Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Interesting...

Everybody knows two things about PWCC -

1) He sells on consignment
2) He gets very high prices

Did you also know, that if you buy a huge card off him -

Auction Item - PWCC Auctions eBay Broker

- you can go back and get him to sell it a few months later!

1997 Flair Showcase Row 3 '09 Buy Back Michael Jordan 1/1 AUTO, NRMT+ (PWCC) | eBay

Now I'm not saying that he's doing anything wrong here, but it doesn't look good that you're selling the same card you have sold before, that you got a pretty high price for, and that the buyer would just happen to go back to get you to sell it for them later...

Plus, feedback was never left for the original sale...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Interesting...
SelfDestruct808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Wow check out the patch on this...

2010 Playoff Contenders Gold Scottie Pippen PATCH AUTO 49/49 #23 BGS Auth (PWCC) | eBay

Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have bought a few things off of them in the past and have paid essentially market value. SPAuthentic recently sold a portion of his collection with great results as well.

My opinion is if there was any shady dealings going down it would have been sniffed out by now. They have a large following and this does draw people to their auctions. That being said, you will not get a deal buying from them.
DrJ Converse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah I did sell off my 50 Greatest Collection and I was very happy with it. Brent was awesome from start to finish with great communication, answering questions (I had plenty), as well as updates. He seemed like a good dude.

I was extremely happy with the results as well. I always assumed large consignment dealers had high ending prices due to the original owners bidding up the auctions. I did not come close to bidding on my own stuff (someone Im sure would have figured it out). I know Knickerplease ended up winning a few of the cards and happy with them.

I know when I saw PWCC had new listings, I searched all the the basketball he had and Im sure Im not the only one.

My own gut feeling is hes legit getting these prices.

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

this is how auction works. when they have huge followers items usually wont be sold cheap. things are DEF sold in their auctions because if they arent who else is going to consign to them? it is a cycle. so i believe most of their prices are real. I really think some of the user on this site are over the top with assuming that every high prices on ebay are being shilled or prices are fake.

for this card, it could be that the last buyer never paid, or he is really in need of money. PLUS who says an auction house or user cant sell the same item more then once?????
aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Spa speaks the truth! Lol...got some sick cards of his thru them some higher then i thought, but a lot lower too...nothing shady going on in my experience
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

So just a question.

As a buyer why pay more/'actual market value' though this then from another reputable selling with 100% feedback and a lot of deals?

Just wondering what the thinking is. I agree that dealing with high quality sellers is great and worth it but when there is more then one why does his cards seem to be 'higher' then others...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ebitz

+1 to murrke03, it is interesting how he will get above market prices with such consistency, I'm not question him as I fully trust spauthentics assessment I guess just questing how he get those prices with such consistency i guess. With that I said I have bought a few cards from his auctions I got what I would consider pretty fair deals so its not 100% but definitely more above market prices than not I would say
Old 08-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

One of my favorite sellers. I bid on so many of his items. He definitely hooks me into items I normally wouldn't search for. He emails me every auction period. He definitely is the market leader in that niche.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Now I'm not saying that he's doing anything wrong here, but it doesn't look good that you're selling the same card you have sold before, that you got a pretty high price for, and that the buyer would just happen to go back to get you to sell it for them later...

Plus, feedback was never left for the original sale...
Just saying... PWCC state this in current 1997 Flair Showcase Row 3 '09 Buy Back Michael Jordan 1/1 auction:

"Note: this has been relisted from our April auction due to a non-paying bidder. Beautiful 1/1 Jordan auto, penned in silver paint pen. Among the most attractive Jordan auto's we've ever seen. Shows like a MINT card but has a bump to the upper right rending it NRMT/NRMT+. Includes the Fleer BuyBack COA card which is extremely important. One of over 2000 graded cards, lots, and sets up for bid in our April auction. Click on the link above to view the other PWCC auction lots."
T3sT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sT View Post
Just saying... PWCC state this in current 1997 Flair Showcase Row 3 '09 Buy Back Michael Jordan 1/1 auction:

"Note: this has been relisted from our April auction due to a non-paying bidder. Beautiful 1/1 Jordan auto, penned in silver paint pen. Among the most attractive Jordan auto's we've ever seen. Shows like a MINT card but has a bump to the upper right rending it NRMT/NRMT+. Includes the Fleer BuyBack COA card which is extremely important. One of over 2000 graded cards, lots, and sets up for bid in our April auction. Click on the link above to view the other PWCC auction lots."
Pretty sure that note wasn't there when it was first up...
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

I believe another reason they get more bidders (higher prices) might be that they are pretty accurate with their description of their card's condition. I know many so called "reputable" dealers who listed all their cards as nrmt-mt, but many are not even close to that condition. With PWCC at least you pretty much know what you are getting (if card is ungraded). Personally, i don't buy much from them because their prices are too high for me, but I know people who "prefers" their auction even if prices are above typical market value.

Collecting Bulls Players 3 Color GU Patch Cards.
thecomebacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

so wait it took 4 months to relist for a non-paying bidder?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecomebacker View Post
I believe another reason they get more bidders (higher prices) might be that they are pretty accurate with their description of their card's condition. I know many so called "reputable" dealers who listed all their cards as nrmt-mt, but many are not even close to that condition. With PWCC at least you pretty much know what you are getting (if card is ungraded). Personally, i don't buy much from them because their prices are too high for me, but I know people who "prefers" their auction even if prices are above typical market value.
do you know why they "prefer" even at higher price?

just wondering about the psychology behind it.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

I've noticed this with their auction as well, It seems as most of their High Ends sell at least couple hundred more compared to other auctions.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
do you know why they "prefer" even at higher price?

just wondering about the psychology behind it.
They told me that they know exactly what they are getting from the photos and description of PWCC auction. But for other sellers (even ones with high feedbacks), many claim certain conditions for certain cards, but they end up not being close to that condition. So they don't mind pay a bit higher to get the card they want in certain condtion thats listed in the auction. Of course if PWCC auction is double the $$$ of others, they would rather just buy graded, but if its 5-15% over market price, they are OK with it.

Collecting Bulls Players 3 Color GU Patch Cards.
thecomebacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Bidding Details

Items bid on: 52
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 94%

Yeah seems legit to me

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

Also rather than just blanketing them as a shiller, they're a consignor... so the owner of the cards (and his mates) would be the ones shilling it - therefore the bid percentages would likely be low.
Not saying this is definitely happening, just an explanation as to why it wouldn't be obvious if it was...
Old 08-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

We just issued a response to another post which suggested impropriety with our auction house. This thread here is significantly more considerate and I thank those users who've posted for being constructive in their comments.

We usually refrain from interjecting in these forums because we believe that they provide just the kind of check-and-balance that the hobby needs. When the discussion moves towards accusation, I do feel inclined to set the record straight.

In this case, the following item was sold in our April 2012 auction and was returned by the high bidder:
1997 Flair Showcase Row 3 '09 Buy Back Michael Jordan 1/1 AUTO, NRMT+ (PWCC)
This item was returned because the buyer didn't read our title or description where we stated the card to be NRMT+ (I guess he thought the card was MINT... I don't know). When an item is returned, we have to relist it in the next auction or return it to the consignor. In this case, the consignor elected to have the item relisted.

What I appreciate most about this post is that it's raised a flag for future auctions. When we relist an item, we will be more disciplined in stating the card as being a relist. We already do this somewhat but it's not a rule and many items miss getting this label. I understand how this could be confusing to bidders and we'll work harder in the future.

These message boards (when the comments are constructive) are extremely important. Thanks to all who help police the hobby. I ask that folks please contact me directly if any future issues are encountered. Nobody cares more about the integrity of our auctions than I.

Brent Huigens
PWCC Auctions
brent@pwccauctions.com
805-440-8903
PWCC Auctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Interesting...

Haha
Old 08-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

The head honcho HAVE ARRIVED.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Cut and paste response for two threads LOL.

Everyone had realised if you have been in this game long enough most consignment sellers have these anomalies all over there sales .

No matter how good they say they monitor it is so easy to make 10 + accounts and go to town on the auctions it's not brain science .

Remember Wolverine?

Last edited by nissandriver77; 08-13-2012 at 11:18 PM.
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

The small town in Calumet, Coladado remembers the Wolverines.