Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default are basketball card collectors the most "passionate" about the hobby?

compared to the other sports?

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes we are. Because we actually like the sport!

How can you sit about for 3+ hours watching the super exciting baseball? Or guys in tight tights touching each other.... smh

We love it because we actually love the game inside and out imo. I know way to many fake fans of baseball and football who only wanna have super bowl and world series parties.... so this is my opinion on this. The people I know who like basketball are people who have liked it their whole lives just like me. Love everything about it! Playing it, watching it, talking about, collecting the cards and other items... Heck, if we could take it home to meet the parents we would do that too
Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have to say hockey

Looking for Patriot and Angels Superfractors and 1/1s
Especially Vlad and Tom Brady.
Syd12356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd12356 View Post
I have to say hockey
In terms of true love for the sport and everything about it... I would agree with this too. But basketball also

I had friends back in Jr High that were hockey freaks!!! They were savages too, the would beat the **** out of each other playing it... in school, in the park, everywhere! They still love it die hard till this day.

I would put soccer on the list as well...
Old 07-16-2012, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
In terms of true love for the sport and everything about it... I would agree with this too. But basketball also

I had friends back in Jr High that were hockey freaks!!! They were savages too, the would beat the **** out of each other playing it... in school, in the park, everywhere! They still love it die hard till this day.

I would put soccer on the list as well...
Fare enough. I guess I forgot the hobby aspect. I play and absolutely love it. Idk what it is about hockey but you don't really love it or get it unless you play it. I don't really collect it though so your kinda right lol.

Looking for Patriot and Angels Superfractors and 1/1s
Especially Vlad and Tom Brady.
Syd12356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd12356 View Post
Fare enough. I guess I forgot the hobby aspect. I play and absolutely love it. Idk what it is about hockey but you don't really love it or get it unless you play it. I don't really collect it though so your kinda right lol.
I think watching it and playing it is enough... collecting is just another thing to do, but doesn't mean one likes it less because they don't collect. I have friends that LOVE basketball to death just as much as me, no less no more, but they don't collect cards and I do.

Btw, these crazy friends of mine are Irish, so that should explain......... hahaha I would play with them but boy were they savages! I probably have a few broken ribbs still from those days, I know of one broken for sure. But I didn't love hockey, I just played it because my friends did... bought the skates and everything haha

But yeah man, you guys are savages and freaks!!! hahaha in a good way...
Old 07-16-2012, 07:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

I don't know about most passionte, but B-Ball collectors in general have the most $$$Dough$$$....or at least willing to spend the most. This is probably partly due to all the asian and european B-Ball cards fanatics.

Collecting Bulls Players 3 Color GU Patch Cards.
thecomebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecomebacker View Post
I don't know about most passionte, but B-Ball collectors in general have the most $$$Dough$$$....or at least willing to spend the most. This is probably partly due to all the asian and european B-Ball cards fanatics.
This is very true.

I respect baseball collectors because I respect the sport and its history, and because baseball as a sport is as purest and cleanest as it can get. Football not so much.

But if you're talking about passion, as in passion for the game as card collectors, I say basketball is at the top.

While collectors might not be as hardcore fans as football or hockey collectors as they are with their respective NFL and NHL teams, I think that in general the sport of basketball has or does play a large role within the basketball card collecting community. I think that we have the strongest ties to the game of basketball and not just strong ties to a favorite team or player in the NBA.

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecomebacker View Post
...and yet many sellers refuse to sell internationally, thus shooting themselves in the foot.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

I don't think high card values really means people are the most passionate about basketball cards.... you have a few fanatics that drive the big names up is really all it is...... but if you look at baseball, football, alot more of the rookie class and stars are popular in my opinion, baseball guys love to prospect and that makes the cards sell, you have higher values in basketball but all that means is a few people have deep pockets. the overall love of collecting/interest I'd say basketball is lower than baseball/football etc.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #11 (permalink)

See Cuban's comments recently about 'playing the hardest.' This topic is very similar. I don't think any hobby has more passion than another.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote