Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jeremy Lin officially a Houston Rocket

Well, Linsanity is OFFICIALLY over in NYC...

I myself will always remember what he did for the Knicks and how Linsanity was the most Linsane thing I have ever witnessed with my own 2 eyes. I was fortunate enough to get to see all of the games he played at home in person, and it was great for the garden and the Knicks.
There hasn't been a Knick that took it to the Lakers like he did since Walt Clyde Frazier. I went into that game saying that if he could beat kobe and the Lakers IN the garden then he is the truth. I don't care that it was one game, it was an amazing feat to drop 38 on them in the style he did. There hasn't been a Knick that lit up the garden like that since I have had season tickets. The kid is a GAMER and has incredible poise and a knack for the big moment to go with his above average touch at the basket. He WILL be a player in this league, and although he most likely will not be the superstar that he has a small chance of becoming, he will be a quality PG in this league for many years to come. Yes he has things he has to improve on, like turnovers and playing any sort of defense whatsoever, but you can not dismay the fact that he wins and he is an absolute gamer.
It was definitely fun while it lasted, but as I've been preaching, I like the team the knicks have now. If Felton can come in motivated and in shape (which i believe he will do) then its a safe bet that he can put up the same if not better numbers than Lin this year. He will definitely play better defense, and as they say, defense wins championships...
Lin might have made a divide in the locker room and Felton might not have been as motivated knowing he would not be the starter. Felton had a great half (a little over?) a year with Amare and Amare was looking like an MVP candidate while he was there. That with the drunk (to save you all the time lol) J Kidd should make a more than good enough back court. I know many of you will disagree but again this is just my opinion. They just need to pick up a 2 guard or hold ship till shump gets back. I believe the addition of Camby is very underrated. He is still one of the best rebounders in the league. Last year when TC came out of the game there was a significant decline, and that should be cut far down this year. And Camby is a KNICK at heart. He has an actual desire to wear the blue and orange and win for this city. He is a knicks FAN. Kurt is a tough guy who will add much needed toughness that the knicks lacked. Yes they are an old team, but they are also a veteran team who should play the game the right way (insert melo will ruin that comment ______). They all know the objective, and it's not any of their first time at the rodeo. Which is another reason having felton instead of lin could be a better option. He should be a more stable force in the back court. With a full training camp and an actual coach (for those of you who are wondering or wish to debate that - i wont this time - mike diantoni is a horrible coach and you wouldnt know that unless you watch him run your team into the ground) the Knicks should be able to have the much needed cohesion they lacked for most of the year last year.

But alas Linsanity has come to an end - but I will never forget what he did for us! hopefully he gets a nice hand when he comes back to the garden, and not boos. He doesn't deserve that. Jeremy Lin IS and WILL CONTINUE to be the man. I wish him all the best in Houston!!

Jeremy Lin Game Winner @ Toronto Raptors 14/2/12 - YouTube
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

i see now there is another thread on it...but i was typing up this rant whilst that one was being posted lol...long live linsanity!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

i think we should start up a dolan death wish thread. enduring the isiah years was hard enough but this is the nail in the coffin. i will no longer support the knicks until his sorry ass is 6 feet deep.
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Nicely said. Lin provided unforgettable moments for the Knicks. On a side note, "any sort of defense whatsoever"? I know you know better than that.
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupark82 View Post
Nicely said. Lin provided unforgettable moments for the Knicks. On a side note, "any sort of defense whatsoever"? I know you know better than that.
haha thanks...you mean lin plays defense? i don't follow...
Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

James dolan should ban himself from the MSG and the Knicks..
gonygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonygo View Post
haha that'll be the day....
Old 07-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonygo View Post
james dolan should just be dead
ratherunique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
haha thanks...you mean lin plays defense? i don't follow...
Of course. His one-on-one defense needs work, but that's true for most point guards. He does his best work on help defense. When he doubles you, he does it with a purpose and that's where he gets a good chunk of his steals from. He averaged 2 steals as a starter despite rarely gambling on defense, rotates like a mad man (good luck seeing that w/ the current roster of guards), has great timing on taking charges, and doesn't get exposed on switch defense because he can hold ground against bigger players. It's crazy to say he doesn't play defense.
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupark82 View Post
Of course. His one-on-one defense needs work, but that's true for most point guards. He does his best work on help defense. When he doubles you, he does it with a purpose and that's where he gets a good chunk of his steals from. He averaged 2 steals as a starter despite rarely gambling on defense, rotates like a mad man (good luck seeing that w/ the current roster of guards), has great timing on taking charges, and doesn't get exposed on switch defense because he can hold ground against bigger players. It's crazy to say he doesn't play defense.
aight aight, i'll accept that. his one on one defense is preeeetty aweful tho lol...you make some valid points tho. raymond and kidd even being fat and old/drunk play much better 1 on 1 d.