Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #76 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
yea exquisites have no value and are faked. coming from the guy who bought an exquisite for $3200 and wouldn't sell it FOR $7k A FEW MONTHS LATER!!

you sold all your MJ exquisite very early and are eternally pissed because of it. i have NEVER sold a MJ Exquisite patch auto except for ONE mj/lbj dual # pieces. i am not the one trying to cash in. you tried and failed and will talk down about exquisites forever because of it..
Are you serious? LOL

Because you offer me double the price on a card I own, I should take it immediately? That shows you right there I am not in it to make a buck.

I dont even care what I sold my exquisites for, its not a big loss to me, you probably regret my sales more than I do.

Heck the only card I ever regret selling was the Jordan Number Pieces I pulled from exquisite, it was my first jordan pull ever and I stupidly flipped it (But I know who owns it and its still with him). Thats about it.

I put more into my other collections than cards.

Now stop losing sleep over what I sold my cards for, I dont

Oh on a side note, I did drop over 14k on an exquisite card recently , still think 75% are pumped up though
Old 08-24-2012, 02:56 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Are you serious? LOL

Because you offer me double the price on a card I own, I should take it immediately? That shows you right there I am not in it to make a buck.

I dont even care what I sold my exquisites for, its not a big loss to me, you probably regret my sales more than I do.

Heck the only card I ever regret selling was the Jordan Number Pieces I pulled from exquisite, it was my first jordan pull ever and I stupidly flipped it (But I know who owns it and its still with him). Thats about it.

I put more into my other collections than cards.

Now stop losing sleep over what I sold my cards for, I dont

Oh on a side note, I did drop over 14k on an exquisite card recently , still think 75% are pumped up though
end of conversation. this made me laugh....
Old 08-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #78 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
end of conversation. this made me laugh....
Which is why I said 75% of the market is fake :-)

The card was never on ebay :-) so I didnt have to compete with someone bidding me up to publicly show what an item sold for

Ok let me get back to work, thanks for the discussion
Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Which is why I said 75% of the market is fake :-)

The card was never on ebay :-) so I didnt have to compete with someone bidding me up to publicly show what an item sold for

Ok let me get back to work, thanks for the discussion
hahaha....thanks man, you proved my point better then I ever could have
Old 08-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #80 (permalink)

I want one of the non-USA versions. Hopefully the flames die down in a few months.

The rest of you sure like sword fighting. I returned to collecting the week Exquisite 03-04 came out. If you had only seen the prices. You would have commit suicide. Cases were going unsold on eBay for $1200.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #81 (permalink)

lololololol
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
wtf, i know there are only 24 of these, but black mamba inscription autos from national treasures dont sell for that much??????
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you know why he signed USA on the cards? Think before you talk
you mean "think before you write." and i'm the one who needs to think more? sure thing, genius. good luck with the hype
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I want one of the non-USA versions. Hopefully the flames die down in a few months.
i'd prefer a non-usa one, too. the inscription seems a bit out of place on a lakers card. a better inscription would have been "wilt's next!"
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
well according to Tristan's infinite wisdom, any auction that is bid up high in the beginning or middle is being shilled. wait, but this is a card he owns, so he chooses to stay mum this time....hmm....
lol mate. priceless!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #86 (permalink)

i think its reasonable for the 10/149 to carry a premium, considering he inscribed it for the olympics and his olympic number is 10, now imagine what these things would be going for if the inscribed ones did have him in an olympic jersey.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #87 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
Holy ish....that is absolutely crazy. I figured theyd be 800ish range.
You were over estimating at $800 in my opinion. I could have bought two of them on ebay and passed on them right when they were listed. I figured $300 at most.

Does the inscription USA make this card special? I think not. There are another 125 of them that look exactly the same with no inscription.

There are a lot of idiots in this hobby. I would bet none of them will get their money back in the future for them. They mind as well have used that money to go on vacation, because it just disappeared.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
i think its reasonable for the 10/149 to carry a premium, considering he inscribed it for the olympics and his olympic number is 10, now imagine what these things would be going for if the inscribed ones did have him in an olympic jersey.
it may bring a premium, i don't know. i think 10 is a good number to get with the usa inscription. but it's just hype to say these are olympic cards. if kobe inscribed "lower merion", it would not make it a high school card either. not even if you pulled #33.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
Does the inscription USA make this card special? I think not. There are another 125 of them that look exactly the same with no inscription.
have to agree with this
Old 08-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #90 (permalink)

Just came in today. I can chime in and confirm, we agree to a deal after the 800 sale for 8/149, and it's great communication and very straightforward to reach a deal. Tristan20 asked for reasonable price which is below all the going rate on ebay of actual redeemed cards so far, and he cared to put this card into a collector's hands. I very much appreciate it and definitely hope to deal again in the future. Thanks man.

Quote:
I already sold mines, for much less, even after someone sold one for $900, you should know when you deal with me I don't sell stuff at the fake ebay market rate. I sell what is a reasonable price.

The buyer of my card is very happy, if he ever wants to reveal his purchase that's up to him. Would I like to get $1500? Sure, but so what? I am not a greedy card hustler.

