Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Angry Ebay seller mini-sea

Have had positive experiences with him in the past. Probably the card I've been most excited to get over the past couple weeks and it shows up with this huge dent on the front. Was in a magnetic so there's no way it would've happened during shipping. Not only do I not want a damaged card, I'm going to be out $50 in shipping costs(will PayPal force them to refund original shipping + return shipping?). Pretty crappy not to list this in the title, and sell the card as Nm-mt. It's nowhere to be found on the scan in the original listing, so I'm thinking someone dropped it when sending it out....either that or it just doesn't show up with a scanner.

Attached Thumbnails
Ebay seller mini-sea-jerrywestdamage.jpg  
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Wow...I thought I was just unluvky like last June I bought a 1/1 auto from him and it arrived in a magnetic too and the card was acually like folded in half because of the creases. I thought I was just unlucky...
my_onni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Did you contact the seller?

Paypal and ebay will cover you and he has to refund the entire amount, including shipping. You just have to pay return shipping and make sure its trackable

ALBUM http://www.finalsmvp.com/
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sent him a message a few hrs ago. Good to hear...will probably send it back express just to be safe.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Did you contact the seller?

Paypal and ebay will cover you and he has to refund the entire amount, including shipping. You just have to pay return shipping and make sure its trackable
That is the problem. It's going to cost quite a bit to return the card over seas safely.

I went through this about six months ago when an international seller sent me a card with a huge dent in it. I am very leery to buy cards internationally any more. You pretty much have to ask yourself, before you bid, if you are willing to spend $35 to return the card if it's damaged when you get it.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

i bought one card from him...it came back altered (there was coloring on a limited logo). I too had to pay for return shipping. he relisted the card and never mentioned the coloring (which was obvious upon return) and it sold for more than I paid for it
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

At this point im hoping for a full refund +the orig shipping. Sent back express. Should i go ahead and open a ebay dispute even though hes communicated well with me?
Old 08-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #8 (permalink)

I had a bad experience from this seller for shipment. The auction is a BGS card. I paid the shipping charge is $7 but he use by ship.... WTF X1
And I wait almost 26-28days for this shipment.... WTF X2
Most angry is the BGS with normal protection for shipment....the BGS card holder was break when I got it! .\/. WTF X3
No reply message before I open unpaid case. WTF X4
koube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

how does one seller screw up so many cards/transactions
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

i bought a card 3 weeks ago2009/10 Exquisite Michael Jordan & Lebron James 6Clr Dual Patch Auto 19/23 it came in with a bunch of crease like someone ran the card with a bike.. i asked for a refund, mini-sea said it was a friends card and that he had to wait till his friend comes back from vacation to get the funds.. i waited for a week. than mini-sea told me to send the card to his U.S. address.. i checked with paypal to see if thats ok since the card was shipped from china.. PAYPAL told me it was ok because that address was connect ed to the same person .. so i shipped it out to his U.S. address.. now that mini-sea got me running around in circle and its been 3 weeks and no refunds yet ..so i filed a dispute on through ebay.. Im just waiting now for my refund which i hope he will refund me... ive bought and sold through him many times before his email is kingjames6@yahoo.cn and his ebay account is mini-sea .. this is the worst experiance i had ever went through in my 10 years in this hobby.. guys please be aware!!
f1element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

hes a good guy see if u can make a damage claim
Hoopdreams69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1element View Post
i bought a card 3 weeks ago2009/10 Exquisite Michael Jordan & Lebron James 6Clr Dual Patch Auto 19/23 it came in with a bunch of crease like someone ran the card with a bike.. i asked for a refund, mini-sea said it was a friends card and that he had to wait till his friend comes back from vacation to get the funds.. i waited for a week. than mini-sea told me to send the card to his U.S. address.. i checked with paypal to see if thats ok since the card was shipped from china.. PAYPAL told me it was ok because that address was connect ed to the same person .. so i shipped it out to his U.S. address.. now that mini-sea got me running around in circle and its been 3 weeks and no refunds yet ..so i filed a dispute on through ebay.. Im just waiting now for my refund which i hope he will refund me... ive bought and sold through him many times before his email is kingjames6@yahoo.cn and his ebay account is mini-sea .. this is the worst experiance i had ever went through in my 10 years in this hobby.. guys please be aware!!
I received the card already and I think what he told you is all true. I'd rather believe it happened during shipping. There is no reason to sell you a card like that just to try to screw you over.
the34truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

For so many times I was tempted to bid on one of his auctions....
After seeing comments by you all here, I feel fortunate not to bid on any of his cards.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

The seller is a good guy, and probably the biggest consignment seller in China. He sold cards through thousands of transactions, there are bound to be some unsatisfying transactions. And people tend to pile in their complaints in a thread like this, making it seem worse than it really is, and it's really unfair for a good reputable seller.

f1element, from my understanding, card was in good condition before being sent, after being told the card has creases and dents, the seller took the loss and has graciously honored return without much hassles and without going through dispute, why being such ungrateful. A quick google shows this:

Warning f1element scam!

