Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #76 (permalink)

jeremy lin is better than the both of them...i dare someone to argue that point.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
dh12 by a landslide!
yeah, it's not even close. they are pretty much even in immaturity, but talent-wise, dh12 is worlds ahead of andrew thug-life bynum
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #78 (permalink)

Bynum is better because he can pull up and take threes in transition
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
u dont get it dude..do u actually watch nba games?
a post guy that can average over 20 a game and shoot 60% has "No offensive game"
Lol you are the classic basketball fan that has no idea what they are talking about.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Lol you are the classic basketball fan that has no idea what they are talking about.
dude, please get a life. i picture you sitting in front of your computer all day with a keg of mountain dew, constantly clicking refresh on your browser waiting for someone to reply to you, so you can make a comment and feel relevant in your lonely little life. you have 15 posts in this thread alone, so sad and pathetic.
Burt-Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #81 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Still waiting for someone to prove Dwight can make an offensive move in the post besides jumping high and dunking.

Lol
Still waiting for you to look yourself in the mirror and admit to yourself you have a bitter soul.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #82 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
Still waiting for you to look yourself in the mirror and admit to yourself you have a bitter soul.
Haha yes ignore the actual basketball discussion and attack me as a person.

Yeah I guess we should accept all your great opinions about basketball because you make such great arguments and defend them
Old 08-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #83 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
dude, please get a life. i picture you sitting in front of your computer all day with a keg of mountain dew, constantly clicking refresh on your browser waiting for someone to reply to you, so you can make a comment and feel relevant in your lonely little life. you have 15 posts in this thread alone, so sad and pathetic.
Says someone with 2000+ posts also.

It quite easy to attack someone and ignore everything they say related to the topic. Yet your opinions on the game should be accepted. Lol
Old 08-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #84 (permalink)

Default Have to go with Howard!

I have to choose Howard over Bynum in general and even right now primarily because of his athleticism. Bynum is a lot heavier and slower and he's not the same defensive force that Howard is because of that. Howard can still average 20 ppg on a bad night and snatch 13 to 15 rpg. Bynum is capable of doing that in a game but the verdict is still out on him doing that consistently which I doubt because of his knee trouble and weight that those knees are holding up. As far as injuries go, Bynum has a continuous history of serious knee problems and Howard has that back issue. Age has nothing to do with that because Howard's only a year older than Bynum so they'll reach their primes around the same time if they haven't already reached them going off how long they've already been in the league.
solo14sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #85 (permalink)

Howard is such a FAR more superior player then Bynum, there really is no comparison. Yes, Bynum is pretty good offensively when only one guy is guarding him, but having watched almost every single one of his games for the past 7 years, the biggest problem with his offensive game is that he's a terrible decision maker, and has an inability to read and react to double teams. He panics a lot when he's doubled or tripled team, and unfortunately though, Bynum is a lot like quick sand, once the ball touches his hands, it's almost NEVER coming out, so he ends up taking some terrible shots. Learning how to play and and pass out of double teams, is gonna be the biggest obstacle Bynum has to go through when he's in Philadelphia.

Howard on the other hand, he's had to face double teams his entire career in Orlando, so he's already learned how to effectively pass out of double teams. and now that he's on the Lakers, things are only gonna become easier for him offensively.
jeebus_86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

Lol at some of the comments in this thread.

I mean I agree that Howard is better then Bynum. But it's so much closer then people think.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how Howard is good offensively. Haha
Old 08-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #87 (permalink)

Can't really argue with you there! Offensively Howard's game is one-dimensional and he doesn't have a go to move that he can rely on in games.

Last edited by solo14sy; 08-14-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Re:murrke03
solo14sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol at some of the comments in this thread.

I mean I agree that Howard is better then Bynum. But it's so much closer then people think.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how Howard is good offensively. Haha
Dwight Howards offense is mainly centered around his strength and athleticism (two things Bynum lacked), and considering that he can pretty much over-power and out-jump almost everybody in the league, there really hasn't been a need to develop more then a few post moves. However, this doesn't mean he still can't learn to develop and improve his game.

Fortunately for Dwight, I think being on the Lakers is probably the best thing that could have happened to him in his basketball development. I think he has the ability now to fully unlock his basketball potential, because now he has the luxury to learn from four great veterans of the game, three of which are some of the best offensive minds the league has ever seen. I mean, you don't think he can learn a few things from Pau, one of the best back to the basket offensive big men the league has seen. And you have Kobe and Nash, two players who have some of the best offensive foot work and playmaking abilities, you don't think they can teach him a few things? Dwight Howard is still very young, so there's plenty of time and room to continue to learn and grow as an offensive player....which is kind of a scary thought if your an opposing team.

Last edited by jeebus_86; 08-14-2012 at 09:54 PM.
jeebus_86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #89 (permalink)

If both their minds were 100 percent in the right place, then Howard is a far superior player.

Unfortunately, I don't think eithers' minds will ever be 100 percent. Ever.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote