Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator993 View Post
Apply tinfoil hats now.

Im sorry we are to believe its more likely UD planted this one card to a member on these boards (not a brand new member) to bring hype (for a product that already doubled in presale price) over the other option that is was a great albeit lucky pull for the guy?
Im sorry but do you not find it odd that ONE card from the set is listed ONE day prior to release? Member here or not, why didn't he list the remaining contents of the box on eBay? Why did he have the box a day early?

It's ironic that's all.

You're saying that it's more likely that miraculously the first card that shows up from the set, a day early, the ONLY card listed ... is a red PMG of Lebron, arguably the 2nd best player in the set, and his current jersey number.

And that is LESS likely then the fact UD backdoored the card/box to him to list and get the hype up for their release?!

I'll take you up on those odds any day!
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #52 (permalink)

WOW this card is so nice!
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Im sorry but do you not find it odd that ONE card from the set is listed ONE day prior to release? Member here or not, why didn't he list the remaining contents of the box on eBay? Why did he have the box a day early?

It's ironic that's all.

You're saying that it's more likely that miraculously the first card that shows up from the set, a day early, the ONLY card listed ... is a red PMG of Lebron, arguably the 2nd best player in the set, and his current jersey number.

And that is LESS likely then the fact UD backdoored the card/box to him to list and get the hype up for their release?!

I'll take you up on those odds any day!
im not sure you are allowed to play, because you have a cantelope cat hat
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
no, this card goes for more than 1000 no matter what the circumstance. its just a bit strange that its the one and only card on ebay at the moment...i'd like to see scans of the rest of the break...
I think this is a bit optimistic considering it's the Red #/150 version... If that were the case, then the Blue #/50 and Green #/10 would go for insane prices. That doesn't even include the MJ's. In total, it would imply that at least 420 cards are worth more than $1k SV, and we still haven't gotten into the MJ buy-backs, inserts, etc. These boxes would have to more than double or triple in price before the hype got high enough to support these types of prices... edit: unless you were just referring to the #6 jersey numbered PMG, in which case I'd agree with you that $1k+ is definitely the going price no matter what.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
Why not give the guy the #6 Green or Blue or the #23 MJ? I think the conspiracy theory is far-fetched, though it is somewhat coincidental haha.
Because those cards are sitting in the vaults, backdoored to other people

And you don't want to push out the absolute BEST cards at the beginning of the release, that would ruin the chase FOR those big cards!

So this card, a BIG card, but not the BEST, is perfect fit for that situation!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
im not sure you are allowed to play, because you have a cantelope cat hat
Cantelope cat hat has tinfoil underneath, you just cant see it!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
How did you get the box a day prior to official release?!
The dealer I bought it from has the cases in hand today. If I lived close to where they are, I am sure I could pick them up right now.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #58 (permalink)

Cantelope hat>tinfoil hat

I don't know how people get stuff early, I know I have seen some products hit shelves days before the release not just the afternoon prior. Also if the guy didn't hit a PMG Lebron or Jordan or any other card would of qualified for tin foil status maybe he wouldn't of rushed to show it off on these boards?
Gator993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #59 (permalink)

OMG the guy pulled the LeBron PMG, so its OBVIOUSLY a backdoor by UD right?! All of you idiots who are assuming this need to stop immediately. There have been rumors of backdooring for a while, but has anyone even found anything concrete out? NO. No one will ever know, it is all speculation, and its all #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. Everyone bitching about this guy pulling this card is probably just jealous.
ichirorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
I think this is a bit optimistic considering it's the Red #/150 version... If that were the case, then the Blue #/50 and Green #/10 would go for insane prices. That doesn't even include the MJ's. In total, it would imply that at least 420 cards are worth more than $1k SV, and we still haven't gotten into the MJ buy-backs, inserts, etc. These boxes would have to more than double or triple in price before the hype got high enough to support these types of prices... edit: unless you were just referring to the #6 jersey numbered PMG, in which case I'd agree with you that $1k+ is definitely the going price no matter what.

i am referring to the jersey # card, the card in question here...but i was also under the assumption that they were all /150 and just different colors like the originals...but i guess they are not.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichirorox View Post
OMG the guy pulled the LeBron PMG, so its OBVIOUSLY a backdoor by UD right?! All of you idiots who are assuming this need to stop immediately. There have been rumors of backdooring for a while, but has anyone even found anything concrete out? NO. No one will ever know, it is all speculation, and its all #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@. Everyone bitching about this guy pulling this card is probably just jealous.
lol...im going with it being legit until proven otherwise...its just very very coincidental .
Old 09-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #62 (permalink)

Man this card is getting shilled. $1500 already! If I was the seller, I would cancel the listing, relist as a one day starting at 8-9 PM PST today, watch it get shilled, have a NPB, and then relist as a BIN lol.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Because it will be bid up then not paid for
I agree, too many fake bidders out there for this card.

Sorry to say seller, but you won't get paid for this.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

I am jealous

Only thing makes it legit to me is LittleItalian is not listing a back doored ud product
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

Looks like dacardworld raised the price on their boxes and cases again too.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Man this card is getting shilled. $1500 already! If I was the seller, I would cancel the listing, relist as a one day starting at 8-9 PM PST today, watch it get shilled, have a NPB, and then relist as a BIN lol.
its not at 1500 anymore lol...someone already retracted...
Old 09-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Everyone says let the auction run but I would sell to someone off ebay so I can get PAID. I doubt the winning bidder pays for the card. If somebody offers 1k or more take it and run.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
MSD

You ever think that maybe he's waiting until tonight to list the items..there's this thing called timing your auctions..

And I wouldn't cancel it..I'm sure the seller is getting a bunch of offers for the card as we speak..
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #69 (permalink)

Shouldn't you expect 3-5 PMG per case? I mean they made 7500 total PMG Red cards, and If UD has a print of 1500 cases, that means 5 per case, 2500 cases mean 3 PMG per case right?
Not to mention how many Blue or Greens you can hit. I'd say 1.5 Master boxes should yield a PMG.
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
its not at 1500 anymore lol...someone already retracted...
It completely baffles me why eBay allow people to retract their bids; they should be contractually binding.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt16 View Post
Everyone says let the auction run but I would sell to someone off ebay so I can get PAID. I doubt the winning bidder pays for the card. If somebody offers 1k or more take it and run.
^^^bad advice
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #72 (permalink)

Check out the bids on the auction and the seller's feedback. He recently sold a pair of shoes to someone, the following feedback was submitted.

"Although the transaction didn't quite work out good overall experience."

The person who left this feedback and the current high bidder are one in the same, correct? I don't call out shilling at all, but this auction doesn't smell right.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #73 (permalink)

Some distributors had their cases last week. Not far fatched to get product 1 day early. Nice pull.

Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

there are 150 reds thats alot

if a green pops up within a week it will hurt this auction
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
It completely baffles me why eBay allow people to retract their bids; they should be contractually binding.
agreed. should have to have a really good reason for retracting...i mean since it was retracted right after it was placed and there is still 6 days left in the auction i would say thats 'more' ok then having the winning bid for a while then cancelling right before the end. at least if you're going to retract it should have to be immediately like this bidder did. but i agree, shouldn't be allowed. i've never done it and can't see why i would. you should be 100% behind your bid or dont make it!