Not try to start controversy, but every story has two sides, and no one is perfect. No need to take kindness in gesture and stab in the back.

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopdreams69 View Post
hes a good guy see if u can make a damage claim
Apparantly, hes not that good of a guy, lol, are you minsea??

I mean seriously
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #16 (permalink)

Dammit. Mini-Sea has a card I really want but now I'm hesitant on bidding on one of his auctions due to this thread. I do wonder, however, how his feedback remains at 100% despite all the issues you guys have expressed.
MoezTavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Sounds like a shady seller if it's happened this many times....sorry man! I hope you get refunded!
enjoipanda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

I have only had positive experiences with this seller. I have purchased around 10 - 20 cards from him during the last 7 years and it worked out very well all the time!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
A quick google shows this:

Warning f1element scam!

Not try to start controversy, but every story has two sides, and no one is perfect. No need to take kindness in gesture and stab in the back.
Looks like mini sea is being taken advantage of if the other thread is true.

I've purchased from minisea several dozen times over the years. I can't remember any adverse transactions.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Looks like mini sea is being taken advantage of if the other thread is true.

I've purchased from minisea several dozen times over the years. I can't remember any adverse transactions.
Tell me about it. This guy, f1element, has a documented history of receiving card with condition satisfied at that time, then two weeks later after failing to sell the card, he claimed the card is in a much worse condition than the original seller knows it is and picture shows. If this is not bull$hit or shady, I don't know what it is.

The seller takes the loss from this BS, and graciously agreed to take the card back and issue refund after receiving the card without going through paypal dispute. But he then bumped an old non-relevant thread and tried to damage the seller's reputation. Just like the old saying, the the guy who did wrong sues first.

I suggest any sellers dealing this guy be careful, grade and guard your card first before sending it over.

No decent human will backstab an unconditionally nice gesture. How low can one go? Really? Have to vent, sorry.

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!

Last edited by spinotron; 05-16-2013 at 10:37 AM.
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #21 (permalink)

I've bought a couple cards from him...Everything was all good....Would buy again!

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Thank you mini-sea for refunding me the full amount.. I was frustrated that it took so long to get the refund. But Danny kept his word refunded the money and everything is all good.. I wish the card was in good condition when it came in, that way there's no hassle. but if it arrived and there's bunch of creases in the front and back of the card, keep in mind too that the holder wasn't even cracked.. would you want to return the card or keep it?? Im not accusing mini-sea of sending it out like that, im just saying when it got to me it was bang up condition.. Mini-Sea kept his words refunded me the money and im happy!! thank you Danny !! Ive done business with mini-sea many times this is the fist transaction that went wrong , but we solved it..

here is the pics of the card if anyone that wants to see the card

Mobile Photobucket
f1element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #23 (permalink)

mini-sea is a great seller. I have bought cards from him in the past w/o incidents. He is a legit member, imo.
Note: I prefer not to ship internationally, due to highly morbid USPS s/h costs.
sotexcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
Tell me about it. This guy, f1element, has a documented history of receiving card with condition satisfied at that time, then two weeks later after failing to sell the card, he claimed the card is in a much worse condition than the original seller knows it is and picture shows. If this is not bull$hit or shady, I don't know what it is.

The seller takes the loss from this BS, and graciously agreed to take the card back and issue refund after receiving the card without going through paypal dispute. But he then bumped an old non-relevant thread and tried to damage the seller's reputation. Just like the old saying, the the guy who did wrong sues first.

I suggest any sellers dealing this guy be careful, grade and guard your card first before sending it over.

No decent human will backstab an unconditionally nice gesture. How low can one go? Really? Have to vent, sorry.
I agreed to a price with f1 on that card and he dissapeared and ignored all of my messages after that. Would have been nice to at least get an explanation.