Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Is it not misusing the point of an ebay title?

What if a seller whos username was JordanExquisite put his username 'Jordan Exquisite" on every item he sold?

That would be the same exact thing. So PWCC should be able to do it but JordanExquisite wouldn't be allowed?

Although the results may be different its the same abuse.
It appears you have an agenda - we get it. Also - you are not comparing apples to apples. You are starting to reach a little here and the validity of your argument is becoming less valid.

JordanExquisite would be keyword spamming because it would pull up items not related to the auctions listed (if they were in fact not Jordan Exquisite cards). However PWCC if searched for - will only pull items listed by PWCC. He is allowing customers to search for him by his name - yes you could also save him in your "Saved Sellers" area. However - he is simply giving you an option to find his listings easier.

To call this abuse is absurd.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:07 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

I never said it was the same exact thing. See people have the hardest time reading on this board. And there it is resort to calling the person a troll

LMAO that exactly proves my point.

Once again, by allowing PWCC to advertise (which multiple people have agreed with) and which is abusing the idea of the 'ebay title' - it opens up the possibility of future abuse. Like I said a million times one person blurs the line then others do it then others step over it and it becomes a complete mockery.

People ask why I keep saying the same thing and its because certain members have the hardest time actually reading and comprehending. They get all hurt and attack someone without even reading whats written and then impose what they think i said which is completely wrong.

good to see old knicker still worried about my posts and responding. lol yet i'm on his ignore (i'm sure he will point it out 15 more times while responding to me) hahahahahaha wow
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
Knicker_Please's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,970
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Is it not misusing the point of an ebay title?

What if a seller whos username was JordanExquisite put his username 'Jordan Exquisite" on every item he sold?

That would be the same exact thing. So PWCC should be able to do it but JordanExquisite wouldn't be allowed?

Although the results may be different its the same abuse.

..............................

edit - just because you're on my ignore doesn't mean i can't chose to view your posts when i see thru quotes that you're acting like a 4 year old and call you out on it
__________________
TRADING KNICKS TICKETS FOR CARDS!!
www.photobucket.com/knickerpleasenba
Iman Shumpert super collector

Last edited by Knicker_Please; 08-15-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #129 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Nothings wrong with pwcc putting pwcc in their auction titles...You guys sure are nitpicking!
__________________
[B]"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." [/B]

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #130 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
It appears you have an agenda - we get it. Also - you are not comparing apples to apples. You are starting to reach a little here and the validity of your argument is becoming less valid.

JordanExquisite would be keyword spamming because it would pull up items not related to the auctions listed (if they were in fact not Jordan Exquisite cards). However PWCC if searched for - will only pull items listed by PWCC. He is allowing customers to search for him by his name - yes you could also save his in your "Saved Sellers" area. However - he is simply giving you an option to find his listings easier.

To call this abuse is absurd.
But what if JordanExquisite is his username. People said more sellers should list their username or advertise. My point is that it will become ridiculous.

Ebay titles are suppose to be a description of the product. Is PWCC selling themselves? Do you get a share of PWCC? Like I said a million times its not the same as other spam words but it is a misuse of the title. Thats a fact.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM   #131 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Nothings wrong with pwcc putting pwcc in their auction titles...You guys sure are nitpicking!
so there would be nothing wrong if a seller who had the username JordanExquisite started selling cards and including his username to advertise his store?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #132 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
..............................

edit - just because you're on my ignore doesn't mean i can't chose to view your posts when i see thru quotes that you're acting like a 4 year old and call you out on it
yet you were done with me and putting me on ignore?

LOL you continue to fail. good try though
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:13 PM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
AllStars2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 438
Default

Nothing wrong with putting PWCC in the title, how the hell is this even an argument. If anyone has a problem with it just contact him or ebay to get them to try to change it if you are so offended
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #134 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
so there would be nothing wrong if a seller who had the username JordanExquisite started selling cards and including his username to advertise his store?
LOL....Your reaching now dude!....get a life!....
__________________
[B]"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." [/B]

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #135 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
LOL....Your reaching now dude!....get a life!....
I'm not reaching because we all know that is exactly what will happen on ebay if sellers start advertising their stores/companies.

I mean come one someone just posted a ebay title with a KG #9/10 and the person called it a 1/1 because its the only #9/10.

You are telling me that someone won't resort to my 'reaching' attempt?

My point is that it will be the same exact thing that PWCC is doing by advertising themselves. Like I said someone blurs the line others will continue and everything will go to crap.

That's my point and that is why it left a bad taste in my mouth because they are misusing the point of the title and if allowed it will just ruin ebay/the hobby/ whatever even more...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #136 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I'm not reaching because we all know that is exactly what will happen on ebay if sellers start advertising their stores/companies.

I mean come one someone just posted a ebay title with a KG #9/10 and the person called it a 1/1 because its the only #9/10.

You are telling me that someone won't resort to my 'reaching' attempt?

My point is that it will be the same exact thing that PWCC is doing by advertising themselves. Like I said someone blurs the line others will continue and everything will go to crap.

That's my point and that is why it left a bad taste in my mouth because they are misusing the point of the title and if allowed it will just ruin ebay/the hobby/ whatever even more...
Get A Life Dude!
__________________
[B]"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." [/B]

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I'm not reaching because we all know that is exactly what will happen on ebay if sellers start advertising their stores/companies.

I mean come one someone just posted a ebay title with a KG #9/10 and the person called it a 1/1 because its the only #9/10.

You are telling me that someone won't resort to my 'reaching' attempt?

My point is that it will be the same exact thing that PWCC is doing by advertising themselves. Like I said someone blurs the line others will continue and everything will go to crap.

