Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #176 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
Perhaps you could provide a list of all the Panini releases that have dropped by this much?



Doubtful.
I will enlighten you... You're welcome...
3 box break of the New Prizm GOLD

AS said above will drop 30-35%....

Products down 30% or more from MAPP and/or costi could do a ton in baseball and football but wont)
11/12 Gold Standard
11/12 Hoops
12/13 Hoops
10/11 Classics
10/11 Contenders
11/12 Limited
11/12 Past and Present
10/11 Elite Black Box
12/13 Prestige down to $70 by the case.
Thanks
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #177 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,975
Default

10-11 would be even lower too if it weren't for Linsanity
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 AM   #178 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,455
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshues View Post
They have value if you're smart about it (i.e. quit while you're ahead). That's how I've pulled 2 Kobe Autos, a John Wall RC Auto /25, and an Anthony Davis RC Auto for very reasonable prices.

Panini CS is great if you call them and ask for the right people, I got a Derrick Anderon crap rookie auto replaced with a Kevin Love GS Jersey Auto. You just have to know how to work their system.

Just wait for Absolute/TT/[NT?] to come out, then tell me there aren't any huge hits.

1. Okay I'm pretty sure nobody has any idea what you're talking about, I've seen this complaint posted at least 3 times now. I'm pretty confident these are in fact photographs.
https://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...ni-basketball/

2. Panini stopped making the cutouts for stickers. See 11-12 Gold Standard.

3. Yeah, this was a problem with some on-card autos, then they fixed it.
09-10: KOBE BRYANT AUTOGRAPH G/U JSY 09-10 PRESTIGE PROS # 34/100 AUTO. AU | eBay

10-11: KOBE BRYANT 10-11 ABSOLUTE STAR GAZING PATCH/AUTO 07/25 | eBay

I haven't seen any of these sticker issues, but this proves that Panini acknowledges that a blue auto has to be on a bright surface, so if there is an issue, anticipate it to be fixed in upcoming products. I haven't seen anything bad though.

4. Yeah okay so that's just not true, different images are used in every product (maybe a couple exceptions, I'd like to see them if they exist)

5. Agree with this

6. People buy it, it makes money. Plus I love having variety. Also, Panini's high end products haven't been released yet, so it's not really fair to say they don't have any good products.

7. Same thing, it's early in their 11-12 releases so they're keeping things at lower value to make the 1/1's released in higher end products that much more valuable.



I'm not trying to say Panini is perfect, but you don't give them enough credit.


Cartoon looking photos = OVER edited, these images are poorly printed and look like newspaper quality.



Horrible auto sticker, cant imagine how ugly that card is in person

Have they cut out the cut windowed autos? NOPE



As much as people like to defend panini, fact is my points are all correct. And they never improved
__________________
http://www.finalsmvp.com/

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #179 (permalink)
jj2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I will enlighten you... You're welcome...
3 box break of the New Prizm GOLD

AS said above will drop 30-35%....
No, actually you said 35-40%...

Quote:
Products down 30% or more from MAPP and/or costi could do a ton in baseball and football but wont)
Where in the basketball forum so I'm not really interested in baseball or football.

Quote:
11/12 Gold Standard
11/12 Hoops
12/13 Hoops
10/11 Classics
10/11 Contenders
11/12 Limited
11/12 Past and Present
10/11 Elite Black Box
12/13 Prestige down to $70 by the case.
Thanks
11/12 Gold Standard: Currently ~$160, a 20% decrease from MAPP
10/11 Classics: Currently ~$72, a 25-30% decrease
10/11 Contenders: Currently ~$82 (wasn't this around $100 a box at launch?)
11/12 Limited: Currently $80, 20% decrease
11/12 Past and Present: Currently ~$75, 25% decrease
10/11 Elite BB: Currently ~$188, (wasn't this about $250 a box? If so, that's about a 25% difference).

I'll give you Hoops etc. but your moving the goal posts with Prestige "by the case".

I'm not seeing much that meets your 35-40% target.

Last edited by jj2; 11-28-2012 at 12:19 AM.
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #180 (permalink)
jj2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Cartoon looking photos = OVER edited, these images are poorly printed and look like newspaper quality.
Your basing you judgement of the print quality based on that crappy scan?

Last edited by jj2; 11-28-2012 at 12:17 AM.
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #181 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,455
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
Your basing you judgement of the print quality based on this crappy scan?
Obviously the quality of the images Panini uses. Its all over edited, some players dont even look realistic

Look at any UD or Topps images, they used actual pictures that look REAL
__________________
http://www.finalsmvp.com/

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:20 AM   #182 (permalink)
Member
 
jameshues's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Cartoon looking photos = OVER edited, these images are poorly printed and look like newspaper quality.



Horrible auto sticker, cant imagine how ugly that card is in person

Have they cut out the cut windowed autos? NOPE



As much as people like to defend panini, fact is my points are all correct. And they never improved
That's not a cut out window, that's just a normal sticker where the player signed off the sticker. This is what a cut-out window is:
10-11 GS: 10/11 Gold Standard OSCAR ROBERTSON SIDNEY MONCRIEF AUTO 19/25 Bucks AUTOGRAPH | eBay

11-12 GS: GORDON HAYWARD 11-12 PANINI GOLD STANDARD SIGNS OF GOLD AUTO #119/149 JAZZ | eBay
Sticker auto, no more cut-out window. They got a lot of negative feedback so Panini stopped making them (that constitutes improvement)


Also, the blue ink on Totally Certified sticker autos is completely clear and defined, don't know what leads you to say the card would look horrible in person based on a scan where the card is pressed onto glass and subject to the reflection of a bright light. They look fine, actually pretty good IMO.https://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...carousel-36035


Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
fact is my points are all correct
yeah okay
__________________
Looking for all CHRIS PAUL patches and autos!
My photobucket: http://www.photobucket.com/jameshues
jameshues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:32 AM   #183 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,129
Default

This is the truth!
Move over Topps, move over UD,
Times up!
Panini got the basketball!
Its done! They renewed their licence. The others didn't.
Game over!
Panini wins!
At the end of the day.
Basketball faithful will still pickup Panini!
Lets enjoy and welcome the product of the year tomorrow.
Panini Prizm.
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #184 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshues View Post
They have value if you're smart about it (i.e. quit while you're ahead). That's how I've pulled 2 Kobe Autos, a John Wall RC Auto /25, and an Anthony Davis RC Auto for very reasonable prices.

Panini CS is great if you call them and ask for the right people, I got a Derrick Anderon crap rookie auto replaced with a Kevin Love GS Jersey Auto. You just have to know how to work their system.

Just wait for Absolute/TT/[NT?] to come out, then tell me there aren't any huge hits.


I'm not trying to say Panini is perfect, but you don't give them enough credit.
What huge hits will there be? A Derrick rose 1/1 tag auto worth about $300 that people will refuse to sell for less than $1000? A Kobe auto patch worth about $800? Well then they should charge even more for the boxes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
No, actually you said 35-40%...



Where in the basketball forum so I'm not really interested in baseball or football.



11/12 Gold Standard: Currently ~$160, a 20% decrease from MAPP
10/11 Classics: Currently ~$72, a 25-30% decrease
10/11 Contenders: Currently ~$82 (wasn't this around $100 a box at launch?)
11/12 Limited: Currently $80, 20% decrease
11/12 Past and Present: Currently ~$75, 25% decrease
10/11 Elite BB: Currently ~$188, (wasn't this about $250 a box? If so, that's about a 25% difference).

I'll give you Hoops etc. but your moving the goal posts with Prestige "by the case".

I'm not seeing much that meets your 35-40% target.
gold standard was featured on almost every black Friday site I saw, for $135, and they still didn't sell out...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #185 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
This is the truth!
Move over Topps, move over UD,
Times up!
Panini got the basketball!
Its done! They renewed their licence. The others didn't.
Game over!
Panini wins!
At the end of the day.
Basketball faithful will still pickup Panini!
Lets enjoy and welcome the product of the year tomorrow.
Panini Prizm.
Oh shut up. Panini wins the license. The people who actually enjoy(ed) the hobby lose.

"move over Topps" - because panini have stolen what made you successful....
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 AM   #186 (permalink)
jj2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
gold standard was featured on almost every black Friday site I saw, for $135, and they still didn't sell out...
Which is obviously a discounted price which doesn't really count, does it?
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 AM   #187 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
Which is obviously a discounted price which doesn't really count, does it?
"and it still didn't sell out" - says it all really
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 AM   #188 (permalink)
Member
 
StraightCash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
This is the truth!
Move over Topps, move over UD,
Times up!
Panini got the basketball!
Its done! They renewed their licence. The others didn't.
Game over!
Panini wins!
At the end of the day.
Basketball faithful will still pickup Panini!
Lets enjoy and welcome the product of the year tomorrow.
Panini Prizm.
Some people can't grasp the fact that UD and Topps will never see the NBA license again.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #189 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
What huge hits will there be? A Derrick rose 1/1 tag auto worth about $300 that people will refuse to sell for less than $1000? A Kobe auto patch worth about $800? Well then they should charge even more for the boxes!



gold standard was featured on almost every black Friday site I saw, for $135, and they still didn't sell out...
Again! I say that the collectors are devaluing the singles prices, not the manufacturers! D Rose 1/1 Tag auto should be more than $300

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Oh shut up. Panini wins the license. The people who actually enjoy(ed) the hobby lose.

"move over Topps" - because panini have stolen what made you successful....
Topps didn't bid for the license Hairy!

I can't believe the constant negativity and that spills from you an others on this forum, as well as others!

It really isn't a pleasant way to live!
__________________
Collecting 12-13 Gold Standard Superscribe Autos
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #190 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Again! I say that the collectors are devaluing the singles prices, not the manufacturers! D Rose 1/1 Tag auto should be more than $300



Topps didn't bid for the license Hairy!

