Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Kobe Bryant Superscribe auto gold standard

Does panini ever mess up there checklist it says there are /149 could this be possible with only one being listed to date
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Does panini ever mess up there checklist it says there are /149 could this be possible with only one being listed to date

Sales of Gold Standard was somehow strong during pre-sell and during the first couple of weeks the products were launched. Unfortunately sales dropped big time when a lot of the solid gold redemptions were already pulled and at the same time the monetary return of a box is not really worth it for the current price thus leading to some cards not being pulled yet.

If the prices of the box drop then sales pick up, trust me, there will be a wave of this Kobe superscribe autos
my_onni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
I have seen at least 3 listed on ebay since.

I think more have been pulled but people are actually redeeming them hoping for one of the first 24 that are inscribed "USA".
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
I have seen at least 3 listed on ebay since.

I think more have been pulled but people are actually redeeming them hoping for one of the first 24 that are inscribed "USA".
I think smooth is right on this one.
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Its amazing how shady Panini is, they had a huge article on their blog with pics showing Kobe signing all the cards. They said they would be immediately available for those that redeem it. This was in a LAS VEGAS hotel room, yet panini cant seem to get them in as yet. I redeemed mines a few days after GS was released, I bought the first one that was on ebay.

I went on twitter and messaged the Panini GM and he replied they are still awaiting them. How in the world can you get pics of the signing in a local hotel room, yet have to wait for them over 1 month later?

The funny thing is, Panini has still removed that article from their blog, talk about shady business.

The original article was here

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2...usa-signing-6/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Panini...24810610903661

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/

Last edited by tristan20; 08-08-2012 at 08:36 PM.
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post

The funny thing is, Panini has still removed that article from their blog, talk about shady business.
I noticed that they removed that article as well. My belief is that they removed the article because everyone and their mothers were calling customer service asking to get a "USA" inscribed version right after submitting their redemptions.

These cards aren't very special in my eyes to begin with. Is Kobe writing "USA" on a poorly designed cheap feeling card /149 really worth getting your panties in a bunch over?
Old 08-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm still waiting on my Past and Present Kobe auto. Redeemed on the launch date and still nothing..
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
I'm still waiting on my Past and Present Kobe auto. Redeemed on the launch date and still nothing..
Call them or it will be another year. They sit on stuff forever even though it's live.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I noticed that they removed that article as well. My belief is that they removed the article because everyone and their mothers were calling customer service asking to get a "USA" inscribed version right after submitting their redemptions.

These cards aren't very special in my eyes to begin with. Is Kobe writing "USA" on a poorly designed cheap feeling card /149 really worth getting your panties in a bunch over?
Fact is, it shows how unorganized Panini is as a company. Its obvious they cannot handle the business. How in the hell can anyone complete a set when Panini doesn't even commit to their redemptions until you call them out.

On twitter, they have so many people asking about their redemptions, and it only ships when the people called them

Old 08-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

spoke to David at Panini today and he said these cards hit his desk today and will start going out tomorroew FYI.....He said the inscription cards will go out in the order the redemption were fulfilled
kobe824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe824 View Post
spoke to David at Panini today and he said these cards hit his desk today and will start going out tomorroew FYI.....He said the inscription cards will go out in the order the redemption were fulfilled
So another 2 months I guess?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I hope this is true cuz I redeemed mine a day after it came out.
rice71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

I love the Superscribe set from this year's GS; the cards look incredible in-person.

Good luck on winding up with an inscribed version, tristan20.
Real RocknRolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real RocknRolla View Post
I love the Superscribe set from this year's GS; the cards look incredible in-person.

Good luck on winding up with an inscribed version, tristan20.
They look cheap in person.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Whats new?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
That's your opinion. I'm quite pleased with the ones I have. Thick card stock, clean design, on-card auto, and the metallic-y finish is a nice touch.
Real RocknRolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #17 (permalink)

I have yet to see one in person (mine was a redemption) but the photos look great to me but just my opinion
Old 08-10-2012, 12:46 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Fact is, it shows how unorganized Panini is as a company. Its obvious they cannot handle the business. How in the hell can anyone complete a set when Panini doesn't even commit to their redemptions until you call them out.

On twitter, they have so many people asking about their redemptions, and it only ships when the people called them
Fact is, you have no clue what your talking about.

I'll say one word: David

When everybody does get there Kobe Bryant's within the next 2 weeks and not the "2 months" you all claim, you can say I told you so.

I could also elaborate on how they have improved %1000 on redemption's since David was hired last month, Do you even understand the magnitude of the mess he is still cleaning up? I would honestly bet my house you couldn't ever do as good a job as he is doing there right now.

The guy answers e-mails about redemptions at 11p.m. EST. sometimes and EVERY single person that has dealt with him to fix there OLD problems has had nothing but amazing things to say about the new redemption system.

Have a little patience while he still cleans up 3 years of a completely destroyed department.

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos

Last edited by FreeFlow; 08-10-2012 at 12:50 AM.
FreeFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:48 AM   #19 (permalink)

I was very impressed with David's response time on my emails today. By far the most positive communication I have had with that company. 100x better than Theresa
Old 08-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real RocknRolla View Post
That's your opinion. I'm quite pleased with the ones I have. Thick card stock, clean design, on-card auto, and the metallic-y finish is a nice touch.
I see them as having a super light cheap feel, no foil at all, no variation in texture, simple glossy card with no dimension that refracts light.

When I saw the first picture of these cards, I thought that maybe, just maybe, I would buy a Kobe. Then I saw more pictures and got a few from a group break and it was the same old Panini junk....in my opinion of course.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFlow View Post

When everybody does get there Kobe Bryant's within the next 2 weeks and not the "2 months" you all claim, you can say I told you so.

I could also elaborate on how they have improved %1000 on redemption's since David was hired last month, Do you even understand the magnitude of the mess he is still cleaning up?
I take it he was tooting his own horn to you on the phone as he has done with me a few times. You drank his Panini Tooting Juice.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

I could also elaborate on how they have improved %1000 on redemption's since David was hired last month, Do you even understand the magnitude of the mess he is still cleaning up? I would honestly bet my house you couldn't ever do as good a job as he is doing there right now.

The guy answers e-mails about redemptions at 11p.m. EST. sometimes and EVERY single person that has dealt with him to fix there OLD problems has had nothing but amazing things to say about the new redemption system.

Have a little patience while he still cleans up 3 years of a completely destroyed department.

Make me a believer, 3 years of this mess and I am to think that David is the messiah of redemptions?

Seeing is believing, I will post as soon as I get mines.

The clock starts now

Old 08-10-2012, 01:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I could also elaborate on how they have improved %1000 on redemption's since David was hired last month
He has been there a lot longer than a month. I dealt with him at least 5 months ago. It seems that he is trying to fix peoples problems while tooting his own horn. A smart man would fix the deficiency that is causing the problems. IE - their slow and incompetent customer service employees.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #24 (permalink)

Mine just got update with tracking number
Old 08-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Mine just got update with tracking number
Same here, got the email, then check account, posted with tracking #.
rice71 is offline   Reply With Quote