Blowout Cards Forums
Sport Card Album

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
While UD did make a LOT of products with some horrible stickers, the 'everyone can own an MJ auto' bit is a little different - because it's clearly just milking what they have left, and not many people are that interested in a college uniform MJ auto.

I just picked up a gorgeous Panini card. Except that it's football, not basketball...
So, it's ok for UD to put MJ in every product but not ok for Panini to put Kobe in theirs? If I remember correctly, MJ was in every single UD product. Not to mention he was on stickers a lot of the time. Yet it's not ok for Panini to put Kobe in every product? Even when they are all on card? How does that make sense.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNets24 View Post
So, it's ok for UD to put MJ in every product but not ok for Panini to put Kobe in theirs? If I remember correctly, MJ was in every single UD product. Not to mention he was on stickers a lot of the time. Yet it's not ok for Panini to put Kobe in every product? Even when they are all on card? How does that make sense.
Well if you're talking about before 2009, Jordans were a lot harder to come by. If you're talking about after 2009, then as I said they're just using their only asset and pumping out something to try to make money, but something that people don't desire. Different financially positioned companies.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #253 (permalink)

Other than TC and Prizm, did Panini have any good products this year?
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #254 (permalink)

one reason why i hate them (if it hasnt already been mentioned) is that they simply create better products for football & hockey than basketball. look at the first year of gold standard RCs of NFL vs NBA. look at this year's NFL prizm with 1/1s vs the NBA prizm. look at dominion hockey designs vs NBA NT designs. ETCCCCCCCCCC
Old 01-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #255 (permalink)

very gd pts

seriously, certified wasn't really that gd either
Old 01-14-2013, 12:19 AM   #256 (permalink)

only thing i dislike are the sticker auto that goes for ud products too
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
one reason why i hate them (if it hasnt already been mentioned) is that they simply create better products for football & hockey than basketball. look at the first year of gold standard RCs of NFL vs NBA. look at this year's NFL prizm with 1/1s vs the NBA prizm. look at dominion hockey designs vs NBA NT designs. ETCCCCCCCCCC
Their football is way better. I kinda like their baseball too. They have a monopoly though, whay can you do.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #258 (permalink)

mod delete

Last edited by mrmojorisin71; 01-14-2013 at 01:02 AM.
mrmojorisin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #259 (permalink)

prizm is the chinese knockoff of topps chrome, honestly that would be an insult to topps. Panini just used a concept that hasnt been done on the basketball end for a few years, however the product isnt even in the same league. I also find it sort of dumb that basketball collectors would pay 86 to 500 for a non rookie parallel....you dont typically see that with football....i mean 86 for a 7th year Lamarcus Alridge printed to 10 is just plain silly. Panini knows the consumers desperation for a mediocre to decent product and theyve exploited it with t, and this prizm crap long live topps chrome.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
Other than TC and Prizm, did Panini have any good products this year?
Way to bump a month old thread - nice job guy. WAY TO GO!!!!
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:11 AM   #261 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmojorisin71 View Post
prizm is the chinese knockoff of topps chrome, honestly that would be an insult to topps. Panini just used a concept that hasnt been done on the basketball end for a few years, however the product isnt even in the same league. I also find it sort of dumb that basketball collectors would pay 86 to 500 for a non rookie parallel....you dont typically see that with football....i mean 86 for a 7th year Lamarcus Alridge printed to 10 is just plain silly. Panini knows the consumers desperation for a mediocre to decent product and theyve exploited it with t, and this prizm crap long live topps chrome.
IMO I think the cards are probably better than Topps Chrome. They aren't all bowed for one, the designs are nice and there aren't 50 different parallels of each card.
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #262 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
IMO I think the cards are probably better than Topps Chrome. They aren't all bowed for one, the designs are nice and there aren't 50 different parallels of each card.
and thats how they suck you in. also parallels are the point...hence paying an absurd amount for a brian scalabrine gold refractor
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #263 (permalink)
jj2

Quote:
and thats how they suck you in. also parallels are the point...hence paying an absurd amount for a brian scalabrine gold refractor
What???
jj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #264 (permalink)

sarcasm, like i said basketball collectors are desperate for something cool and topps originated the coolnesss that is chrome, a nostalgoc feel and panini is capitalizing with sticker autos and refractor parallels....red headed step child product...hell topps chrome has on card andrew luck and rg3 autos tooo
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 AM   #265 (permalink)

vvvvvvvvvvvvv
Old 01-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Prizm is just like Topps Chrome basically and isn't all that great really. That's why I bumped this thread up is because since I started this thread in August IMO the only two decent products so far this year are Totally Certified and Prizm, and those two are only average really. People were so excited for Prizm just because it was finally a decent product, but it wasn't that great really. I am no longer buying boxes or cases in basketball, it just isn't worth it. Panini needs to make better products in basketball, but do they need to since the have exclusive rights.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacGWYNN19 View Post
Way to bump a month old thread - nice job guy. WAY TO GO!!!!
My self worth just went down. You would have a very valid point if it was a month old BST thread or an outdated thread, but this is a thread I started about Panini and why they are so unpopular with basketball card collectors. I want to know what people think about this years products and I didn't want to start a new thread.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #268 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
I just want to see what people on here think about Panini and why most people are not fans of Panini.
I miss Topps Chrome Basketball.

#1 reason.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:21 AM   #269 (permalink)

Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #270 (permalink)
Banned

since you are showing up an 05 bowman set, I wanted to show off the best rc ref auto set from bowman

Gold ref auto rc /5

Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #271 (permalink)

Bowman Chrome was the sh!t!!

Man I wonder if any boxes of the stuff are still available...