Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #101 (permalink)

It was up to 1k when I checked earlier. Anyway I guess its a good thing for the hobby since it created a buzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
What was it up too?
jprk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #102 (permalink)

Odds this was a UD plant?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsters View Post
Some distributors had their cases last week. Not far fatched to get product 1 day early. Nice pull.
All products with a release date are received prior to that date, but signed contracts stipulate when the retailer can sell and if they violate that contract the penalties can be stiff. Penalties range from never being able to sell the product again and/or fines.

The movie and music industry set heavy fines.
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Odds this was a UD plant?
None. My LCS just got an email from UD saying to not sell products early. They mention Retro releases tomorrow and Cup on 9/11.
FrankieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #105 (permalink)
Banned

Where did member go?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Where did OP go?
Probably got a call from the store he bought from tearing him a new one for ruining their Upper Deck contract.
fullmetal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #107 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Probably got a call from the store he bought from tearing him a new one for ruining their Upper Deck contract.
haha i changed it cause it wasn't OP but guy did make appearance on first page...

Or its all bogus!
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieP View Post
None. My LCS just got an email from UD saying to not sell products early. They mention Retro releases tomorrow and Cup on 9/11.
I don't think you understand. I meant odds UD either has this card in their possession or backdoored it to someone so they'd list it and generate hype the day before release?

Personal opinion is they didn't do it, but not naive enough to completely rule it out.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #109 (permalink)
Banned

I like the lebrons
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
true. actions were taken on the store and distributor.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #111 (permalink)

What does jordan #10 sell for?

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #112 (permalink)

Naw, UD doesn't need to hype anything up by backdooring any card. I think they sell everything to distributors for a set price so even if the prices jump 100% their inventory is already out..

Last edited by 15ncounting; 09-05-2012 at 08:03 PM.
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #113 (permalink)

Sorry if this has already been posted...

So what are these boxes selling for?

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #114 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Sorry if this has already been posted...

So what are these boxes selling for?
were at $300 yesterday. climbing already and at $315, crazy since it opened at $150
Houdini's 50 Caser: BCAP-BV Breyvic Valera
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #115 (permalink)

Default I assure you its no backdoor or anything shady by UD

I busted a box today on my lunch break. They apparently were sold early by mistake. UD has asked me to remove the card until midnight which I have. Its AMAZING the things people dream up. Very nice cards enjoy busting boxes tom everyone. Thanks for all the positive comments on the pull. Its one of my best.

Sale/Trade bucket:
http://imgur.com/a/PdsMK
slim2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim2430 View Post
I busted a box today on my lunch break. They apparently were sold early by mistake. UD has asked me to remove the card until midnight which I have. Its AMAZING the things people dream up. Very nice cards enjoy busting boxes tom everyone. Thanks for all the positive comments on the pull. Its one of my best.
For the kind of money this was up to in a few short hours I would say screw Upper Deck. You have no legal contract or calpability with Upper Deck. The LCD you purchases from is liable and not you as the seller. Did Upper deck offer you anything?
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #117 (permalink)

How did ud contact you, was it like secret service stuff, you list it and in 2 hours they show up at your door?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually a reasonable explanation!

But.... the card IS NOT jersey #ed!

In 10 years time, people won't want to look back at what year it was released and cross check his jersey number! lol

It has to match the jersey on the card!!

But.... GLWS!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #119 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Actually a reasonable explanation!

But.... the card IS NOT jersey #ed!

In 10 years time, people won't want to look back at what year it was released and cross check his jersey number! lol

It has to match the jersey on the card!!

But.... GLWS!

+1,000,000 times...
my_onni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
For the kind of money this was up to in a few short hours I would say screw Upper Deck. You have no legal contract or calpability with Upper Deck. The LCD you purchases from is liable and not you as the seller. Did Upper deck offer you anything?
Co-signed. I would've told UD to take a walk.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #121 (permalink)

Default secret service...haha

It was kinda like that. they definitely tracked me down. i didnt take it down for upper deck I did it for my LCS owner. He is where I get all my boxes etc and I didnt want to cause any problems for him. UD did not offer me anything. I was just trying to do the right thing. I can repost it at midnight I am sure I wont have any problems selling it but it wouldve been nice to be offered something from UD. here are the other cards pulled just for any non believers out there.
Attached Thumbnails
First Lebron 11-12 UD Retro PMG Listed!-photo-1-.jpg  

Sale/Trade bucket:
http://imgur.com/a/PdsMK
slim2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
It was kinda like that. they definitely tracked me down. i didnt take it down for upper deck I did it for my LCS owner. He is where I get all my boxes etc and I didnt want to cause any problems for him. UD did not offer me anything. I was just trying to do the right thing. I can repost it at midnight I am sure I wont have any problems selling it but it wouldve been nice to be offered something from UD. here are the other cards pulled just for any non believers out there.
Awesome! Well done mate, and congrats!

Any Kawhi Leonard? lol
Old 09-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:

You think that it would have been 'nice' for UD to 'offer you something'

Really?...
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
I don't think you understand. I meant odds UD either has this card in their possession or backdoored it to someone so they'd list it and generate hype the day before release?

Personal opinion is they didn't do it, but not naive enough to completely rule it out.
I tried to tell you in the other thread that this was against contract rules for retailers/dealers to list the product for sale in the open market prior to release date ... but you told me I was wrong!

Haha, I wasn't 100% sure, but that is why the auction got taken down ... it needs to be a fair playing ground for all. Even though this OP was probably told not to list but did anyways to try and gain more $$$, he now probably has been contacted privately with numerous offers. So his plan still benefits him either way, but likely ruins his rep with the store a bit. The store is now going to be under scrutiny by UD as a result...
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
I tried to tell you in the other thread that this was against contract rules for retailers/dealers to list the product for sale in the open market prior to release date ... but you told me I was wrong!

Haha, I wasn't 100% sure, but that is why the auction got taken down ... it needs to be a fair playing ground for all. Even though this OP was probably told not to list but did anyways to try and gain more $$$, he now probably has been contacted privately with numerous offers. So his plan still benefits him either way, but likely ruins his rep with the store a bit. The store is now going to be under scrutiny by UD as a result...
First off, you need to keep everything that was said correct and not carry it over into other areas.

I said the guy who pulled the card can sell it however he so chooses. Upper Deck can't tell people who open boxes what to do with the contents. Upper Deck can tell retailers/dealers/whoever they deal directly with not to sell before a certain date. If these people sell before that date, UD can fine them or refuse to deal with them in the future. Again, nothing UD can do to some guy who gets a box early from his shop, opens it, and puts the contents on eBay before the release date.

UD can e-mail the guy all they want, but there's nothing they can do to him. If they found out what shop he got the box from, UD could take action against that shop. The auction wasn't taken down by eBay; it was taken down by the seller. The seller said he's trying to protect his shop, which is fine. But he was under no obligation to remove the listing.

Is that clear? Your understanding that no one anywhere can sell boxes or the contents of boxes before release date is wrong. You're throwing businesses and third party consumers together when those two groups operate under a different set of obligations.