I don't get why are you concerned with what I sell and buy? Green eyed monster rearing its head?

Because most exquisites are shilled? You keep turning a blind eye to it.
Trust me they are, I own some and I don't care if they are or aren't it doesn't affect me. I am not in it to make a buck.
At least I dont have to go to a bank to see my collection.

Want more proof?

2006/07 EXQUISITE MICHAEL JORDAN DUAL PATCH AUTO #/15 BOTH 3 COLOR UPPER DECK !! | eBay

2006/07 EXQUISITE MICHAEL JORDAN DUAL PATCH AUTO #/15 BOTH 3 COLOR UPPER DECK !! | eBay

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #91 (permalink)

This card is HOT! The prices are crazy! So naturally you're going to have the haters come in a talk trash, because they're affraid their precious cards will lose the fake hype.... Panini is in! Deal with it and get over it. Cards you paid $1,000's of for will go down because they can make a card numbered to 25 and under with a "sick" patch any day of the week............ lol Because you think a certain name brand makes a difference doesn't mean a thing, history will repeat itself like it always does, and at the end of the day a card with a "sick" patch in it is just as good as any other, weather it comes from a $500 product, or a $50 product. Get over it!

Panini is getting the damn thing DONE! and they're just starting.... they're making me like cards again, and of newer guys too. Before with Topps and UD i'd just stick with Legends/HOFers, but now i've been into the newer guys, and simply because I love certain designs so much! That's gotta count for something, and it's gotta tell you that Panini is definitely in the right direction and only going to get better. So you morons keep hating, but at the end of the day you will see what happens in our hobby soon enough.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:29 AM   #92 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Panini is in! Deal with it and get over it. Cards you paid $1,000's of for will go down because they can make a card numbered to 25 and under with a "sick" patch any day of the week............ lol
Really? So a few people highly over pay for this cheap looking card, and all of the sudden every other high dollar card from the past is now going to decline in value? You really prove your stupidity on a daily basis here.

Quote:
Panini is getting the damn thing DONE! and they're just starting.... they're making me like cards again, and of newer guys too. Before with Topps and UD i'd just stick with Legends/HOFers, but now i've been into the newer guys, and simply because I love certain designs so much! That's gotta count for something, and it's gotta tell you that Panini is definitely in the right direction and only going to get better. So you morons keep hating, but at the end of the day you will see what happens in our hobby soon enough.
It does count for something. It shows us all that you have very cheap tastes, and don't recognize class when you see it. I would bet you drive a base model Chrysler 300 that sits on 30" rims that you park at your apartment complex in the ghetto. High class.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:51 AM   #93 (permalink)

DAMN!!!!

KOBE BRYANT AUTO USA 2011/12 PANINI GOLD STANDARD SUPERSCRIBE #''d 005/149 | eBay

$1,500.00+ and it doesn't even have a patch on it..... lol Nice!

The design is AMAZING! Panini getting it done once again!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
DAMN!!!!

KOBE BRYANT AUTO USA 2011/12 PANINI GOLD STANDARD SUPERSCRIBE #''d 005/149 | eBay

As soon as that card is relisted, I am going to go off on every thread on this forum stating how all Gold Standard cards are shilled, similar to what you have been doing with Exquisites.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
Just came in today. I can chime in and confirm, we agree to a deal after the 800 sale for 8/149, and it's great communication and very straightforward to reach a deal. Tristan20 asked for reasonable price which is below all the going rate on ebay of actual redeemed cards so far, and he cared to put this card into a collector's hands. I very much appreciate it and definitely hope to deal again in the future. Thanks man.
That's awesome, big props to Tristan! He's always a stand up guy and need more people like him in this hobby. Enjoy the beautiful card Spinotron, it definitely fits nicely in your collection.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:13 AM   #96 (permalink)

I seriously hope these people paying such ridiculous prices for these are doing so for love of the cards, not with the intent to flip/profit from.
$1500 for an average-looking auto numbered to 149 (albeit only the first however many inscribed) is just absurd. Especially from a product like this. Kobe Exquisite autos numbered out of 24 don't sell for that much! And they're a) from a box worth 3x more and b) look much better.
Madness, simply madness.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:41 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
Really? So a few people highly over pay for this cheap looking card, and all of the sudden every other high dollar card from the past is now going to decline in value? You really prove your stupidity on a daily basis here.

It does count for something. It shows us all that you have very cheap tastes, and don't recognize class when you see it. I would bet you drive a base model Chrysler 300 that sits on 30" rims that you park at your apartment complex in the ghetto. High class.
Just so I have an understanding, if you like Panini you are of lower status. Yet if like Upper Deck, you are of the highest possible status. Am I getting this right?
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
DAMN!!!!

LOL, you're a tripp.
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #99 (permalink)
Banned

That sale was just ridiculous.....and most likely faked.

Last edited by smoothfidelity; 08-28-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #100 (permalink)

Guys,
I think someone can just "add" USA to the card and boost the selling price?
How can you tell ?
yaoming is offline   Reply With Quote