Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
I feel the same way about their memorabilia cards. They basically leave it up to your imagination what they are authenticating the memorabilia to be.

You are also right about them sitting on live redemptions. I purchased a redemption online because I knew the card was live. I redeemed it and waited a month before calling them. Then I got an attitude from one of their workers telling me to read the redemption card which states I have to wait 6-8 weeks. I asked if that applied to live cards as well and she said yes, but couldn't explain why. They are clearly just slow and lazy. I then waited four more months before calling again only to find out the card I had been waiting on was damaged. I wonder how long I would have waited before they would have contacted me if I hadn't called again. Years probably.

After all that, I then had to go round about with them trying to stiff me on a replacement.

I think this shows that they need to update their entire system. If a redemption is live/the cards are in the building, the system should be updated. That way all outstanding redemptions will be filled and any new card redeemed will be able to shipped out right away. It seems every company out there is working on a terrible redemption service.
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNets24 View Post
I think this shows that they need to update their entire system. If a redemption is live/the cards are in the building, the system should be updated. That way all outstanding redemptions will be filled and any new card redeemed will be able to shipped out right away. It seems every company out there is working on a terrible redemption service.
Every company except for Press Pass. I have consistently had great redemption experiences with them for whatever reason.

As for the sitting on live cards thing, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one this has happened to. It's happened to me at least 4 times already.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

when you open a $800 plus case and the best card you can pull is a kobe auto that will sell for like $110. yeah its crap...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
when you open a $800 plus case and the best card you can pull is a kobe auto that will sell for like $110. yeah its crap...
I agree that cases suck!

However, I believe Panini products are best when you buy a single box... you have a chance at something great. But if you buy a whole case don't expect to get your money back.

I think Panini is not targeting people who buy whole cases, but the individual who buys a box. After all, they're not all addicts out there....... haha jk

But most people would buy a box imo and they have a great chance like any other.

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I agree that cases suck!

However, I believe Panini products are best when you buy a single box... you have a chance at something great. But if you buy a whole case don't expect to get your money back.

I think Panini is not targeting people who buy whole cases, but the individual who buys a box. After all, they're not all addicts out there....... haha jk

But most people would buy a box imo and they have a great chance like any other.
I understand what you are saying.

To me if I am going to break a box or case there has to be a chance at pulling something worth more then I'm spending. Even if its 1:1000 there needs to be a chance. haha
Old 08-28-2012, 11:20 PM   #56 (permalink)

Only read the title, my answer is simple
Before they got the exclusive license, the basketball hobby actually existed. Now, they charge 68 for two $hit autos, no numbered inserts, and bad design.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I understand what you are saying.

To me if I am going to break a box or case there has to be a chance at pulling something worth more then I'm spending. Even if its 1:1000 there needs to be a chance. haha
Yes I agree, but isn't there a great chance for any product when buying it by the box?

Take Preferred as an example. A $200 which has a chance at a $8,000 to $10,000 Kobe Silhouettes Prime, and other very high dollar cards! So a $200 a chance sounds great to me.

Sure if it's one of those youtube addicts that must break an entire case then you're asking for trouble HAHA. Buying a case is just silly imo unless of course you're doing a box break, where everybody has a great shot for a cheap price each.

I LOVE Panini Preferred but never would I buy an entire case. Maybe, just maybe i'd try a box, but i'm not really a box/case breaker, i'd rather stick with singles. I'm not that brave.

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:04 AM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yes I agree, but isn't there a great chance for any product when buying it by the box?

Take Preferred as an example. A $200 which has a chance at a $8,000 to $10,000 Kobe Silhouettes Prime, and other very high dollar cards! So a $200 a chance sounds great.
Hilarious? When has a Kobe Silhouette ever sold for $8,000-10,000? NEVER.

Way to over hype and over state prices of cards you like. The exact same thing you complain that people do with Exquisites on a daily basis.

You are a hypocrite in more ways than one.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:

Take Preferred as an example. A $200 which has a chance at a $8,000 to $10,000 Kobe Silhouettes Prime, and other very high dollar cards! So a $200 a chance sounds great to me.

Sure if it's one of those youtube addicts that must break an entire case then you're asking for trouble HAHA. Buying a case is just silly imo unless of course you're doing a box break, where everybody has a great shot for a cheap price each.

I LOVE Panini Preferred but never would I buy an entire case. Maybe, just maybe i'd try a box, but i'm not really a box/case breaker, i'd rather stick with singles. I'm not that brave.
When have Kobe Silhouette Primes sold for 8-10k??? You're not pumping up Panini prices are you....
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #60 (permalink)

anyone who thinks panini are bad for holding derrick rose 1/1 and not inserted it in the product should check what Topps just did with bryce harper red refractor auto in the baseball forum.

well basically all cards company are bad but panini stands more because they have NBA license, basketball card is the worst in terms of value than all the other major sports.

you can check with donruss elite, both basketball and baseball have similar products but in baseball people called it have second best value after Bowman products but in basketball it doesn't generate hobby love at all except for blake rc auto.
T3sT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #61 (permalink)

Drool gallery.....

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #62 (permalink)

I like Panini overall, but I know there are some rubbish designs in their range!

I don't have a problem with anyone having their own opinion on Panini, but I do find it a bit annoying when they publicly bash EVERY Panini card and clearly don't form an opinion on each set/release individually.