I can't believe the constant negativity and that spills from you an others on this forum, as well as others!

It really isn't a pleasant way to live!
Rob saw the original sale, not 100% sure of the price but the seller won't budge on his asking, which is sad because he'll never get close...

And I know Topps didn't, what the hell is wrong with you guys being annoyed by my disappointment in this company?
IF they priced the products more appropriately I wouldn't mind them... But they're a ripoff and with no competition and people still buying the products why would they change... Sucks.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #191 (permalink)
Member
 
cruiserdaddy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,658
Default

Your cracking me up. Im going by true market on Dealernet. If you want to quote RETAIL prices from this site its not relevant. Lets keep in mind this stuff will all be on Friday specials and continues to SIT. It does not sell at the prices you have listed. Check Dealernet or have someone you know do so. You will see my 35% hold VERY true. Check case prices and its even worse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
No, actually you said 35-40%...



Where in the basketball forum so I'm not really interested in baseball or football.



11/12 Gold Standard: Currently ~$160, a 20% decrease from MAPP
10/11 Classics: Currently ~$72, a 25-30% decrease
10/11 Contenders: Currently ~$82 (wasn't this around $100 a box at launch?)
11/12 Limited: Currently $80, 20% decrease
11/12 Past and Present: Currently ~$75, 25% decrease
10/11 Elite BB: Currently ~$188, (wasn't this about $250 a box? If so, that's about a 25% difference).

I'll give you Hoops etc. but your moving the goal posts with Prestige "by the case".

I'm not seeing much that meets your 35-40% target.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #192 (permalink)
jj2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Your cracking me up. Im going by true market on Dealernet. If you want to quote RETAIL prices from this site its not relevant. Lets keep in mind this stuff will all be on Friday specials and continues to SIT. It does not sell at the prices you have listed. Check Dealernet or have someone you know do so. You will see my 35% hold VERY true. Check case prices and its even worse.
I'm sorry, I thought we were going to have a sensible conversation. It's clear now that all you are going to do is continually move the goal posts in order to try and validate your points. Have a good day.

Last edited by jj2; 11-28-2012 at 01:17 AM.
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #193 (permalink)
Member
 
Lee42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 431
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Again! I say that the collectors are devaluing the singles prices, not the manufacturers! D Rose 1/1 Tag auto should be more than $300



Topps didn't bid for the license Hairy!

I can't believe the constant negativity and that spills from you an others on this forum, as well as others!

It really isn't a pleasant way to live!
Amen....glad I'm not the only one to point this out!
Lee42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:50 AM   #194 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 13th Floor
Posts: 1,798
Default

I used to love them. Seems like to me anyway, since "Panini" took over a few years ago the hit quality per box dropped off and the Redemptions become more and more way too common.
2009 was awesome!! ever since then has just gotten worse and worse each year.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:15 AM   #195 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2 View Post
Which is obviously a discounted price which doesn't really count, does it?
You have to realize that Topps Chrome in Baseball and football had 20% discount on BF and both sold out in less than 15 minutes. Panini Pestrige was on sale from $100 to $66. And yet, you don't even see people buying these boxes at "discount price". Clearly, $100 is overpriced. $66 is still overpriced. Maybe at $50, then people will start buying Panini.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:27 AM   #196 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee42 View Post
Amen....glad I'm not the only one to point this out!
And like I said, why do you care?? Why don't you just P off and be thankful I'm not saying anything on your forum...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
You have to realize that Topps Chrome in Baseball and football had 20% discount on BF and both sold out in less than 15 minutes. Panini Pestrige was on sale from $100 to $66. And yet, you don't even see people buying these boxes at "discount price". Clearly, $100 is overpriced. $66 is still overpriced. Maybe at $50, then people will start buying Panini.
DING DING DING!

Last edited by iluvfish2; 11-28-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: seems fine to me
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 AM   #197 (permalink)
jj2
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,566
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
You have to realize that Topps Chrome in Baseball and football had 20% discount on BF and both sold out in less than 15 minutes. Panini Pestrige was on sale from $100 to $66. And yet, you don't even see people buying these boxes at "discount price". Clearly, $100 is overpriced. $66 is still overpriced. Maybe at $50, then people will start buying Panini.
The allotted stock of Prestige Basketball sold out on DA on Black Friday, did it not?
jj2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #198 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carribean
Posts: 2,347
Default

Panini needs to make money because the NBA license is very expensive
benz35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:18 AM   #199 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: las vegas
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz35 View Post
Panini needs to make money because the NBA license is very expensive
how much is it?
__________________
http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/maxdaaxejd/

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:52 AM   #200 (permalink)
Member
 
bdrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC but Los Angeles at heart.
Posts: 5,900
Default

Panini can be summed up as such: "half the quality for twice the price."

They wanted the exclusive for a reason, and they're abusing the heck out of the monopoly.

Leaf is putting out better product than Panini right now.
__________________
Collecting HoF autographs
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.