Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 11:32 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
what is the point of the ebay title?

to say what you are selling.

people get angry when it says 'non auto', L@@K, Jordan's friend, Kobe teammate, etc etc...

so why should PWCC be able to advertise their company and auctions?
Because nobody will be searching for something and have a false item returned because of keyword spamming because of it!
Unless you are specifically searching for the term PWCC it's not going to affect your search, unlike keyword spamming!!!!
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
people get angry when it says 'non auto', L@@K, Jordan's friend, Kobe teammate, etc etc...
I just see one big difference -

Including statements like the ones you've included could be construed as purposely misleading those searching for specific players/items. I'm with you, I hate "non-auto" being included in the description because they're purposely trying to get their auctions to show up as often as possible. With the use of "PWCC," though, I don't think they're trying to spam their listings like others because nobody would use that specific search term unless they're trying to find that seller's items. It would be different if you or I started calling ourselves "jordan" on Ebay and used that seller name in every one of our auctions. PWCC isn't a term that would ever be searched except to find their auctions.

Again, though, just my opinion.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
i don't think thats the issue.

why should PWCC auction of 'kobe auto' be proclaimed on search results advertising their consignment operations.

if i wanted to see pwcc auctions of kobe autos i would go to their seller page.

i'm just saying this could easily be abused in the future and if you want titles to be about the item why is this really any different. its not...
I can't believe that you still don't get it!!!!!

When someone searches 'auto' then they will get the results from any listing that has used 'non auto' in the title! I get that is spamming.

But if no one uses the term 'PWCC' in their search, then they won't get any of the results in which the seller has put PWCC in the title!

So what is the problem!

It is not like PWCC is a common industry term that would WRONGLY attract people who didn't want to see their listing!
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #104 (permalink)
Banned

I do get it and I understand it.

My point is that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth cause they are abusing the title to advertise.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:38 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:

My point is that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth cause they are abusing the title to advertise.
Brush your teeth and get over it! lol
Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah you need to get over that...

They're not 'advertising' - are they making the item more appealing or visible by including that? No.
What they are doing is letting everyone see whose auction it is. As mentioned twice now, it helps some people (like myself) avoid those auctions, just like Boyd does with his ridiculous book values in the titles...
Old 08-15-2012, 12:01 AM   #107 (permalink)

It's apples and oranges comparing "non auto" "exquisite" or "1/1" with PWCC in auction titles. As others have stated, no one searches for PWCC without looking for their auctions.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Because nobody will be searching for something and have a false item returned because of keyword spamming because of it!
Unless you are specifically searching for the term PWCC it's not going to affect your search, unlike keyword spamming!!!!
lol... this is true.

I don't really see anything wrong with it, other than maybe it screams "look at me" haha but that's not a crime though. As far as their Jordan insert auctions? That's a whole other story... which honestly I don't even care about anymore. People can do their own research. I gotta do like most people out there and focus on me and my collection.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #109 (permalink)

I don't care if he puts his name in his title, but it is advertising. He wants people to see his auction so by putting his name in the title is is considered advertising

Definition of advertising
the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Yeah you need to get over that...

They're not 'advertising' - are they making the item more appealing or visible by including that? No.
What they are doing is letting everyone see whose auction it is. As mentioned twice now, it helps some people (like myself) avoid those auctions, just like Boyd does with his ridiculous book values in the titles...
Old 08-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #110 (permalink)

For what Ebay and Paypal take nowadays I see no problem with using their titles to advertise. Who really cares....
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #111 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
I don't care if he puts his name in his title, but it is advertising. He wants people to see his auction so by putting his name in the title is is considered advertising

the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
Thank you. I guess I am not just some crazy loon. Haha

I never said it was against the law or whatever. What I said was that it was advertising and a little arrogant or shady in my opinion. And that I can see it becoming more of a problem in the future just as Jordan teammate etc etc has. One person blurring the line leads to another which then leads to others stepping over it

Once again it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I think they are abusing the system. I know I'm not crazy as other people have realized the same thing. Once again though I'm just a troll so whatever.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Once again it leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I think they are abusing the system. I know I'm not crazy as other people have realized the same thing. Once again though I'm just a troll so whatever.
I don't think you're a troll, but you do seem to have a persecution complex. The more you post comments like that, the more people are going to continue calling you those names.

You're better off just letting it go, IMO.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post

Everyone's entire title os an advertisement though. That's the point of a good quality title....to use keywords to sell your item. PWCC is actually relevant to the item if someone wants to search that way. "non auto", "ebay 1/1", and "Kobe's teammate" are good for nothing but clogging up a legitimate search.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Everyone's entire title os an advertisement though. That's the point of a good quality title....to use keywords to sell your item. PWCC is actually relevant to the item if someone wants to search that way. "non auto", "ebay 1/1", and "Kobe's teammate" are good for nothing but clogging up a legitimate search.
But isn't 'Kobe's teammate' just as good or better of a description of the item as (PWCC)?

What does PWCC have to do with a Kobe auto?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
But isn't 'Kobe's teammate' just as good or better of a description of the item as (PWCC)?

I thought you said you understood??

PWCC is not trying to attract searchers that are looking for something else!
'Kobes Teammate' is clearly aiming to attract people that are searching for 'Kobe'!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:

Considering the guy runs thousands of auctions a month, there are people that might actually search pwcc. No one searches "kobe's teammate".
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:

I think quite a few get your point already...
it just keep going back to those agree to disagree situation...
for some of us as long as the extra wordings are not clogging up the searches with non-related auctions (kobe's teammates etc.) or casuing unecessary rise in prices (certain seller's random BV on cards) we're fine with it.

Not too sure if that is arrogance but I'd agree that it's advertisment. But like a few already said the pwcc in the title would help me to identify their auctions so I can either watch/bid/stay away from them.
Freedub21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:27 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
I thought you said you understood??

PWCC is not trying to attract searchers that are looking for something else!
'Kobes Teammate' is clearly aiming to attract people that are searching for 'Kobe'!!
Sometimes its just pointless to keep arguing with someone. And Murrke is definitely one of those people who will never admit being wrong. Either he just likes being argumentative on this forum or he is a young kid.

There is nothing wrong with having different opinions on topics. But non-auto is clearly a way to manipulate a search. While PWCC is not manipulating anything by putting their name in the title. It is just letting a buyer know from the title who the seller is. You say you understand, but clearly you don't when you think Kobe's Teammate is not as bad as pwcc.

Time to use the ignore feature.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #119 (permalink)

I wonder how much this thread is worth.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #120 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Sometimes its just pointless to keep arguing with someone. And Murrke is definitely one of those people who will never admit being wrong. Either he just likes being argumentative on this forum or he is a young kid.

There is nothing wrong with having different opinions on topics. But non-auto is clearly a way to manipulate a search. While PWCC is not manipulating anything by putting their name in the title. It is just letting a buyer know from the title who the seller is. You say you understand, but clearly you don't when you think Kobe's Teammate is not as bad as pwcc.

Time to use the ignore feature.
Lol. Yet although you talk against eBay police you felt the need to be troll police in the threads when someone disagrees or bring up points to refute.

You call then a troll and then ignore them. Haha wow.

My poin is they are manipulating the title of an eBay auction. Yes it's not the same as other things but it's still a manipulation and what gives you a right to be moral police and say which is more wrong then the others. I mean you said you were against those moral police types. Yet you are one. Hilarious.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #121 (permalink)

I seriously don't get why anyone would have a problem with them putting pwcc in the title. It's the absolute opposite of spamming...it's not like putting pwcc makes their auctions pop up unless you search for pwcc...and like I've stated it's actually helped me to realize they were running auctions of a 50 greatest set break that I wouldn't have seen unless I saw that Frazier card with the pwcc in the title and looked further into it. So far I'm up a Maravich auto because of it - I'd like to hear how it's hurt someone...
If you have a problem with it, then you obviously have a problem just for the sake of having a problem.
Like some people have stated, it could even be used as a red flag for those of you who think their auctions are shady. It's really night and day from keyword spamming...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #122 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
I seriously don't get why anyone would have a problem with them putting pwcc in the title. It's the absolute opposite of spamming...it's not like putting pwcc makes their auctions pop up unless you search for pwcc...and like I've stated it's actually helped me to realize they were running auctions of a 50 greatest set break that I wouldn't have seen unless I saw that Frazier card with the pwcc in the title and looked further into it. So far I'm up a Maravich auto because of it - I'd like to hear how it's hurt someone...
If you have a problem with it, then you obviously have a problem just for the sake of having a problem.
Like some people have stated, it could even be used as a red flag for those of you who think their auctions are shady. It's really night and day from keyword spamming...
Is it not misusing the point of an ebay title?

What if a seller whos username was JordanExquisite put his username 'Jordan Exquisite" on every item he sold?

That would be the same exact thing. So PWCC should be able to do it but JordanExquisite wouldn't be allowed?

Although the results may be different its the same abuse.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I wonder how much this thread is worth.
I just asked 'Siri' and after some of her usual banter.... she said '42'!!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Is it not misusing the point of an ebay title?

What if a seller whos username was JordanExquisite put his username 'Jordan Exquisite" on every item he sold?

That would be the same exact thing. So PWCC should be able to do it but JordanExquisite wouldn't be allowed?

Although the results may be different its the same abuse.
Trollollololollloooo

IF that situation ever arose, then it would be a conflict. SINCE this is one of the few cases it happens AND DOESN'T AFFECT THE SEARCH RESULTS why don't you JUST GET OVER IT
Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #125 (permalink)

haha wow...this is why i have king murrke on ignore...like i said - arguing for the sake of arguing. i mean come on...that is ridiculous. same exact thing? wow...except they're completely opposite. one would be key word spamming the other is completely harmless.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote