Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Well in the immediate future, the Lakers have people that can put the ball in the basket. They don't need a big scorer, they need a defensive presence around the basket.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

People who say Howard. Do you realize he has basically no offensive game?

Haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

Bynum will be the best center in the league this year.. He won't have to worry about washed up Ball hogs shooting 60% of the shots.. Also the Lakers will need Dwight's defense in the paint when 90% of the leagues Point Guards are blowing past Nash.. Good luck LA
Shaun941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 05:16 PM   #29 (permalink)

Howard is the better player and the better fit with Nash because of his pick and roll offense.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

Dwight and offense thats a lol.
Old 08-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
Dwight and offense thats a lol.
Bynum and defense, quickness, strength, attitude, team player, ambition to win over all else....associate any of those with Bynum and you have a reason to laugh.

Words to be associated with Bynum; big baby, quitter, whiner, lack of ambition to win, slow
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jcmel323

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Who else but Scalabrine?
we have a winner!!!!
jcmel323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #33 (permalink)

Wait so Dwight doesnt have attitude problems, childish, quiter, no will to win?? Lol get lost man i was born and raised in Orlando. I have watched Dwight over the years and you have watched highlights. He pushed a great coach out of the organization he said he would stay another year, then changes his mind before the season starts.. Bynum is not far off Dwight statistically, and in Philly he will be better. Wait and see.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
Bynum and defense, quickness, strength, attitude, team player, ambition to win over all else....associate any of those with Bynum and you have a reason to laugh.

Words to be associated with Bynum; big baby, quitter, whiner, lack of ambition to win, slow
I'm pretty sure you just described Howard as well.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Lmao exactly what is this guy talking about.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post

Haha
that's weird then, because he's averaged a little over 18 a game for his career. your hatred to anything not heat related has severely blinded your judgement. he's a 20 pt per game scorer and that's with nothing near the caliber of talent that he's going to play with in la. he's going to get so many putpbacks and find himself with single coverage more than he ever has before in his entire career.

also watch this video.

Nash-Gortat pick and rolls - YouTube

now realize that is what nash and gortat did all season last year. with martin f'in gortat! in case it doesn't sink in for you. now imagine nash and howard running that all season with no other player on defense able to collapse or help because they won't be able to leave kobe or pau wide open. dwight might break the record for most dunks in a season this year if such a record even exists.

Last edited by Burt-Reynolds; 08-11-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:

Haha
But he's really tall......... haha smh
Old 08-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
that's weird then, because he's averaged a little over 18 a game for his career. your hatred to anything not heat related has severely blinded your judgement. he's a 20 pt per game scorer and that's with nothing near the caliber of talent that he's going to play with in la. he's going to get so many putpbacks and find himself with single coverage more than he ever has before in his entire career.

also watch this video.

now realize that is what nash and gortat did all season last year. with martin f'in gortat! in case it doesn't sink in for you. now imagine nash and howard running that all season with no other player on defense able to collapse or help because they won't be able to leave kobe or pau wide open. dwight might break the record for most dunks in a season this year if such a record even exists.
Lol

Yea one of the most athletic, biggest, and strongest guy in league should average only 18-20 PTS a game.

It's not hatred it's reality.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you just described Howard as well.

On the court? No. Bynum quits during games and cries. Howard; not so much.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun941 View Post
Wait so Dwight doesnt have attitude problems, childish, quiter, no will to win?? Lol get lost man i was born and raised in Orlando. I have watched Dwight over the years and you have watched highlights. He pushed a great coach out of the organization he said he would stay another year, then changes his mind before the season starts.. Bynum is not far off Dwight statistically, and in Philly he will be better. Wait and see.
This is about the dumbest post I have encountered on this forum (except for the idiotic reruns we all have to read from you know who). So if someone doesn't live in Orlando, they all of the sudden have never watched Dwight play? Us non residents are only privy to highlights? Think again guy.

I could care less what Dwight does off the court and all the mumbo jumbo you are crying about he did to get his coach fired and such. On the court, he is a monster. Therefore, you can continue to be bitter because it is clearly shining through. Good riddance Bynum.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

also watch this video.

Keep in mind, Nash did that with Amare too, which landed Amare a huge contract he probably didn't deserve.

The haters are worried and I love it!

Dwight is going be able to stay in the paint and dunk all day long.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #42 (permalink)

Oh how far has the Center position fallen... these are the top 2 options in the league? Both are flawed to holy hell and are whiny bitches.

I miss Shaq, David Robinson, Olajuwon, and Ewing. The Center position sucks so hard now...

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 08-11-2012 at 10:15 PM.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Dwight is one of the biggest babies on court too.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
dwight might break the record for most dunks in a season this year if such a record even exists.
with statements like this it makes you wonder if you are even a basketball fan or just a bandwagon fan...
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Still waiting for someone to tell me how Dwight is a good offensive player.

Cause he can dunk? What's next? Blake griffin is a good offensive player too?

Lol
Old 08-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Still waiting for someone to tell me how Dwight is a good offensive player.

Cause he can dunk? What's next? Blake griffin is a good offensive player too?

Lol
Let's put it this way. He is good enough to take the Lakers to a level that makes declining D Wade and soft Bosh piss in their pants. Enough said.

The Heat should go back and edit their comments...not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7.....just 1
Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #47 (permalink)

18.4 points a game, 57.7 FG %, I dunno how hes not considered a good offensive player?

And also leads the NBA in free throws attempted, by a lot.

His free throw % suck, but a lot of big guys have that problem. I mean he led the league in field goal % last year too, and rebounding. What do people want him to do? Shoot 3s too?

Bynum averaged 56 games a year, Howard 77 throughout their careers so far.

All better than Bynum last year, and career.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
with statements like this it makes you wonder if you are even a basketball fan or just a bandwagon fan...
yup, you got me. guilty. i've been a bandwagon laker fan since the 80's when i was old enough to remember watching them with my family. born and raised in so cal. caught red handed. lmao, dumbass.

way to try and take one line of my post and throw it completely out of context though.

not my fault the down times of being a laker fan only last a year or two at most. for what it's worth i did have to suffer thru the kwame, smush years. although the benefit of that was watching kobe play some of the most amazing offensive basketball in the history of the league during those times.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
Let's put it this way. He is good enough to take the Lakers to a level that makes declining D Wade and soft Bosh piss in their pants. Enough said.

The Heat should go back and edit their comments...not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7.....just 1
Hahahaha so now he's 'good enough'.

Lol Dwight Howard is the biggest waste of natural talent when it comes to offense.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
18.4 points a game, 57.7 FG %, I dunno how hes not considered a good offensive player?

And also leads the NBA in free throws attempted, by a lot.

His free throw % suck, but a lot of big guys have that problem. I mean he led the league in field goal % last year too, and rebounding. What do people want him to do? Shoot 3s too?

Bynum averaged 56 games a year, Howard 77 throughout their careers so far.

All better than Bynum last year, and career.
Lol so 19 PTS per game makes you a good offensive player? Wow the league is full of some pretty small names players that do that.

Howard should easily be scoring close to thirty a game if he actually had some offensive skills.

And getting to the ft line means what? Shaq wasnt a great offensive player because he got to line and shot 50 percent so I don't know what you are trying to say with that.