Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone looking forward to Leaf Signature Basketball

With less then a month until its release is anyone interested in Leaf Signature? The lineup seems to be something different then the typical Panini product, but as we all know, Leaf isnt the best card manufacturer. So what do you guys think, will you give it a chance or not? Just curious...
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is it anything like the Leaf Best of Basketball?
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

No, below are the spec sheet posted on BO. This series is unique to Leaf. Price $80 per box.

Configuration:#@#@ 1 pack per box. 5 cards per box.

Leaf is pleased to announce its presence in the basketball market with 2012 Leaf Signature Series Basketball. This exciting product will provide collectors a much needed alternative to currently available basketball products. Look for the perfect combination of new young draftees and basketball legends. After 10 years of longing for fresh certified autographed cardboard, this set marks the return of KARL MALONE to autograph collectors worldwide.

Leaf is pleased to announce it has secured 30 players to draft exclusive deals. Of these players, 13 players were selected in the first round of the 2012 draft. This means LEAF is the only draft pick company to feature these future household names, including Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard and MORE!

Look for on-card autographs from an exciting checklist of rookies and legends, including:
KARL MALONE
BRADLEY BEAL
DAMIAN LILLARD
TERRANCE ROSS
SCOTTIE PIPPEN
KENDALL MARSHALL
CLYDE DREXLE
RDENNIS RODMAN
PERRY JONES III
DORON LAMB
JEREMY LAMB
DOMINIQUE WILKINS
NNEMKADI OGWUMIKE(#1 WNBA PICK!)
AND MANY MORE!!!!!!

LOOK FOR EXCITING INSERT SETS:
- Inscriptions: more than just your standard autograph, players will add that special inscription to provide collectors with maximum value!!
- Taking it to the Hole: featuring autographs of those players who show no fear "taking it to the hole"
- So Money!: featuring signatures of those clutch players who are "so money" in crunch time
- Leaf All-Americans: featuring signatures of many of the top players in the 2012 draft
- Dropping Dimes: featuring signatures of the point guards who make spreading the ball around look easy
- SCOTTIE PIPPEN JUMBO PATCH AUTOGRAPHS: much like our Ichiro Patch auto from 2011, this gorgeous jumbo patch autograph card and its parallels should instantly become some of the most coveted Scottie Pippen cards ever made
Old 08-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

I personally LOVE this idea if the design is nice, seems like a potentially better value than any Panini product this year.
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Looks like a better return then most panini stuff. Even if it was like.... $8 - $10 card which I think would be on the low end of it, you'd still make a decent return with the chance of a good hit. 5 on card autos are always awesome.
Mistaduma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

i really like this product excited to see malone autos

i'll probably pick up some boxes
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #7 (permalink)

I surprised that leaf can sign Bradley Beal to exclusive signing? Doesn't panini hold the only NBA license? How does that work? Did Leaf just out bid panini on that rookie? didn't think company can still do that. I mean UD has lebron's exclusive signing i thought because it was deal done before UD lost their license.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
I surprised that leaf can sign Bradley Beal to exclusive signing? Doesn't panini hold the only NBA license? How does that work? Did Leaf just out bid panini on that rookie? didn't think company can still do that. I mean UD has lebron's exclusive signing i thought because it was deal done before UD lost their license.
Leaf has the draft exclusive rights. This means only Panini can get his autograph in an NBA jersey, and only leaf can get get his autograph on non NBA liscenced products.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley24 View Post
Leaf has the draft exclusive rights. This means only Panini can get his autograph in an NBA jersey, and only leaf can get get his autograph on non NBA liscenced products.
I think this is one of he reasons I like this product. I am starting a Damian Lillard PC and without Panini over producing his cards they will hold/generate more. Let's see the value of the 100+ 2012/13 Anthony Davis cards sell for in five years vs. Beal or Lillard.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jin

Depends on the price, but according to the sell sheets they are going to have some sweet patch autos!

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
I think this is one of he reasons I like this product. I am starting a Damian Lillard PC and without Panini over producing his cards they will hold/generate more. Let's see the value of the 100+ 2012/13 Anthony Davis cards sell for in five years vs. Beal or Lillard.
I too will be PCing Damian Lillard. And that is why I am very excited for this to come out. Haven't seen what the cards look like yet but if it has Damian Lillard on it, I'm game.
Bucket:http://s1053.photobucket.com/albums/s461/joceltics34/
joceltics34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

How much is a box going to cost?
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
Depends on the price, but according to the sell sheets they are going to have some sweet patch autos!
At $80 per box of five cards I won't complain too much. I think the first week on eBay should yield pretty amazing PC cards because I don't see too much immediate collector following when the product is initially released. So picking up singles when the product first releases may yield amazing results.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joceltics34 View Post
I too will be PCing Damian Lillard. And that is why I am very excited for this to come out. Haven't seen what the cards look like yet but if it has Damian Lillard on it, I'm game.
As long as they look better than Best of Basketball base autographs I will be happy, but I too haven't seen any previews of the product yet.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
You are confused. Leaf has the "draft pick rights" to those guys. This means if cards without NBA or NCAA logos are your thing you want to buy Leaf. If you like NBA logos he WILL be in Panini in NBA gear. If you prefer NCAA attire, buy Upper Deck.

This product for $16 an autograph in my opinion will be a dud. Time will tell, but I dont see any value at $16 a signature for the consumer. Good luck.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
You are confused. Leaf has the "draft pick rights" to those guys. This means if cards without NBA or NCAA logos are your thing you want to buy Leaf. If you like NBA logos he WILL be in Panini in NBA gear. If you prefer NCAA attire, buy Upper Deck.

This product for $16 an autograph in my opinion will be a dud. Time will tell, but I dont see any value at $16 a signature for the consumer. Good luck.
Yes that is true, however, Panini nor Upper Deck have contracts with Lillard and several other rookies so there is no guarantee that anyone other than Leaf will release autographed Lillard rookie cards. Panini already released those 2012/13 rookie exclusive that they have and Lillard is not on the list so the only cards being released by Panini this year are solely base, inserts, or parallels. This is the reason all of the 2012/13 XRC cards are not autographed like the 2011/12 rookies XRC.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

When they say "This means LEAF is the only draft pick company to feature these future household names, including Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard and MORE!"

I take it to mean that Panini or Upper Deck will not have products with these rookie autos in them. If thats not what it means, they thats very misleading.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
When they say "This means LEAF is the only draft pick company to feature these future household names, including Bradley Beal, Damian Lillard and MORE!"

I take it to mean that Panini or Upper Deck will not have products with these rookie autos in them. If thats not what it means, they thats very misleading.
That is my understanding as well. No player is required to sign with Panini just because they are the official card manufacturer.
Old 08-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #19 (permalink)

I like the concept but I cannot justify paying $80-100 for a pack of cards that was just printed the other day. I will however look for cheap singles by trade or purchase on the bay.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

To all those curious on the design I found a sell sheet-

http://www.allsportsmarketing.net/fe..._SELLSHEET.pdf
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

THe big downside is the that every player with an auto will be in plain clothes or blanked out jersey logos. No players in uniform. Unless they do a buy back series within the product.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

hopfully Vince Carter is in it
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Other than the Pippen auto patches the rest of the product seems average at best.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Is anyone interested in a hit draft case break of this product? I am considering putting a break up of this product
Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hester72598 View Post
Is anyone interested in a hit draft case break of this product? I am considering putting a break up of this product
I definetly would