As far as value in a box?? When I got back into collecting (09/10) after a 10 + break, I started busting 09/10 Upper Deck, being a decent starter box for $50 a piece. This release has hot boxes falling 1 in 4, so 3 per case. I opened 10 boxes in total and didn't get 1 hot box! I know about averages and I am by no means complaining about the way they were packed out, more just about how bad my luck was. I even saw someone buy 2 boxes in a row after I had just opened one, and BOTH of theirs were hot boxes.

Out of the 10 boxes I opened, I never pulled any SP autos from the Sig Collection set either! Just the scrubs!

So that goes to show that other brands offer little or no value for money on boxes sometimes too!

I have had some pretty good luck with Panini boxes, overall I would have busted around 30 boxes from a variety of releases and managed to get good hits from around 40-50% of them! Maybe not enough to recover the box cost in most cases, but I am a set collector and I also get value out of the inserts and SP's that are in them too, which is what most people forget!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:21 AM   #63 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

No Jordan, No Lebron, yet they price the same as products that did have them.

Makes no sense whatsoever

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #64 (permalink)

my opinion is, in NT when your asking $400+ pey box the only sticker that should be in the box is the one keeping the box closed, also they have turned a Kobe auto from a special pull to sometimes 2 in 1 box! i care nothing about the value of the cards i have falling in price but i find 90% of paninis designs ugly and cheap looking...

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/brentus777/library/For%20Sale%20or%20Trade?sort=6&page=1
brentus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

I like NT RPA's, so I like Panini. Everything else sucks, besides Silhouette Primes and Totally Certified. I wonder what an Anthony Davis would fetch, if he had a Rookie Year Silhouette Prime? Would that be considered a better Rookie, then lets say his NT RPA?....

Last edited by puregreen5; 08-29-2012 at 07:29 AM.
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

I like NT RPA's, so I like Panini. Everything else sucks, besides Silhouette Primes and Totally Certified. I wonder what an Anthony Davis would fetch, if he had a Rookie Year Silhouette Prime? Would that be considered a better Rookie, then lets say his NT RPA?....

Last edited by puregreen5; 08-29-2012 at 07:29 AM.
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
No Jordan, No Lebron, yet they price the same as products that did have them.

Makes no sense whatsoever
People complain about them putting out too many Kobe autos, yet nobody says anything about UD pumping out MJ and Bron autos. Does it make it ok because its MJ? Nobody seems to mention that almost every Kobe auto is on card. UD had a ton of MJ sticker autos, yet nobody mentions that?
NJNets24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
People complain about them putting out too many Kobe autos, yet nobody says anything about UD pumping out MJ and Bron autos. Does it make it ok because its MJ? Nobody seems to mention that almost every Kobe auto is on card. UD had a ton of MJ sticker autos, yet nobody mentions that?
They may argue that Upper Deck only does a handful of releases a year to put LeBron and Jordan in while Panini has upwards of 10 to 12 products to put Kobe in. They might also argue that Panini has various subset Kobe autos in one product (like a Gold Standard) while Upper Deck has one, maybe two, different LeBron or Jordan autos in a product that I am aware of (like SP Authentic). Overall I would agree with those that say a Kobe auto is very watered down compared to a LeBron or Jordan auto.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
kobe has like a million panini autos.

ud released jordan autos but not to the crazy extent panini has done with kobe.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
How can you even make that comparison?? Panini puts out close to 2000 kobe autos in 10-11 Gold Standard... that is ONE product!!!! when have you seen 2000 lebron or MJ autos in one product?? or combined...!!! UD probably doesn't even put out 2000 MJ autos in one season...

WAKE UP!!!!
wegoingsizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #71 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
How can you even make that comparison?? Panini puts out close to 2000 kobe autos in 10-11 Gold Standard... that is ONE product!!!! when have you seen 2000 lebron or MJ autos in one product?? or combined...!!! UD probably doesn't even put out 2000 MJ autos in one season...

WAKE UP!!!!
Doesn't the collecting world desire Kobe autos? Panini answers the request and the community is upset?

Make up your mind.

I like David Robinson autographed cards. The more the better. If one appears in every pack then I would be happy.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Doesn't the collecting world desire Kobe autos? Panini answers the request and the community is upset?

Make up your mind.

I like David Robinson autographed cards. The more the better. If one appears in every pack then I would be happy.
I was merely debunking the statement from the previous poster about MJ autos. More Kobe auto the better, it is good for all people to enjoy...

But when you pay over $200 per box, you would think that the content will have some value... If they want to flood the market with kobe auto's for everyone's enjoyment (right..) then make the box $100... like leaf did with Pete Rose... guarantee an KOBE auto in every box...
Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #73 (permalink)

Simple question... which card you like better... which card is worth more

Both cards are from top of the line product from each company... both are jumbo jersey...

Exquisite - $245
NT - $15 at most

Granted NT is #'d 99 and Exquisite is #'d 25... but look at the difference...
Attached Thumbnails
Why do people hate Panini so much?-kobe-exquisite.jpg   Why do people hate Panini so much?-kobe-nt.jpg  

Last edited by wegoingsizzler; 08-29-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post

Make up your mind.

I find this hard to believe. haha
Old 08-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Simple question... which card you like better... which card is worth more

Both cards are from top of the line product from each company... both are jumbo jersey...

Exquisite - $245
NT - $15 at most

Granted NT is #'d 99 and Exquisite is #'d 25... but look at the difference...
You also have to take into account that NT is a 'current' product too! So there isn't the fear of them becoming rarer!