Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Remix

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettydaw1970 View Post
Wow that's the most amazing "jersey patch gold autograph" I've ever seen... friggin keyword spammers
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real RocknRolla View Post
This is a prime example of why I tend to stay away from GU cards. The Basketball Hall of Fame, Upper Deck, and a handful of various auction houses and game-worn collectors have claimed to have the game-worn MJ '96 All-Star jersey over the years.

Earlier this year, when Mitchell & Ness reproduced Jordan's '96 All-Star jersey for retail, it was found out that the jersey the Basketball Hall of Fame had in their possession and believed to be game-used, was in fact not.

Mitchell & Ness based their reproduction on the jersey supplied by the Hall of Fame. It didn't take long for jersey collectors to notice that Mitchell & Ness had put the "2" on the back of the jersey upside down--which prompted their explanation & photos of the GU jersey in the HOF. Mitchell & Ness | The Mystery of the 1996 NBA All Star Jersey

Watch the highlights of the game, or the entire game. Michael never wears a jersey with an upside down "2" on the back.
Very interesting. And who authenticates for the HOF? Grey Flannel.
The same people who banned me from bidding and asking questions once I showed them a jersey they were selling (to me) had a patch in a slightly different position than it was actually in during that game.
It's all opinion-based thesedays, and I'm starting to think it's worth avoiding any pre-Meigray jersey cards/pieces.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:18 AM   #28 (permalink)

This is making me question my whole my all-star jersey pc. It *is* possible that he wore multiple jerseys in the game.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote