Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrastar View Post
A story? To go with that Kobe auto?

"So there I was in my boxers and wifebeater, hot pocket cooking in the microwave and Judge Judy on the tellie. I was 4 boxes into a 12 box case break when I noticed a Laker logo sticking out from behind a base card of Anderson Varejao... I pulled away the base card and BOOMWAMMYSHAMMY! KOBE STICKER AUTO #/199! sure I burnt the hell out of my hot pocket in the midst of my excitement but I just pulled an ultra rare $90 Kobe auto from my $1500 case break! Yeah!"
bloody funny, mate! seems like we've heard some variation of this story a million times
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

one company having a monopoly on basketball cards is just killing it for me, I don't even like busting basketball anymore I'm strictly football & baseball, the products are just alot more fun.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

I'm usually not a big fan of Panini, and you can say what you will about the value of the cards, but from what I've seen, both Limited and Gold Standard are really nice looking cards.

I know that doesn't always mean high resale value, but speaking strictly on design, I think those two releases are quite nice looking
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

I like the look of the cards better than last year, and their are some cool new cards like the black gold patches. But this price point is absolutely ridiculous. I've seen about 5 or 6 cases opened now and the highest value card is probably a $120 Kobe out of any of them. Expect to lose 65% of your money on a typical break.
lb_sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
I like the look of the cards better than last year, and their are some cool new cards like the black gold patches. But this price point is absolutely ridiculous. I've seen about 5 or 6 cases opened now and the highest value card is probably a $120 Kobe out of any of them. Expect to lose 65% of your money on a typical break.
Honestly, there is more value in a $100 box of Limited compared to $200 Gold Standard. People looking to break cases and flip GS are going to be in a world of hurt (in the pocket and the butt). Overall, I agree, the design and cards are greatly improved, the cost needs to be at $100 per box.
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:31 PM   #31 (permalink)

Just pulled this card. Just now. Its GORGEOUS.
Attached Thumbnails
Gold Standard ...Can you say fail?-kdurant-4color-patch.jpg  
Tony611 is offline   Reply With Quote