Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default DERRICK ROSE - "The Return"

I can't wait to see him play again.

This is his latest video (uploaded Sept 7)

-
TheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

D Rose is a warrior. This guy is just determined as heck, not only to comeback strong n healthy, but to WIN. Cool video
Old 09-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

He'll never win in Chitown. Just do it already, go to the Thunders or Lakers. Trade the integrity for a ring, everyone's doing it!
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
He'll never win in Chitown. Just do it already, go to the Thunders or Lakers. Trade the integrity for a ring, everyone's doing it!
Yeah, no one wins NBA titles in Chicago...
marquettebull06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquettebull06 View Post
Yeah, no one wins NBA titles in Chicago...
Puh-lease, you argument is stupid and holds no substance. When you have Pippen, Harper, Rodman, Kerr and a host of other incredible role players, you'll win. Put Jordan on the Clippers for all those years, we wouldn't even know who he was.

Ain't gonna happen with the team in Chicago as it stands now.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Puh-lease, you argument is stupid and holds no substance. When you have Pippen, Harper, Rodman, Kerr and a host of other incredible role players, you'll win. Put Jordan on the Clippers for all those years, we wouldn't even know who he was.

Ain't gonna happen with the team in Chicago as it stands now.
It's true, without Jordan's teammates he wouldn't have all the championships. Derrick Rose has who? Noah?!?!?!
Kingbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
i would rather rose stayed in chicago and never won , then go team up with someone else , that being said the bulls will win in the rose era , and do it the right way like they did when they drafted , jordan, pippen (via trade i know but he never played a game with the sonics) , grant , kukoc, etc
bullrose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbudd View Post
It's true, without Jordan's teammates he wouldn't have all the championships. Derrick Rose has who? Noah?!?!?!
You could say that about any player that has won a championship. They are a team accomplishment for that very reason.

We would most definitely know who Jordan was though if he played for the Cavs. The Cavs were a good team during the Jordan era, and Jordan was just that good. He could take a terrible team (not that the Cavs were terrible) and make them a contender.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:33 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
You could say that about any player that has won a championship. They are a team accomplishment for that very reason.

We would most definitely know who Jordan was though if he played for the Cavs. The Cavs were a good team during the Jordan era, and Jordan was just that good. He could take a terrible team (not that the Cavs were terrible) and make them a contender.
First i didnt agree with the fact that jordan wouldnt be known, i agree with the point he wouldnt have won six championships. Yet people hate on Lebron because he had little support during his time with Cleveland. Jordan had someone in every position, Derrick Rose does not. Rose is in a similar position as Lebron was in Cleveland. Unless they pick up two other quality players his chances of winning a championship are almost zero.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
First i didnt agree with the fact that jordan wouldnt be known, i agree with the point he wouldnt have won six championships. Yet people hate on Lebron because he had little support during his time with Cleveland. Jordan had someone in every position, Derrick Rose does not. Rose is in a similar position as Lebron was in Cleveland. Unless they pick up two other quality players his chances of winning a championship are almost zero.
I know. I was responding to both of you. Should have quoted it correctly.

Rose is in a similiar position as Lebron was, but Rose has better overall players at almost every position, but the difference is that Lebron had shooter after shooter around him, kind of like he has in Miami now. They spaced the floor extremely well in Cleveland and that's one of the reasons they were so good. He had a team built to play around him and they meshed perfectly.

I wouldn't say Rose has that in Chicago. As a Bulls fan I wish he did. He needs to have an actual SG to play next to him that can shoot the ball and help spread the floor and can also put the ball on the floor and be a creator. Eric Gordon would be the perfect fit next to Rose, but the thought of that happening are quickly fading.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
I know. I was responding to both of you. Should have quoted it correctly.

Rose is in a similiar position as Lebron was, but Rose has better overall players at almost every position, but the difference is that Lebron had shooter after shooter around him, kind of like he has in Miami now. They spaced the floor extremely well in Cleveland and that's one of the reasons they were so good. He had a team built to play around him and they meshed perfectly.

I wouldn't say Rose has that in Chicago. As a Bulls fan I wish he did. He needs to have an actual SG to play next to him that can shoot the ball and help spread the floor and can also put the ball on the floor and be a creator. Eric Gordon would be the perfect fit next to Rose, but the thought of that happening are quickly fading.
Ok, I can agree with everything you said now. As a small Eric Gordon collector I would love to see Rose and Gordon play together.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok, I can agree with everything you said now. As a small Eric Gordon collector I would love to see Rose and Gordon play together.
Haha.. Thanks. Yeah, I collect them both and that would be a dream of mine for those two to play on the same team, especially if it was my favorite team (The Bulls).
Old 09-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Rose needs to stop playing the wild game he plays. He just cant battle with the big boys inside

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Rose needs to stop playing the wild game he plays. He just cant battle with the big boys inside
Yeah, his body won't hold up at all if continues that type of play..
AllStars2324 is offline   Reply With Quote