Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Well the car analogy is completely not the same thing.

So if someone were to ask you about if it was previously graded or said they were going to try and get it graded by bgs what would you say?

Oh an you really think someone would buy a Psa 10 to cross to a bgs 9.5? Lol
Why do you feel the need to grill this guy? Why are you always so concerned with everyone elses business? Are you buying a $9,000 PSA 10 Jordan RC? Probably not, so chill out.

Anyone who thinks they have a good shot at crossing a PSA 10 to a BGS 10 Pristine is crazy. 90% of the people buying a PSA 10 are doing so because they collect PSA over BGS. Not to cross it over.

If it was my card, I wouldn't tell anyone up front that it was a BGS 9.5 because it isn't graded by them anymore. If they asked, I would tell them it was a 9.5.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned

I'm not grilling anybody. I'm asking a simple question.

Oh and isn't supposed Jordan exquisite shilling not every bodies business but how many threads are there in that a week?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:

Oh and isn't supposed Jordan exquisite shilling not every bodies business but how many threads are there in that a week?
Honestly it wouldn't matter if this card was a BGS 9.5 prior. All that matters is that its in a PSA 10 holder and that's it. End of story.

The first BGS 10 Pristine Jordan was actually a SGC 98 that was crossed over to a BGS 10 and sold for like $100k I believe.

Grading is subjective to the grader and it is soley their opinion.

Crossing cards over to BGS or PSA is an everyday thing.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Back in the old days, D&A used to roam card expos buying up bgs 9s. Having them crossed over to psa 10 then recrossing them to bgs 9.5 This was back in the early 00s. I followed suit on a few. I did it with a bgs 9 98 SPX Spectrum rc. BGS 9 to psa 10 to BGS 9.5
That's kind of my point - I certainly could disclose up front this was a bgs 9.5, but if it was also a bgs 9 before that do I have a responsibility to disclose that? No one can argue that grading is perfect - it's why folks resub or crack and resub. It's why they say to buy the card, not the slab. Why buy a 9.5 if it looks like it was overgraded? I wouldn't. Would I buy a 9 that looks like it could 9.5 in hopes of cracking it out for a bump? Sure would.
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:

I don't get the point of the Jordan Exquisite threads either. Most of the people complaining about it wouldn't have bought the Exquisites at the prices they were at before they got hot.

It just seems like a lot of people on here want to be the sports card industry police and the morality police. I personally don't care if people are shilling cards up to 10k that were originally 4k. I can't afford it at either level. Is it wrong to shill, yes. You don't have to get involved and worked up over everything that is wrong in the world.

If I walk into a locker room and see Sandusky raping a boy, of course you should step in and stop it.
If I see that some auctions have been shilled on ebay, I just move on.

You have to learn to pick your battles and not get worked up over everything.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
I don't get the point of the Jordan Exquisite threads either. Most of the people complaining about it wouldn't have bought the Exquisites at the prices they were at before they got hot.

It just seems like a lot of people on here want to be the sports card industry police and the morality police. I personally don't care if people are shilling cards up to 10k that were originally 4k. I can't afford it at either level. Is it wrong to shill, yes. You don't have to get involved and worked up over everything that is wrong in the world.

If I walk into a locker room and see Sandusky raping a boy, of course you should step in and stop it.
If I see that some auctions have been shilled on ebay, I just move on.

You have to learn to pick your battles and not get worked up over everything.
Oh the irony of this post.

First no one is getting worked up over it or having their feelings hurt. My post was merely bringing awareness to it and how I thought it was similar to how others abuse the use of titles on eBay.

Second it's quite ironic how you fight against the moral or eBay police but feel the necessity to act as thread/troll police and call out someone for mentioning a point.

Lol
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote