Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Just joined a 1 box UD Retro break, Guess what was in it?

Had 2 spots, Got the Bulls and Kings in ONE box of UD Retro........

Box had a Larry Johnson Auto, PMG /50 of some 70's Celtics white guy I never heard of.....

And

JORDAN AUTO BOOM

Just messing around with this auction and picture... I'll post a scan when it gets int he mail

2011-12 Fleer Retro Michael "TheTruth" Jordan Autograph 1/1 ? | eBay

Looking to Buy- Redskins-Raiders-Bills-Lakers-PelicansRookie Autos
FreeFlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Old 09-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

The sticker kills it. Good luck with your auction.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

This was already posted in the break section... No need to repeat here were it doesn't belong. Also, congrats!
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothfidelity View Post
The sticker kills it. Good luck with your auction.
Thanks for the compliment, Of course I wish it wasn't a sticker auto but for $52 , I'm not complaining AT ALL and am ecstatic about hitting this, One of my best pull ever in group breaks almost every week for the past year....

It's a JOKE auction.... I wasn't even gonna sell it but after thinking about it, I'll probably list it for $2000 OBO and take somewhere in the 1200 range when I have a good scan then go buy a jordan bulls uniform on-card auto with the funds + whatever I have to throw in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
This was already posted in the break section... No need to repeat here were it doesn't belong. Also, congrats!
Yeah, Like I knew somebody was gonna post a thread about MY card I hit?

Sorry, but this is why I don't come to the basketball section on blowout much anymore, You guys take things WAY to seriously for a hobby that is supposed to be fun. I'm not talking about just your responses alone, in general, I read some of these threads in the past 4 months and it makes me want to quit the hobby, it's THAT bad that some words on a computer screen could make me feel that way about one of the only hobby's I've enjoyed almost my entire life. So this is my last thread/post here until the NBA season starts again....

Football Section > Basketball

No offense to the %10 of cool members on this board that I still enjoy chatting with nowadays.

Please delete or move mods.... Ban me while your at it for the serious offense I committed.

Last edited by FreeFlow; 09-08-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

nice MJ! hater's gonna hate especially smoothfidelity he's the meanest troll round these parts
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
nice MJ! hater's gonna hate especially smoothfidelity he's the meanest troll round these parts
Thanks bud..... I know people get jealous, I should know that more then most as a successful business man I've had to deal with that since then from people I grew up with in a poor neighborhood that I thought we're friends but turned into lazy leeches that wanted to mooch off my years of struggling in college and 10-14 hour days working for years until I finally made something for myself.

But enough of that, this is what I'm talking about, I never wanna type things like that but after reading and posting in this section in the past week, that's unfortunately how my posts/threads seem to come off lately and I'm not like that. Thread has 200 views with only those 2 comments?

You know what, Since this hobby is fun and I know you are one of the good guys around these parts..... That Hardaway hand painted 8x10 reprint with the auto you wanted. It's yours, Just PM me your address and toss me whatever it's gonna cost for shipping, $3 I think.

Take care all, I'll see some of you in the football section still of course

Old 09-08-2012, 07:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFlow View Post
Sorry, but this is why I don't come to the basketball section on blowout much anymore, You guys take things WAY to seriously for a hobby that is supposed to be fun. I'm not talking about just your responses alone, in general, I read some of these threads in the past 4 months and it makes me want to quit the hobby, it's THAT bad that some words on a computer screen could make me feel that way about one of the only hobby's I've enjoyed almost my entire life. So this is my last thread/post here until the NBA season starts again....
I completely agree with you and understand what you're saying.

Anyone with any common sense and a heart would see that you're excited about your big hit and would congratulate you and be happy for you.

Instead, you get comments like 'The sticker kills it. Good luck with your auction.' What kind of person says that? What a low blow. Totally uncalled for.

And that is why my enjoyment of these forums has also fallen off a cliff in recent months.

Unfortunately, nothing gets done about it. There are a number of members who need warnings about their comments and attitude.

If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
I completely agree with you and understand what you're saying.

Anyone with any common sense and a heart would see that you're excited about your big hit and would congratulate you and be happy for you.

Instead, you get comments like 'The sticker kills it. Good luck with your auction.' What kind of person says that? What a low blow. Totally uncalled for.

And that is why my enjoyment of these forums has also fallen off a cliff in recent months.

Unfortunately, nothing gets done about it. There are a number of members who need warnings about their comments and attitude.

If you haven't got anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Did you ever think you few are overly sensitive, and blowing this out of proportion? Probably not.

Nothing wrong was said. Just because every person didn't rave over this card of MJ in a college uni with a sticker auto attached you both have your panties in a bunch.

There has been discussions on how UD flopped on these autographics cards by using stickers. These cards would be awesome otherwise. I'll state THE TRUTH again; the sticker kills it. When you actually sell the card and see the true market value, you will then agree.

You hate this forum for people stating their opinion? Do you want to know why this forum really sucks? Because the ass kissing cult here likes to take words out of context, go on a tangent together, and stroke each other over something such as this. Someone telling the truth about UD's flop, and wishing the OP luck with his auction.

Last edited by smoothfidelity; 09-08-2012 at 07:21 AM.
smoothfidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

But why did you feel the need to piss on someone's parade like that?

The guy is clearly excited about his card (as I and most other collectors would be) yet you jump in at the first opportunity to put a downer on things.

Have some class.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

Great pull man! That was one of my favorite Autographics designs
Stats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Great pull! Awesome card.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

It's great to see fellow members on here have some great luck with this product,
Congrats! I have no clue on the print run so can someone please enlighten us on it.
Haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Nice MJ auto. In my opinion it does not really matter to me if its a sticker auto or on card auto. It's a card that has Jordans auto. How many bball collectors out there including me who would be excited in pulling an MJ auto. This is what this hobby is about having fun especially when you pull something this big.
jprk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
It is a basketball card. It BELONGS in the basketball section. Where do you think it belongs, in the baseball section? No need for hate on Blowout. Lets just all get cards, and go from there. Trolls like you, just need to leave and never come back. Nice Jordan! Of course Chad pulled it!
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

This thread features WillC, one of maybe 5 normal guys who posts in the Basketball section, and smoothfidelity, who is certainly not smooth, and likely does not possess much of the characteristic of fidelity.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Great hit, if people would read the basketball section more often they would realize that there are a great group of people here.

I gave up group breaks, I never got lucky like that. Awesome hit!
Old 09-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #18 (permalink)

Man u can't get much better for $52... congrats on the good fortune! Sticker ruins it.... Blah blah blah... It's MJ!

http://s697.photobucket.com/user/montej1695/library/CP3%20-%20RC?sort=6&page=1
montej1695 is online now   Reply With Quote