Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Who will win a chip first? the NYK or Jeremy Lin

It looks as if Jeremy Lin will play for the Houston Rockets for the next few year. So for the next decade or so, who do you think will have a chance to win the chips first?
The NYK or any team Jeremy Lin will play on.
skycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

the bobcats
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

NYK:
melo, amare, j kidd, felton, iman, chandler, and novak. i see no reason why they can't contend this year if all players are healthy.
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

The Wizards
Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Niether........
pee632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Neither in the next ten years. So pretty much never for Lin, NYK have the better chance, but slim to none...
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well you never know for sure, but after a few years, Lin could join the Heats, Thunders, or a contender teams and might win one with them. Just look at Eddie Curry, or Adam Morrison, they actually won chip!
skycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Both teams are a disaster, neither will win during Lins contract.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hah...Knicks are a disaster...oh Ralpho your disdain for the Knicks is fun
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
Neither in the next ten years. So pretty much never for Lin, NYK have the better chance, but slim to none...
^this^.....

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Well since the Rockets are about to get Dwight, Lin has a much better chance than the Knicks. I dont really think it will happen, but even so, I think Lin has the better chance. The Rockets are more likely to get Dwight and then win it all than the Knicks are to win unless they make some major changes, they are no match for the Heat, Thunder, or even Lakers, as they are currently contructed.

Last edited by EMD34; 07-15-2012 at 11:56 PM.
EMD34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Well, now that Lin is most likely to go to Houston, I might actually root for him.

As for this question, I think it's a push.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Heat still have 7 more to win so - and there's always the chance that Nash + Kobe can squeeze out that last big one.... so, yea, neither in the next 10 years.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #14 (permalink)
mc1

By 2050? The Knicks for sure. I say they win in 30-35 years.
mc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Knicks can win the senior league champ

the circus doesnt have to visit msg its already there
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'll go with Jeremy Lin

But he will be riding the bench when he does...

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Knicks can win the senior league champ

the circus doesnt have to visit msg its already there
What happened to that supreme confidence from last year? No need to jump ship, we'll remember ya did......watch out for the Knicks the next few years. They will show people on the court. And then you'll be back on the bandwagon...there's another team in NYC (kinda) now if you need to switch allegiances..
Old 07-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

When the Knicks show me they can manage a salary cap and not overspend on whims, retain draft picks, and build the right way, then I might think they can win.

The team presently constructed can not win it all, and they do not have the assets to get better.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #19 (permalink)

The problem now is that without lin or any real assets they dont have any player with a bright future and a lot of improvement besides shump
Hate the moves they made because honestly there not beating the heat
They got rid of young assets and people who could improve
Realistically with this roster they can compete but not win a championship
They are a lot better but not in the heats league
I expect they compete though with a very very solid and interesting 8 man rotation if healthy
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
NYK:
melo, amare, j kidd, felton, iman, chandler, and novak. i see no reason why they can't contend this year if all players are healthy.
Probably because they weren't even close to contending last year with essentially the same roster.

Adding Novak doesn't change that.

Kidd is a worthless drunk and Felton isn't any better then just having Lin.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
What happened to that supreme confidence from last year? No need to jump ship, we'll remember ya did......watch out for the Knicks the next few years. They will show people on the court. And then you'll be back on the bandwagon...there's another team in NYC (kinda) now if you need to switch allegiances..
no switching allegiances for me. i'm just gonna stop investing my energy in rooting for a team. knicks fans have been banging their heads against the wall for so long we pretty much have brain damage now. its been a brutal past couple months for sports in general. off i go to the comic section
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
When the Knicks show me they can manage a salary cap and not overspend on whims, retain draft picks, and build the right way, then I might think they can win.

The team presently constructed can not win it all, and they do not have the assets to get better.
Haha yeah right. Knicks could have Jordan, Kareem, Oscar, and 10 more 50 greatest in their prime and still be a 6-8 seed in your mind lol...

I believe this team currently constructed can compete with any team. They will give the heat matchup problems just like the heat have some for them. The heat were trying to get camby to start! He's now the Knicks back up. Lebron can't guard melo and melo can't guard Lebron. Wade and allen who knows what youre gettin next year. If amare can be amare again he's better than bosh and has been historically. Chalmers and cole isn't better than Felton and Kidd. Let's keep in mind that this heat team isn't great, they played no one last year in the playoffs until okc where they got a ridiculously young team who wasn't prepared for the finals. They were 12 minutes away from losing to Boston...now I'll ask you this, who contends w Miami if this knicks team cant? Boston? Indiana?? It's not going to be a one horse race, everyone is just remembering what they did lately...I'll say again they were 12 minutes away from blowing up the team...
It really comes down to if amare can return to form, because if he can they will be contenders in the east. They will be just as good if not better than the celtics. They have the size that the celtics lack and the depth as well.
Knicks will show it on the court this year.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

The Knicks' best chance will come if they can put together a starting five of Frazier, Monroe, DeBusschere, Bradley and Reed.

With their current roster? Not a chance.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Haha yeah right. Knicks could have Jordan, Kareem, Oscar, and 10 more 50 greatest in their prime and still be a 6-8 seed in your mind lol...

I believe this team currently constructed can compete with any team. They will give the heat matchup problems just like the heat have some for them. The heat were trying to get camby to start! He's now the Knicks back up. Lebron can't guard melo and melo can't guard Lebron. Wade and allen who knows what youre gettin next year. If amare can be amare again he's better than bosh and has been historically. Chalmers and cole isn't better than Felton and Kidd. Let's keep in mind that this heat team isn't great, they played no one last year in the playoffs until okc where they got a ridiculously young team who wasn't prepared for the finals. They were 12 minutes away from losing to Boston...now I'll ask you this, who contends w Miami if this knicks team cant? Boston? Indiana?? It's not going to be a one horse race, everyone is just remembering what they did lately...I'll say again they were 12 minutes away from blowing up the team...
It really comes down to if amare can return to form, because if he can they will be contenders in the east. They will be just as good if not better than the celtics. They have the size that the celtics lack and the depth as well.
Knicks will show it on the court this year.
You think its just pure hatred, yet EVERYONE sees the same thing I do. Every national media person is making fun of the Knicks and keeps saying they are a joke right now for how they are handling things. Its not just me, its common sense. Whine what you want.

The Knicks are NOT a title contender, they have NO future once Lin leaves, they have salary cap issues, they have no draft picks, they have no tradable assets, I mean even Howard Beck today said CP3 was not gonna happen:

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT

No. Can't be done. RT @coachthorpe If Knicks pass on Lin, is it because they think they r getting CP3 in a year?

Re CP3 and my response to @coachthorpe: Taxpaying teams like NY can't acquire players via sign-trade starting next July. And no cap room.

So remember when I said it was impossible, and you had to argue with me? Remember that part?

You can not compare the Heat to the Knicks, of course the Heat wanted Camby because he was CHEAP, just because he is backing up for NY doesnt mean hes more valuable than he is (Hes not, hes almost 40)
The Knicks will not give the Heat ANY problems this year, the comparison of the Heat is embarrassing, seriously. You can do better than that. The Heat destroyed the Knicks without Bosh, Jason Kidd/Camby isnt going to do much better. Seriously, I have never seen so much confidence in a team after such LITTLE IMPACT moves

Not even gonna bother with the Celtics comparison because its not even close, and oyu will see. Quoting depth (2 40 year old guys, one who is a drunk, and Steve Novack) LOOK AT THE DEPTH!!!!!

(OLEMGHV BET CARDS BET CARD BETCS ) No I will not, but the point of my post HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CELTICS OR THE HEAT OR ANYONE IT HAD TO DO WITH THE KNICKS! You and others bring up the Celtics thinking it takes away from the matter at hand, and dancing around the point of this thread and my post.....

The Knicks are not a good team, they are not a top team, they can NOT get Chris Paul, they need to roll for the next 3 years with what they have (No draft picks, no cap space) and no they are not better than Philly, Boston, Miami, Indiana or even NJ.

Think what you want, but you are the only one who thinks the Knicks are better than they actually are. They are a joke and its funny to listen to people making fun of them like the good old Isiah days
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

Hahahahahahahahaha there's just too much there. The knicks are not a good team lol...Yeah the current team can't acquire Chris Paul. Trade players to get under the cap and they could. That's an argument for yesterday.
So what the media laughs at the Knicks. Of course they had no chance last year because they lost their starting and 2nd string PG and their startin 2 guard before losing to the eventual champs. It's quite hard to win when riding mike bibby. Main changes from last year are at the pg where they should be improved. Felton loves playing in ny and made amare effective which is why they brought him back. Kidd won a championship a measly 2 years ago w the reigning dpoy Tyson chandler. Camby still got more rebounds per minute than anyone last year and will do it again this year. And oh yeah MIKE DANTONI IS GONE. He was the worst coach ever. And btw has this group ever had a training camp? No. There are plenty of different things from last year.
But seriously my man you worry about the Knicks far too much. Enjoy your celtics while theyre still good and when the Knicks have a better record and go deeper in the playoffs than them this year cards won't be necessary, a simple ' I was wrong ' will suffice.