyle Lowry is a sick guy...He has talent..this is his showcase...This is his time to shine since nobody in Toronto really would like to act as a star. Lowry could fill those shoes up. If he performs to what we both think he can perform, then he'll shine. Your next payday will then happen once his contract is done with Toronto. He can be a big time Free Agent and thus even adding value to his cards and by that time he already made a name.

3. After it's all said and done whether Toronto will stop his popularity or whatever, you just need to wait until his contract is over..He is still young and a very promising future ahead.

4. When it comes to shipping cards, then simply pay the extra money for tracking. I've been duped before from people in the US too. I'm from Canada and I ship cards there and trust me I also got scammed with people in the US since I didn't place in tracking So the answer there simply add $10 more to ensure your money, You can specify in ebay different shipping to Canada and the US. and trust me when the time he shines, it will not only be people in Canada craving for your collection but the US too..

Good luck to you
my_onni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Damn that skill-testing question...I wish they had taught us math in our schools up here. All of our classes were about being polite, and how to build igloos.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Mail them all to me and I'll ship em out with tracking...
If I ever need to ship some stuff to Canada, I'm hitting you up.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

It's simple: for players like Lowry, it's all about production. If he keeps playing like the stud he was before he got injured, his autos and high end will sell very well.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

he's only 26, there's still time for him to be productive on another team in the future lol...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Toronto actually has put together a pretty good team.

Lowry
DeRozan
Ross
Bargnani
Valanciunus

With a starting 5 like that, they will surely make the playoffs, something the Rockets havent done in 3 years , and playoffs = higher prices, so his cards could sell for more than they ever have in Houston. Also with the Rockets having some of the worst looking jerseys in the league, the Lowry patch cards will certainly improve.

Last edited by EMD34; 07-05-2012 at 08:08 PM.
EMD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

I'm a big TO fan, and it's finally nice to see a quality player coming here to Canada, instead of running away like all the past talent we've lost! Bosh? Gone. VC? Gone. Tmac? Gone. It's tough signing FA's up here, so I've earned a lot of respect for Lowry for doing something that a lot of players won't do! Hopefully this will open the door for future quality players to come here
Yaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

at least he was the most efficent players on the court when healthy... oh wait he was hardly ever healthy and toronto has a terrible history of player injuries LOL. anyways the positive

he will start
he will be the scorer and assist man (bargnani will open up the lane for him)
he will be passing to derozan (up and coming slasher)

and most important you don't have jason kidd as your starting pg for next season (sigh... knicks fan)
Old 07-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennelson55 View Post
at least he was the most efficent players on the court when healthy... oh wait he was hardly ever healthy and toronto has a terrible history of player injuries LOL. anyways the positive

he will start
he will be the scorer and assist man (bargnani will open up the lane for him)
he will be passing to derozan (up and coming slasher)

and most important you don't have jason kidd as your starting pg for next season (sigh... knicks fan)
sorry to sidetrack for a second, but you do realize kidd will be a backup to lin who the knicks WILL match the offer sheet on right?
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

Lol you guys are funny. We might have a few winners...

I hear a lot of "toronto has a good team" but I just don't see it. Then again I don't watch too many Raptors games. I do see there is reason to be optimistic, I just don't feel a playoff-bound season is imminent.

The starting five has two rookies in Ross and Jonas which is never a recipe for success. Derozan is a good player. Bargnani can space the floor and shoot but is the softest 7 footer in the history of 7 footers. Bench looks decent but I just don't see how this team could possibly be any better then the Rockets team that couldn't reach the playoffs. They were both filled with role players except the Rockets role players were better then what Toronto is fielding.

Whats the coach like? What kind of offense do they run? How about their rotations? Are they sound or do they seem idiotic? Can they play defense at all?

Mostly important, do they play hard? If they don't, Lowry is going to be all over them. You won't find a more passionate player. Its all about winning ball games with Kyle.

-James
Always accepting consignments - Top Rated Seller - PM Me!
pastmyshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Damn that skill-testing question...I wish they had taught us math in our schools up here. All of our classes were about being polite, and how to build igloos.
Haha but the igloos are necessary to protect us from the flying hockey pucks
Old 07-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyshades View Post

I hear a lot of "toronto has a good team" but I just don't see it. Then again I don't watch too many Raptors games. I do see there is reason to be optimistic, I just don't feel a playoff-bound season is imminent.

The starting five has two rookies in Ross and Jonas which is never a recipe for success. Derozan is a good player. Bargnani can space the floor and shoot but is the softest 7 footer in the history of 7 footers. Bench looks decent but I just don't see how this team could possibly be any better then the Rockets team that couldn't reach the playoffs. They were both filled with role players except the Rockets role players were better then what Toronto is fielding.

Whats the coach like? What kind of offense do they run? How about their rotations? Are they sound or do they seem idiotic? Can they play defense at all?

Mostly important, do they play hard? If they don't, Lowry is going to be all over them. You won't find a more passionate player. Its all about winning ball games with Kyle.

-James
The Raptors are also in the east making it much easier to get into the playoffs, than the Rockets in the west.
EMD34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

It could be worst.
A. At least he was never charged with murder (Javaris Crittenton)
B. At least he didn't have a devastating injury (Shaun Livingston)
C. When the Raptors do not make the playoffs, the fishing is way better in Canada.
D. When Raptors come to play Lakers, he might get to take part in another 81pt game by Kobe

Seriously though, Lowry is a good talent and you never know what a change in scenery can do for a person. Hopefully he shines and your collection does you good.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastmyshades View Post

-James

Their offense is pretty bad, but I think that was due to them being young.

Their defense is in the middle of the pack in the NBA.

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #24 (permalink)

You can move to Canada now and open a very successful Card Shop...Its a win/win
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
You can move to Canada now and open a very successful Card Shop...Its a win/win
Card stores are doing very bad in Toronto lol. So many have closed down. There's only a handful left.
n1nesports is offline   Reply With Quote