Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default what to do if the post office delivered to the wrong address?

I was suppose to receive a card today but the post office made a huge mistake by delivering it to the wrong apartment number. Is there anything I can do, when in fact I have proof they ship to the wrong address. Will they refund my money that I lost on the card if they cant find it?
roboteck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Go to the address it was delivered to and ask for your package. They have no right to open your mail or even accept it if it was signed for.

Just be nice about it though, most people will give it to you.

Going through the post office will be a nightmare trust me.

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

How do you know it was delivered to the wrong address?
Mistaduma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaduma View Post
How do you know it was delivered to the wrong address?
Because I have proof from the delivery signature confirmation of someone signing my name and putting the wrong address in the address of recipient line. I cant believe the mailman/women didnt even check for ID. This really shock me.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah I had a Bobby Hull auto it was "dlvd" on Jul 11 as the tracking number stated, however I never received it needless to say after going to the PO them saying well it says "dvld" so #@#@#@#@ off lol, my neighbor asks me on a Sunday July 21st if I am missing a package?

Long story short I got it in great condition but the PO was no help...
Birdmandig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Mailmen aren't required to check ID. Ebay/paypal aren't going to help you. If the seller insured the package, he will have to file the USPS claim. You can't.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

All I can say is the USPS sucks. I cant see why they cant ID someone before they deliver a package that a require signature. The sad thing is that the neighbor that they gave it to is a lady so how the heck can she sign for me? no wonder USPS is laying so many jobs off because some of their employees are dumba$$. Before I accuse my neighbor of stealing my package I need the mailman/women to give me some information.

Last edited by roboteck99; 08-16-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I don't understand why they would sign your name unless they had the intention of stealing your package.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboteck99 View Post
All I can say is the USPS sucks. I cant see why they cant ID someone before they deliver a package that a require signature. The sad thing is that the neighbor that they gave it to is a lady so how the heck can she sign for me? no wonder USPS is laying so many jobs off because some of their employees are dumb a$$es. Before I accuse my neighbor of stealing my package I need the mailman/women to give me some information.
I actually work for the post office as a carrier.... No one is actually being laid off, it's in our union contract. They're just eliminating positions as people retire, offering early retirement, and consolidating routes and rural post offices.

Signature confirmation only requires a signature, what it does is prevent the carrier from leaving it at your front door or putting it into the parcel locker. The carrier is only required to obtain a signature.

What you're thinking of is "restricted" delivery where only the person it is addressed to can sign for it. ID is required for this, doesn't matter if they've delivered to your house everyday for the past 20 years. This does cost extra though.

Last edited by Mistaduma; 08-16-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I actually work for the post office as a carrier.... No one is actually being laid off, it's in our union contract. They're just eliminating positions as people retire, offering early retirement, and consolidating routes and rural post offices.

Signature confirmation only requires a signature, what it does is prevent the carrier from leaving it at your front door or putting it into the parcel locker. The carrier is only required to obtain a signature.

What you're thinking of is "restricted" delivery where only the person it is addressed to can sign for it. ID is required for this, doesn't matter if they've delivered to your house everyday for the past 20 years. This does cost extra though.
So can you explain why the PO delivered to the wrong address in the first place? You explained everything else so explain how someone can deliver to a completely different address and sign for a package that ISN'T theirs...
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

human error
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

It's happened to me before. I printed out the DC info from the USPS website and caught up to the mailman. He retraced his steps and found the package a few doors down. TALK TO YOUR MAILMAN AND HAVE THE INFO IN HAND !!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
So can you explain why the PO delivered to the wrong address in the first place? You explained everything else so explain how someone can deliver to a completely different address and sign for a package that ISN'T theirs...
Sure, that's actually two different questions involving two different people though.

How did it get delivered to the wrong address?

1) The delivery address was wrong, it happens

2) The shipping label got smudged so parts of it was not legible.

3) There was no apartment number on label. This happens ALL the time. I literally see this everyday

4) The mailman just spazzed out and delivered to the wrong address

Why did the OP's neighbor sign for it?

1) Neighbor didn't look at the label. Most people don't, when the mailman says "Hi I just need a signature for this parcel." People will just sign without much thought

2) Neighbor did know it wasn't theirs and still signed for it

Last edited by Mistaduma; 08-16-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

The OP said the signer signed the OPs name.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Well then it's a bit of both. Mailman spazzed and neighbor took it or shipping label is bad and neighbor took it.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:03 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Well then it's a bit of both. Mailman spazzed and neighbor took it or shipping label is bad and neighbor took it.
I just have a problem with lack of accountability on the PO and the mail carriers part. This has happened to me recently as well and the I've been SOL and lost $195 because of incompetence. And yes the address was right, I live in a house not apartment, and I have an uncommon name.
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

human error. well all i know this is going to cost the post office a pretty penny. because that bs. and i have the proof to prove it.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:16 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
human error. well all i know this is going to cost the post office a pretty penny. because that bs. and i have the proof to prove it.
How is it going to cost them a pretty penny? Did you have insurance? Proof of what? That your neighbor signed for your package in your name?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #19 (permalink)

If you know where the package is why are you getting you're panties in a wad? Grow a pair,take the proof you have over to the address you supposedly have and nicely ask for your package, if you have no luck then go to the PO with your proof and get it settled. Man how old are you,10?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #20 (permalink)

proof that they did not ship it to the right address. and the post man f*** up big time. and what if i go to my neighbor and they play dumb. i cant search their home? come on now, if you get a package open it up see a kobe bryant autograph are you going to give it back or keep it? for all i know i might as well kiss the kobe autograph good bye. again USPS sucks a$$!!!!

Last edited by roboteck99; 08-16-2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
If you know where the package is why are you getting you're panties in a wad? Grow a pair,take the proof you have over to the address you supposedly have and nicely ask for your package, if you have no luck then go to the PO with your proof and get it settled. Man how old are you,10?
I totally feel for the OP, I really do. It sucks to not have your package, mine was suck in transit for a good 3 weeks. Turns out it was in a seemingly empty container down in LA for a while.

iBLeeDBaTTLeReD does bring up a good point. Why sit here and make a forum post when you can just go knock on the door and ask nicely for the parcel?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #22 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Just read the second reply to this post

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:47 AM   #23 (permalink)

Im going to fight this until the end, and I am going to make the post man pay for his error so he wouldnt do it again to someone else, because if your unsure dont ship it.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:48 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Im going to fight this until the end, and I am going to make the post man pay for his error so he wouldnt do it again to someone else, because if your unsure dont ship it.

by doing what exactly?
Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #25 (permalink)

by making a claim and going threw all the managers and upper management at the post office to let them know how poor this employee perform and making sure he gets what coming for him.