Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #76 (permalink)

Putting PWCC in the title is nothing like putting Jordan non-auto. The point of Non-Auto is to appear in a search for Jordan Auto. PWCC in the title is not going to deceive buyers in anyway or manipulate searches. It's in the title in case someone is searching 1955 Jackie Robinson and while scrolling they notice the PWCC. This makes it easier for a buyer to find a well known seller w/o having to click on the item.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #77 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Putting PWCC in the title is nothing like putting Jordan non-auto. The point of Non-Auto is to appear in a search for Jordan Auto. PWCC in the title is not going to deceive buyers in anyway or manipulate searches. It's in the title in case someone is searching 1955 Jackie Robinson and while scrolling they notice the PWCC. This makes it easier for a buyer to find a well known seller w/o having to click on the item.
Is this what eBay titles are for? To advertise your listings?

If a buyer wants to search a specific seller eBay has giving them multiple ways to do so.

Like I said it just seems a little in bad taste in my opinion.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Is this what eBay titles are for? To advertise your listings?

If a buyer wants to search a specific seller eBay has giving them multiple ways to do so.

Like I said it just seems a little in bad taste in my opinion.
Why does it give you a bad taste? It isn't manipulating search results. If I was as big as PWCC, I'd do the same thing.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #79 (permalink)

I think i'm going to start selling cards on ebay and including "PWCC" in my titles so I can get more money for all my auctions.... PWCC for my listings = Pleasure Welcoming Card Collectors

Not bad at all.... I'll add (PWCC) in my titles and a nice saying to explain what the letters mean in the item descritpion! Very nice
Old 08-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Why does it give you a bad taste? It isn't manipulating search results. If I was as big as PWCC, I'd do the same thing.
Lol
It's arrogant. It's hey look at me I'm advertising my cards through the eBay title which isn't the purpose of the title.

It's not the same thing but similar to the non auto tag.

I would love to see how ppl respond if random people started doing thi or even using PWCC as mentioned above. Technically that would be no more wrong.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I think i'm going to start selling cards on ebay and including "PWCC" in my titles so I can get more money for all my auctions.... PWCC for my listings = Pleasure Welcoming Card Collectors

Not bad at all.... I'll add (PWCC) in my titles and a nice saying to explain what the letters mean in the item descritpion! Very nice
My point exactly.

But I guarantee someone would come on and call that person out.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
My point exactly.

I say we start a thread titled, how many different sayings can be made up on the four letters, PWCC?

We can all use these four letters in our ebay titles, but they all must be different sayings.... haha maybe we'll get more bids with those four magical letters? I don't think so
Old 08-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol
It's arrogant. It's hey look at me I'm advertising my cards through the eBay title which isn't the purpose of the title.

It's not the same thing but similar to the non auto tag.

I would love to see how ppl respond if random people started doing thi or even using PWCC as mentioned above. Technically that would be no more wrong.
PWCC has established themselves as one of the better know consignment sellers on ebay. They have built a solid reputation in many peoples eyes. Someone who is not PWCC that uses PWCC in their title would be deceiving buyers, just like "non-auto" manipulates a search. In no way does PWCC adding "PWCC" to their title manipulate a search, which is why I don't have an issue with it.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
My point exactly.

That is the same as Non-Auto. Trying to represent your cards as someone elses is not right. That would be like me adding UDA to my searches when my items have nothing to do with upper Deck Authenticated.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
That is the same as Non-Auto. Trying to represent your cards as someone elses is not right. That would be like me adding UDA to my searches when my items have nothing to do with upper Deck Authenticated.
But "UDA" is widely known.............. PWCC? That could stand for anything! Just saying....
Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 PM   #86 (permalink)

having PWCC in the title is totally fine. i like it actually and has helped me get some cards that i might not otherwise have found. for example - i always search for walt frazier cards. one day i searched and saw one that i wouldn't have clicked on because i already had it, but saw from the title that it was a PWCC auction. i know that a lot of times people consign an entire set or large chunk of a collection with them, so i investigated further only to find SPauthentic84's 50 greatest set up for auction thru their consignment. i ended up getting about 10 cards from his consignment and all of them were really solid prices. a couple went a little higher than i thought but nothing major. the maravich and some other higher end ones i bought from that particular set of PWCC auctions went for very reasonable and non shilled prices. I honestly think PWCC does nothing wrong and does everything in their power to ensure non shilled auctions. like they said - they really have very little to gain from shilling their own auctions and it would be more hassle than its worth. if you're concerned about sellers shilling thru 3rd parties, that can be done on any auctions not just theirs...

i dont think people should be trying to throw dirt on a sellers name because they 'think' its being shilled. only concrete evidence i have is that i've gotten great cards from them for good prices.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
PWCC has established themselves as one of the better know consignment sellers on ebay. They have built a solid reputation in many peoples eyes. Someone who is not PWCC that uses PWCC in their title would be deceiving buyers, just like "non-auto" manipulates a search. In no way does PWCC adding "PWCC" to their title manipulate a search, which is why I don't have an issue with it.
thank you. i've spent the last few minutes reading these posts and trying to (unsuccessfully) come up with a way to summarize my thoughts in a somewhat cohesive manner. this is dead on.

PWCC essentially has squatters rights on the acronym, as they've been using it for an extended period of time and have a dedicated following of buyers who use it to identify a very specific set of high end listings. no other seller can make the same claim. if they did, it would merely be to drive extra traffic to a listing under the guise of a legit PWCC auction when it has no bearing on their actual items being sold. this, per ebay's policy below, is keyword spamming.

"Keyword spamming is when people use words or details (such as brands, item condition, model names, pop culture terms, product names, style, and type) that have nothing to do with their items so that their listings will show up in search results"

honestly, im surprised more big time sellers havent adopted a similar approach in their titles.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
having PWCC in the title is totally fine. i like it actually and has helped me get some cards that i might not otherwise have found. for example - i always search for walt frazier cards. one day i searched and saw one that i wouldn't have clicked on because i already had it, but saw from the title that it was a PWCC auction. i know that a lot of times people consign an entire set or large chunk of a collection with them, so i investigated further only to find SPauthentic84's 50 greatest set up for auction thru their consignment. i ended up getting about 10 cards from his consignment and all of them were really solid prices. a couple went a little higher than i thought but nothing major. the maravich and some other higher end ones i bought from that particular set of PWCC auctions went for very reasonable and non shilled prices. I honestly think PWCC does nothing wrong and does everything in their power to ensure non shilled auctions. like they said - they really have very little to gain from shilling their own auctions and it would be more hassle than its worth. if you're concerned about sellers shilling thru 3rd parties, that can be done on any auctions not just theirs...

i dont think people should be trying to throw dirt on a sellers name because they 'think' its being shilled. only concrete evidence i have is that i've gotten great cards from them for good prices.
Very good post. For the people that don't trust PWCC, they are doing you a favor by putting PWCC in the title so you can avoid their auctions easier.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:14 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned

PWCC - pretty wonderful card cards.

That could be my new eBay store. Does anyone have a problem with that being in titles.

Like I said I think its misusing the use of eBay titles to spam their auctions.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:

That could be my new eBay store. Does anyone have a problem with that being in titles.

Go for it and lets see what happens.....keep us updated.

If you are not going to do...stop talking about it.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:

My goodness can you troll any harder?

He lists hundreds of cards at a time and puts his easily recognized seller reference into the heading. It actually costs him room for more description and helps people know it's one of his auctions.

It also helps people avoid them if they don't want to go into any of his auctions should they feel that he's a shiller or scammer or anything.

If I see PWCC in an auction title I know it's going to sell high and I would probably avoid the auction.

Why are you that bothered by it??

Oh, it's just because you're the biggest troll on the forum.

You've said your opinion on the matter, now leave it alone.
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
My goodness can you troll any harder?

He lists hundreds of cards at a time and puts his easily recognized seller reference into the heading. It actually costs him room for more description and helps people know it's one of his auctions.

It also helps people avoid them if they don't want to go into any of his auctions should they feel that he's a shiller or scammer or anything.

If I see PWCC in an auction title I know it's going to sell high and I would probably avoid the auction.

Why are you that bothered by it??

Oh, it's just because you're the biggest troll on the forum.

You've said your opinion on the matter, now leave it alone.
Truth...and his response when someone calls him out is to call them a troll.

Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #93 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
isnt it much easier for a bidder to just look up a favorite seller like PWCC?

You have to admit the pwcc in the title is to attract buyers that would not normally pick out a pwcc auction. I dont see anything wrong with it. If anyone wants, they should make a notation and use it in their titles as well.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #94 (permalink)
Banned

wow i feel like i'm dealing with emotional immature 13 year old girls.

i posted my opinion and you responded about what you thought and why you thought it. i understood what you were saying and pointed out some things that I thought weren't addressed in your response.

you reply by calling me a troll and a trouble maker... and fraser takes sometime away from creating his beach bod to call me a troll. lol at the immaturity.

i understand both sides of it and as i said its not a huge deal but i clearly am not alone in some of my points so i know im not just a 'troll'.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
wow i feel like i'm dealing with emotional immature 13 year old girls.

i posted my opinion and you responded about what you thought and why you thought it. i understood what you were saying and pointed out some things that I thought weren't addressed in your response.

you reply by calling me a troll and a trouble maker... and fraser takes sometime away from creating his beach bod to call me a troll. lol at the immaturity.

i understand both sides of it and as i said its not a huge deal but i clearly am not alone in some of my points so i know im not just a 'troll'.
*correction*

If you're replying to me I never called you a trouble maker, and this is the first time I have responded to you in this thread.

I've read your posts, and all multiple other ones saying the same thing. I think you're being ridiculous, but you've said your opinion which you're entitled to do. Just stop saying it over and over, especially when most people think it's ridiculous too.

Keyword spamming is using other terms in the title of your auction to promote it when it is not actually one of those used terms. Examples have been provided as 'non-auto' etc.
Using your own seller name to provide recognition is NOT keyword spamming, but also doesn't relate to the item being sold, so it is a grey area. However as a seller that some people love and some people hate, it's probably a good thing that it IS in the title, as mentioned in my previous post.

Last edited by hairyangryfella; 08-14-2012 at 11:16 PM.
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #96 (permalink)

Just a question.... has ANYONE EVER used the term 'PWCC' in a search and NOT been trying to find an auction from this seller??

Just sayin!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
This is the first time I've posted in this thread, so if you're talking about my actions you're mistaken.
I've read your posts, and all multiple other ones saying the same thing. I think you're being ridiculous, but you've said your opinion which you're entitled to do. Just stop saying it over and over, especially when most people think it's ridiculous too.

Keyword spamming is using other terms in the title of your auction to promote it when it is not actually one of those used terms. Examples have been provided as 'non-auto' etc.
Using your own seller name to provide recognition is NOT keyword spamming, but also doesn't relate to the item being sold, so it is a grey area. However as a seller that some people love and some people hate, it's probably a good thing that it IS in the title, as mentioned in my previous post.
a couple have disagreed and a couple have agreed.

like i also said it is a grey area so clearly i am not trolling as bodybuilder himself tried to call me out for.

i'm fine with people thinking either way but its something that could def. lead to future problems and all if people aren't aware of it being a little sketchy.

it's taking advantage of the ebay title to advertise your auctions over others. that is sketchy to me and not best practice for such a 'legit' entity.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:20 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Just a question.... has ANYONE EVER used the term 'PWCC' in a search and NOT been trying to find an auction from this seller??

Just sayin!
i don't think thats the issue.

why should PWCC auction of 'kobe auto' be proclaimed on search results advertising their consignment operations.

if i wanted to see pwcc auctions of kobe autos i would go to their seller page.

i'm just saying this could easily be abused in the future and if you want titles to be about the item why is this really any different. its not...
Old 08-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
like i also said it is a grey area so clearly i am not trolling as bodybuilder himself tried to call me out for.

it's taking advantage of the ebay title to advertise your auctions over others. that is sketchy to me and not best practice for such a 'legit' entity.
I don't have feelings one way or the other on it, but how is it a grey area?

You have every right to your opinion, but what rule is it violating?
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #100 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I don't have feelings one way or the other on it, but how is it a grey area?

You have every right to your opinion, but what rule is it violating?
what is the point of the ebay title?

to say what you are selling.

people get angry when it says 'non auto', L@@K, Jordan's friend, Kobe teammate, etc etc...

so why should PWCC be able to advertise their company and auctions?