Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Knicks fans so optimistic! Good for them.

To think this team right now is a championship contender is a little too optimistic though...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha there's just too much there. The knicks are not a good team lol...Yeah the current team can't acquire Chris Paul. Trade players to get under the cap and they could. That's an argument for yesterday.
So what the media laughs at the Knicks. Of course they had no chance last year because they lost their starting and 2nd string PG and their startin 2 guard before losing to the eventual champs. It's quite hard to win when riding mike bibby. Main changes from last year are at the pg where they should be improved. Felton loves playing in ny and made amare effective which is why they brought him back. Kidd won a championship a measly 2 years ago w the reigning dpoy Tyson chandler. Camby still got more rebounds per minute than anyone last year and will do it again this year. And oh yeah MIKE DANTONI IS GONE. He was the worst coach ever. And btw has this group ever had a training camp? No. There are plenty of different things from last year.
But seriously my man you worry about the Knicks far too much. Enjoy your celtics while theyre still good and when the Knicks have a better record and go deeper in the playoffs than them this year cards won't be necessary, a simple ' I was wrong ' will suffice.

It's funny, no one is worrying about the Knicks, the question asked IN A KNICKS thread, I responded and you had to defend them like you work for them. I think the proof is out there, look at their roster, their cap space, their draft picks....whatever I say is moot, all you have to do is look at what Carmelo has done over his career (NOTHING), what Mike Woodson has done over his career (NOTHING), the Knicks salary cap situation (LOL) and their future assets (NONE). No need for me to convince you if you cant see for yourself, what everyone else sees.

I love it Mike D'Antoni "Worst coach ever" who had a better record, and has taken teams farther than Mike Woodson, but he was the worst coach ever? Seriously, how blinded by the Knicks are you? Seriously, he was the worst coach ever because he made Jeremy Lin or he took the Suns farther? I mean that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, seriously. Didnt Felton "do well" under D'Antoni? Huh? Hes a terrible coach, but Felton will be the same as he was under D'Antoni even after the disaster he had last year? LOL LOL, looking at only what you want to look at.....again.

Mike D'Antoni....better winning %, took his team farther than Woodson but hes the worst ever? HA!

Also, you told me it was not impossible for the Knicks to get CP3, but today I prove to you it is, and you just dismiss it "Oh that was yesterdays argument"....the Knicks are NEVER getting under the cap with Chandler, Stoudamire, Melo, is that so tough to understand? I Think it is.

Compare Jason Kidd last year from 2010-11:

He missed 14 games (Only missed 2 in 10-11), he played 5 less minutes a game, assists were down, free throws were down, points were down.

Eddy Curry won a title this year, you mean to tell me that matters? Just like what a totally obvious declining Kidd matters what he did 2 years ago? Come on, I dont even think Heat fans would say "HE WON A TITLE 2 YEARS AGO!"....so what if his stats and health are declining HE WON 2 YEARS AGO!

You are never going to listen to everyone about the Knicks flaws, continue to think they are a title contender, insult D'Antoni who made Felton and every team he coached better where as Mike Woodson did nothing for the Hawks, keep ignoring everything and come April when the Knicks lose in 6 in the first round then you can join the others in the CHRIS PAUL IS COMING TO NY IF WE CAN TRADE THE 2022 PICKS AND AMARE group

I miss Heat fans.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

You're a funny dude lol. No sense arguing because you hate them and I like them and we have our opinions. Just wait till they play the games.

Ps you have NO idea about mike d. No idea. Made Jeremy Lin LOL. He never played Lin, had no idea about Lin and then the day before they were going to cut him he put him in as a gesture of good will because it was his last day on the team. He didn't discover him in practice and say hey this kids got it! Let's put him in! No. Couldn't be farther from the truth. You got no idea what youre speaking of bro.

Last edited by Knicker_Please; 07-16-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

looks like msg stock is already suffering from the lack of linsanity:

Monday’s MSG market-cap drop would have paid for Lin contract - The Tell - MarketWatch

on the plus side, maybe this will lead to james dolan curling up in a fetal position and dying a slow death, or shotgun to the mouth.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

^^ As stated before, knicks keeping lin would have paid for his contract multiple-fold over the course of his career. Regardless of what you think of Lin as a player, he is a business marketing dream.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #31 (permalink)

Jeremy who? lol
gonygo is offline   Reply With Quote