That's my point and that is why it left a bad taste in my mouth because they are misusing the point of the title and if allowed it will just ruin ebay/the hobby/ whatever even more...
The whole 1/1 thing has been going on for years now - and that's not even the worst one. Wait till you see ones where people do things like: 5/6 is 1/1 because John Doe was born on 5-6-19xx.. Those are great!

Anyways..

Ebay doesn't have a policy against this. It really seems like you just want to find something here to complain over. The tittles are meant to be used for keywords - and if a seller feels like their seller name is good enough to be used a a keyword and searched for by a consumer, then more power to them!

And if certain ebay names were to cause a problem for keyword spamming - they would get pulled, because you know consumers will complain. However, I don't see a problem with a seller using their name if it doesn't pull up an unrelated auction.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I'm not reaching because we all know that is exactly what will happen on ebay if sellers start advertising their stores/companies.

I mean come one someone just posted a ebay title with a KG #9/10 and the person called it a 1/1 because its the only #9/10.

You are telling me that someone won't resort to my 'reaching' attempt?

My point is that it will be the same exact thing that PWCC is doing by advertising themselves. Like I said someone blurs the line others will continue and everything will go to crap.

That's my point and that is why it left a bad taste in my mouth because they are misusing the point of the title and if allowed it will just ruin ebay/the hobby/ whatever even more...

To compare JordanExquisite to PWCC, the seller would need to type 'JE'!

PWCC is an abbreviation!!

But seriously, who cares!! And, I know people are saying to put Murrke on ignore, but I just can't do it! It makes me feel like a genius everytime I read his posts! Lol
__________________
Collecting 12-13 Gold Standard Superscribe Autos
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #139 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
The whole 1/1 thing has been going on for years now - and that's not even the worst one. Wait till you see ones where people do things like: 5/6 is 1/1 because John Doe was born on 5-6-19xx.. Those are great!

Anyways..

Ebay doesn't have a policy against this. It really seems like you just want to find something here to complain over. The tittles are meant to be used for keywords - and if a seller feels like their seller name is good enough to be used a a keyword and searched for by a consumer, then more power to them!

And if certain ebay names were to cause a problem for keyword spamming - they would get pulled, because you know consumers will complain. However, I don't see a problem with a seller using their name if it doesn't pull up an unrelated auction.
Like I've said multiple times. I really don't have a huge problem with it. I am merely pointing it out because I see people complain about the whole "1/1" thing ALL THE TIME. And this misuse of titles can eventually evolve to that.

The problem with this thread is we have members coming in here to not actually read what I am saying and call me a troll when I post legit points refuting what they say. Whether or not it upsets me (which it really doesn't) really doesn't matter. I said it left me with a bad taste and people then jumped all over me saying stupid stuff that has nothing to do with anything. Just as people don't like 1/1 tags I think the allowance of this could become similar.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
To compare JordanExquisite to PWCC, the seller would need to type 'JE'!

PWCC is an abbreviation!!

But seriously, who cares!! And, I know people are saying to put Murrke on ignore, but I just can't do it! It makes me feel like a genius everytime I read his posts! Lol
you are a genius.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #141 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

LOL...Yeah I'm wondering how old this kid is?...I wont put him on ignore either....He's pure entertainment for us over here!
__________________
[B]"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." [/B]

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Get A Life Dude!
LMAO.

Great rational response. Shows you are a quality member to society

When someone makes a point you can't refute JUST IGNORE IT! So many arrogant members on this site do it so WE ALL SHOULD!
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:32 PM   #143 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
LMAO.

Great rational response. Shows you are a quality member to society

When someone makes a point you can't refute JUST IGNORE IT! So many arrogant members on this site do it so WE ALL SHOULD!
You made no point whatsoever!...Your just bitching and crying for no good reason!...Carry on though...Its what you do best and i do get a kick out of it!..
__________________
[B]"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it." [/B]

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Like I've said multiple times. I really don't have a huge problem with it. I am merely pointing it out because I see people complain about the whole "1/1" thing ALL THE TIME. And this misuse of titles can eventually evolve to that.

The problem with this thread is we have members coming in here to not actually read what I am saying and call me a troll when I post legit points refuting what they say. Whether or not it upsets me (which it really doesn't) really doesn't matter. I said it left me with a bad taste and people then jumped all over me saying stupid stuff that has nothing to do with anything. Just as people don't like 1/1 tags I think the allowance of this could become similar.
This thread was never about the title of his auctions though - you turned it into that.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
You made no point whatsoever!...Your just bitching and crying for no good reason!...Carry on though...Its what you do best and i do get a kick out of it!..
Tell me that my 'reaching' story isn't very plausible to happen on ebay if sellers start putting usernames and advertising in titles?

I mean we all see how "the 1/1" has evolved on ebay....
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #146 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
This thread was never about the title of his auctions though - you turned it into that.
You mean me and others...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,846
Default

I now understand how a man can walk out on his kids.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
I now understand how a man can walk out on his kids.
Thank you sir! You just made my day! Lololol
__________________
Collecting 12-13 Gold Standard Superscribe Autos
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #149 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
I now understand how a man can walk out on his kids.
uh?........
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
uh?........
All you're saying is "IF"... why make a deal about it? Your points are all just "waah I don't like what he's doing because IF...."

And we have refuted those. In this instance it doesn't affect searches. It doesn't annoy anybody (other than you). Just let it go...

Should anyone ever start actually keyword spamming with their username, I think enough people here will try to do something about it.
Now step away before you make yourself look like even more of an argumentative fool than you already are.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/348630-shiller-alert-prewarcardcollector.html
Posted By For Type Date
How does Ebay let sellers like PWCC get away with stuff like this???? This thread Pingback 02-04-2013 12:54 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.